Sign in to follow this  
Gogita

Monday Restarts

Recommended Posts

I have a suggestion.. it passed many many times trough my head and at least 10 more time trough my fingers and i still wonder why i havent made this post a bit earlier..

Is it possible to add somewhere like an information to notify newcomers that every single monday the server is restarting together with the offline shops . There are tons of people who have negative feedback when they see giran shop and they think server is empty. A lot of the people does not know about this "fresh start". Also if its not harming the system much is it possible to make the offline shop "fresh start" twice a month instead every week? Maybe like the monday after TW/Siege because the "junk traders" who leave their chars offline for TW. 

I really like this feature and having a fresh start feels really good for my OCD :D  but i also think its a bit annoying to set shops so frequently and the fact that after the restart there is no much the shop can offer you. A lot of people are looking for shots and consumables and most of the times u have to wait till the evening untill almost every person set back his shops ( cuz they work etc ) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need restart every week to

  • add clan points from RBs
  • change clan leaders
  • apply changes/fixes

So no, we won't change this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes first of all i know about the previous thread and i was even one of the last people who comentetd it so sharing it back to me has no point. As i clearly said i want to continue having fresh start of the shops but twice a month not every week. And by that i dont mean restatrting the server twice a month... and second of all my reason of making this thread was to add an information on visible place about those restarts because as an academy recruiter and person who is always PMed buy testers and newcomers i could say that people look dissapointed and surprised by some facts..  the rest? it was just sharing my toughs. Its good to make it clear cuz from what i see u read just between the lines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2017 at 10:45 PM, Gogita said:

I have a suggestion.. it passed many many times trough my head and at least 10 more time trough my fingers and i still wonder why i havent made this post a bit earlier..

Is it possible to add somewhere like an information to notify newcomers that every single monday the server is restarting together with the offline shops . There are tons of people who have negative feedback when they see giran shop and they think server is empty. A lot of the people does not know about this "fresh start". Also if its not harming the system much is it possible to make the offline shop "fresh start" twice a month instead every week? Maybe like the monday after TW/Siege because the "junk traders" who leave their chars offline for TW. 

I really like this feature and having a fresh start feels really good for my OCD :D  but i also think its a bit annoying to set shops so frequently and the fact that after the restart there is no much the shop can offer you. A lot of people are looking for shots and consumables and most of the times u have to wait till the evening untill almost every person set back his shops ( cuz they work etc ) 

Bump

I can relate to all of the above. It might be something to think about as reducing the restarts could boost the crippled/non-existant market we have. Or maybe changing the date of the restart so traders are active and can replace their shops, Monday sucks in many different ways

Its just a thought ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2017 at 10:02 AM, Emca said:

We need restart every week to

  • add clan points from RBs
  • change clan leaders
  • apply changes/fixes

So no, we won't change this.

Why not make it saturday morning in this case ? Like 5 am so that people can log and put their stores up right away :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, k0ntra said:

Why not make it saturday morning in this case ? Like 5 am so that people can log and put their stores up right away :)

Because it can cause problem with territory wars and castle sieges. Monday is very good as it's right after the siege...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the debate that comes to mind is: Do we benefit server stability for the few that remain or do we try and change this to enhance server experience for the few that remain?

Another question: Changing this to any other day of the week would be that counterproductive? Lets say: Wednesday? Friday?

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kanuza said:

So the debate that comes to mind is: Do we benefit server stability for the few that remain or do we try and change this to enhance server experience for the few that remain?

Another question: Changing this to any other day of the week would be that counterproductive? Lets say: Wednesday? Friday?

There's some bug causing inability to register to Territory Wars in one or more territories and this is fixed when we restart server (and do some database maintenance during the restart, in fact it's an ugly workaround, but works fine). So if the restart was on Friday, some players wouldn't be able to register to TW between Sunday Castle Siege and Friday restart... Yeah, they would still have another week for the registration, but the bug and bug reports are real:
https://forum.l2shrine.com/topic/965-territory-goddard/
https://forum.l2shrine.com/topic/678-registration-for-tw-goddard-is-not-possible/
https://forum.l2shrine.com/topic/963-server-restart-additional/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TzaR said:

why touch something that works well?
better fix frintezzu

+

- 4 spam GMs with ideas 

Edited by sunshine
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 11:22 AM, TzaR said:

why touch something that works well?
better fix frintezzu

I'm trying to find ways to make the server better and more appealing to new players so you dont have to log 10 boxes to kill "frintezzu", and when you do kill him you'll have someone to trade the necklace to and make a profit. 

 

@Emca could there be any other way of reducing the hassle of having to put shops every week? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

idea < make(idea) / 100ideas : 1xEmca = problem / totaly simple way we can say one thing is idea and one thing is make it to reality .)

if that cant help: GM´s know pretty exactly what to do They can see ,,forum,, topic´s/posts of all of us and can choose

i heard Freya comeing(must be a lot of work!) and as everybody know this wount be last topic with ,,ideas,, so please

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sunshine said:

idea < make(idea) / 100ideas : 1xEmca = problem / totaly simple way we can say one thing is idea and one thing is make it to reality .)

if that cant help: GM´s know pretty exactly what to do They can see ,,forum,, topic´s/posts of all of us and can choose

i heard Freya comeing(must be a lot of work!) and as everybody know this wount be last topic with ,,ideas,, so please

Are you retarded? oh wait, stupid question. We know the answer to that.

Lemme leave this here just in case your brain cant comprehend what it is your participating in:

fo·rum (fôr′əm) n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr′ə)

1.
a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activityand public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or website.
2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation. (www.thefreedictionary.com)

 

Having said that I can post whatever I want so go back to your cave if all youre gonna do is troll people for voicing their opinions; and if you do it at least do it in plain fucking english and not whatever the hell that is you write in. It's not my fault you skipped school.

Oh and stop brown-nosing the GMs or at least try not to make it that obvious.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kanuza said:

Are you retarded? oh wait, stupid question. We know the answer to that.

Lemme leave this here just in case your brain cant comprehend what it is your participating in:

fo·rum (fôr′əm) n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr′ə)

1.
a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activityand public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or website.
2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation. (www.thefreedictionary.com)

 

Having said that I can post whatever I want so go back to your cave if all youre gonna do is troll people for voicing their opinions; and if you do it at least do it in plain fucking english and not whatever the hell that is you write in. It's not my fault you skipped school.

Oh and stop brown-nosing the GMs or at least try not to make it that obvious.

Why so angry? I dont wrote your name and after all u show up i am right about it :D

I met guy like u but only in elementary school lol if u want get another lvl high-school try stop using ctrl + c/v in all cases.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this