L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

IMPORTANT: Daylight saving time discussion

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ok stop posting sh its about % of population using forum or any other sh its ....The simpliest and the fastest way how to manage this is to make survey / voting app on your main site ( l2shrine.com) o

dont speak instead of us.. just because GMs dont want to change time doesnt give us a reason to quit the server.... about the rest yea ur right, change it one last time and let it be.. i wou

if olympiad is the main problem, you can just reduce olympiad period by one hour

Posted Images

So we are retail like when it fits u and when it dont fit u you have ur free will... im really really dissapointed by what my eyes see..

and please switch to english.. this concern us all not just the cz comunity

14 minutes ago, Gogita said:

So we are retail like when it fits u and when it dont fit u you have ur free will... im really really dissapointed by what my eyes see..

Summary in English:

1. l2off server and DST don't mix well
2. DST in EU and DST in NAΒ don't mix well (our DST causes 4 time offset changes per year for NAΒ players - possible offsets are 1 hour, 0 hours)
3. DST on north hemisphere and DST on south hemisphere mix awfully (possible offsets are 2Β hours, 1Β hour, 0 hours, -1 hour, -2Β hours)

NCsoft could make EU server, NA server, Asia server. We don't have this possibility. To make it as smooth as possible (regarding both server software that was written in South Korea where they don't have DST and all possible DST "settings" around the world) we've decided to keep UTC+1. It's logical.

EDIT: It's logical because now it will change depending on player's DST instead of server timezone, so it will change at max 2 times a year for anyone (for someone who lives in country where there's no DST, it will change 0 times a year) and the maximum offset of the change will be 1 hour.

EDIT2: @Gogita, doΒ you really wantΒ it retail = chance of olympiad being reset 5Β days before month end as mentioned hereΒ http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=184613Β ?

56 minutes ago, huehuehue92 said:

so you're saying that a whole server Β (90% of the community i guess) that plays from eu on GMT +1 +2 +3 are forced to play oly till 1-2-3 in the night?Β 

If your country has DST, it will be +1 hour to what you've been used to.

If you're from Iceland, it's still 23:00.

If you're from UK or Portugal, it's 0:00 (was 23:00).

If you're from Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden,Β Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosna and Hercegovina, Macedonia or Albania, it's 1:00 (was 0:00).

If you're from Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria or Greece, it's 2:00 (was 1:00).

If you're from Turkey, it's still 1:00.

Most of UTC+3 countries don't have DST so if you're from Russia, it will still be 2:00.

EDIT: Do you really camp oly until the end every day?

39 minutes ago, Emca said:

If your country has DST, it will be +1 hour to what you've been used to.

If you're from Iceland, it's still 23:00.

If you're from UK or Portugal, it's 0:00 (was 23:00).

If you're from Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden,Β Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosna and Hercegovina, Macedonia or Albania, it's 1:00 (was 0:00).

If you're from Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria or Greece, it's 2:00 (was 1:00).

If you're from Turkey, it's still 1:00.

Most of UTC+3 countries don't have DST so if you're from Russia, it will still be 2:00.

EDIT: Do you really camp oly until the end every day?

I'm on +2 zone so it will be 2:00 for me and many others

and yes,some people do camp oly till the end.

PS:It's F.Y.R.O.M. , not macedonia

Edited by huehuehue92
3 hours ago, Gogita said:

Well it is there server so they can do what they like. Lets be honest here this server isn't full retail the GM's do bend the rules for us a little bit (example the wolf items not dropping etc). So I guess its fair for them to bend it for themselves when need to make life easier.

I do agree with you that if the timezone for majority of the community isn't good then perhaps we need to change it. I know we have lots of EU players perhaps not so many NA and other countries (maybe @EmcaΒ has some stats?). It is hard to find the right balance to please everyone :(Β 

You can never please everyone. What emca said about the major bugs that could follow from the time change its right so whatever, we sleep on the keyboards anyway so i dont care what time oly endsΒ 

GL HF everyone.....

Can we at least consider move it for the last time (and pernamently) to UTC+2? Forgot winter/summer time (or u can imagine it is standart/winter time and you wont move it to UTC+3 next summer) Make a poll or smth.

If you move it like that next monday restart, it wont affect oly so we put only cs in risk and there still be 5 days to try do smth with that. And dont be alibistic about 8/500 players have a problem. You have representatives of 2 major clans here, who dont like it. (yeah i know LR is half-dead now, but still considered bigger one on this server i guess)

by the way your screenshot from official forum tells us they had standart game event times (6:30 reset, 20:00 cs/tw) configured in way it fits summer time and they wont change it for winter (judging from text and from day it was written)

Edited by porem
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Emca said:

The screenshot tells that they don't change it at all. They just warn Americans that American time will change ("Therefore you will only notice the changes between Standard Time and Daylight Time if you live in a country or state that actually participates in these time changes."), so we have this the same way as retail.

yes, they dont change it... but they customized server time in way that majority of server have events in ideal time.

Β 

oh and common with more than half server... more than half server dont give a single f**k about CS and Oly so they dont mind in which timezone is server. Noone is asking anymore for changing it every half year as we now know there are serious difficulties with it. We want you to consider which timezone is most ideal for community. If keep it utc+1, change it into +2,+3 +0 or whatever and leave it as it is for next time changes. Isnt better when 1/3 server is satisfied and 2/3 dont care than when 1/3 is mad and these 2/3 still dont care?

Make poll like "Ideal server time" with UTC+0/+1/+2/+3, announce it few time a day ig ( heroes will gladly help you ) I am sure everyone who is active in CS/Oly even those who do manor regularly will vote. Others dont care about time as far as ping is low

You keep answering questions which arent asked anymore.. as i said, you would do great political career

Edited by porem

Im too lazy to translate all those 3 pages so mb i will repeat someones coment, but lets make a poll who's in or who's against changing time. I think it would be best way to gather larger community opinion not only few cz/sk active forum users.

Edited by Eldax
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Eldax said:

Im too lazy to translate all those 3 pages so mb i will repeat someones coment, but lets make a pool who's in or who's against changing time. I think it would be best way to gather larger community opinion not only few cz/sk active forum users.

I like your idea.

Perhaps the GM's can put a server announcement for players to vote in the forums (as not everyone checks the forums).Β Make the voting last 2 weeks which should be enough time for people to review.

Would be good for things like this if there was a in game voting NPC. Put it in Giran as everyone goes there anyway and each character can input there vote. The announcement will run every hour to advise players to vote which hopefully catches all players.Β They problem withΒ this is it won't be accurate as players with lots of box'sΒ can manipulate the results.Β 

Don't know this is a hard one :(Β 

Edited by Oriphix

If the voting is locked by IP address, its not gonna be biased much. Just from a few people who use VPN services or proxy. And that should be ok with this numbers. Also, your idea of giran npc (I like the idea), would take some time to do. I would say, its easier to just collect all email adresses from server database and send 1 bulk email about server time vote multiple times to all players. You will not catch everyone, but probably enough anyway.Β 

Off topic : I can't/won't be bothered to try to read or understand all of your comments in CZ/SK. Frankly I don't know why you are posting in anything other than english here, in the general discussion tab in forums, it shows lack of respect for those who don't speak/read CZ/SK.

On topic : Now about the daylight saving time, it doesn't really matter to me personally what timezone the server uses, but considering that the whole world still uses daylight saving the server should too, it doesn't matter if it's stupid or useless that , to me, is not a valid argument

10 hours ago, Oriphix said:

I like your idea.

Perhaps the GM's can put a server announcement for players to vote in the forums (as not everyone checks the forums).Β Make the voting last 2 weeks which should be enough time for people to review.

Would be good for things like this if there was a in game voting NPC. Put it in Giran as everyone goes there anyway and each character can input there vote. The announcement will run every hour to advise players to vote which hopefully catches all players.Β They problem withΒ this is it won't be accurate as players with lots of box'sΒ can manipulate the results.Β 

Don't know this is a hard one :(Β 

Let's not forget that the GM's must be willing (andΒ able) to change the times before we start talking about "lets vote". And even then, IF the times will beΒ changed, people will complain when wintertime is coming back that oly "starts too early for working people".Β 

6 minutes ago, Eldax said:

@brilliance Topic name got changed and moved from cz/sk section.

Tbh, whatever voting would looks like, we all know that atleast 90% players are against new serwer time.

Would be cool ifΒ 90% of players could also state their opinion here.

1 minute ago, Airaven said:

You really think that so many ppl watch forum ??Β 

I guess its about 20% of population here ... maximum!

I think everyone who lives in country where DST is in effect noticed that. Also they must have noticed that all server events stayed in UTC+1.

If I was playing there and was disappointed with this, I'd write it on the forum. If not, then it's not so important for me.

• Jorn locked this topic