L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Slava Ukraini! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

IMPORTANT: Daylight saving time discussion

Just for info, for last 48 hours, 92 members who are registered at least one week visited forum =ย still just 22.8 % of those who VISIT the forum regularly.

EDIT: Ok,ย 23.333 % when I don't count @Jorn and me

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ok stop posting sh its about % of population using forum or any other sh its ....The simpliest and the fastest way how to manage this is to make survey / voting app on your main site ( l2shrine.com) o

dont speak instead of us.. just because GMs dont want to change time doesnt give us a reason to quit the server.... about the rest yea ur right, change it one last time and let it be.. i wou

if olympiad is the main problem, you can just reduce olympiad period by one hour

Posted Images

i feel my posts are ignored so i dont care anymore :(

We already understood that changing twice a year is bad for server, so we came up with pernament move to utc+2 and dont changing ever after. And you totally ignoring that and still repeating that change time twice a year is bad.

btw these your % i wrote down once... so i try that in other way... can u imagine how giran and weekends would look like when LR and MT leave server, two clans who are strong against it?

sure ppl who are dont doing cs nor oly will dont care about time... so again? isnt better when even 1/4 of players are satisfied and 3/4 dont care than when 1/4 are angry and these 3/4 still dont care? You dont care about time when you are not active in these things. But ppl who are active in these things are ppl who make your server looks alive

Edited by porem

ย 

ok stop posting sh its about % of population using forum or any other sh its ....The simpliest and the fastest way how to manage this is to make survey / voting app on your main site ( l2shrine.com) or in the L2shrine updater (probably the best option - everybody have to use it for starting theย game) and keepย this voting lets say about week or 2ย ....u know really well that many ppl dont use forum or even mainsite for informations ...and btw many ppl maybe cant post a reply cause they dont speak EN. ;)ย ....lot of us are 30+ ....

ย 

and as well as u know this u know even that most of us dont want this server time ...really dont be alibisticย 

Maybe u are right that they are just lazy or comfortable to post something ...but i think this shouldnt be an argument

• Like 1
1 hour ago, porem said:

can u imagine how giran and weekends would look like when LR and MT leave server,

dont speak instead of us.. just because GMs dont want to change time doesnt give us a reason to quit the server....

about the rest yea ur right, change it one last time and let it be..

i would suggest people to calm down a little bit.. including gms.. the topic became an argue/fighting arena instead of proving the point why people want time change vs. why GMs does NOT want time change. One is for sure as i said above, you can NOT please every single one. There should be something in the middle to balance it a bit

• Like 1
Just now, Mpouxesas said:

if olympiad is the main problem, you can just reduce olympiad period by one hour

with such a small population and olympiad barely last 10 days of the month.. i actually think thats a pretty good idea..ย 

I'm really not against permanent UTC+2, I just won't make it before month end (oly) and I don't want to annoy too much players or make some silly changes for "few" people. That's the reason we need people to write their opinion on forum.

Also the idea about shorter olympiad is good, but would be trulyย nonretail...

1 hour ago, Gogita said:

dont speak instead of us.. just because GMs dont want to change time doesnt give us a reason to quit the server....

ย 

we wont leave either, i was just trying (ok trying to be dramatic) to make a point about that clans which keeping server somehow alive are not happy with time

56 minutes ago, Mpouxesas said:

Its not only about olympiad but it is biggest part.

For utc+2 (summer time in cz) we have now:

Manor at 21:06

TW and second castle siege 21-23

Olly end 1:00

ย 

Which is basically every event started at fixed time (except for first cs)

43 minutes ago, porem said:

ok trying to be dramatic

Treat others the way u would like to be treated.. actually all of u make a really big issue out of nothing and u add fuel into the fire.. there is no point of being dramatic atm

Im not protecting gms either cuz i dont like the way they speak either. I dunno how accurate the google translator is, but i saw some pretty ugly posts from the czech forum thread about the time..ย 

I think both points were clearly stated and there isย nearly nothing else to add to this thread instead of continue arguing like little children

YES it sucks and i want it to be changed too, but if you think about it does it worth "breaking" the server files?

Are you sure that if they switch the server time and many things bug u wont make new thread crying about it instead ?

And one question to GMs: clear ur mind from all the shitstorm whats going onย the forum and think if 2-3 hours of ur free time (or whatever u said first switching time attempt took you) worth giving players one second chance and move it back to previous timezone. We all don't want any future time switching, we just want it back to normal ( as before switching it to winter time ) IF you decide the risks are too big let it be... just all stop being so dramatic and always make clear point of view on the things.. if not for the others at least for yourselves

Edited by Gogita
1 hour ago, Gogita said:

Treat others the way u would like to be treated.. actually all of u make a really big issue out of nothing and u add fuel into the fire.. there is no point of being dramatic atm

Funny that YOU are saying that :D

to topic: idc really, can live with both and idk if its worth to potentionally screw up many things that are unpredictable.. your call :Pย 

Okay I will be the one against it since no one else seems to be. Why? ย Because frankly if the GM's have said that it will break server files, that's a good enough reason for me. The server has been one of the best stable server I have played on so I would like to keep it that way.

Even though the server time is in EU i'm from NZ. I still got up at 3:30AM on Monday morning to be at siege at 4AM and went to work after siege. Stop complaining and manage you time. You don't need to start playing as soon as you get home till 1AM. If you want to attend oly go to bed and setup a alarm wake up and do it. Do you see my complaining about make time changes so its better for me? No I just deal with and move on.ย 

Yes I understand the majority of the population is from EU however we want to grow internationally have more major clans. If the time is shit for them they wouldn't join. @Emcaย and @Jornย you guys are the server owners. You need to come up with a set standard which everyone needs to follow. Decide weather you want to please the players that are complaining or the possibility to attract more players internationally while perhaps losing some population (to be honest I don't think you will lose players as there is nothing better out there)

ย 

GG Oriphix, smack em'!
Now in all seriousness we are talking about a game, not about life changing decisions. Be at the events u want to be and that's it, if your life depends on the game, so you need to make it "perfect", time it by the second, I think you have a problem. You = the people that feel this way.
Everyone works, everyone sleeps, everyone has it's own lifestyle, the game is just a bonus/part of it, treat it like it and it shall be more fun, relaxing etc. This entire topic has a bit too much focus for something that rly has not actual impact on the game itself, just on how one manages his playtime, was amusing to read honestly, but I think it's time to calm down and play some Lineage 2.

• Like 1

1:It is the competitive players that make the server look alive to ppl that ย will join the server and look for activity,the hero voices,castles/wards/heroes.not the randoms like u ( yes i know it's the total but i hope u get my point :)ย )ย 

2: @Oriphixย are from NZ but it's your choice to join an EU server , your "fault" .if u made a post ย to change time of an EU server so that u ( and only u ) from NZ play on different time would be stupidย ( not that i have different opinion atm)

3:Majority of the server is a bunch of non competitive players ( randoms)ย that do nothing to "fight" with an enemy,this is why they " dont care" about manor /sieges / oly . but as i said it's the competitive ones that will make somebody decide to start ย here once they log to see the server,not ย mr Dwarf1999 ย that sells 20 cbp in giran .ย 

4: @Duckdun ย  As u said everybody has his own lifestyle ,some work and play for 1-2-8-10-20 w.e , some others just play games / l2 in the server . judging somebody's lifestyle if they actually want to "no life" in a game is also a problem . better check the mirror before saying somebody has "an issue" if they want to play a little bit more and they're affected by the time zone .it's the forum for the GAME after all,not the psychiatrist u visit every weekend to make u feel better .ย 

ย 

PS:Oriphix u have to understand,no matter how much you'll use that tongue,u wont get any forum mod,and congrats for being the one with highest posts in a l2forum (although the posts have nothing to do with the server) ย 

ย 

Edited by huehuehue92
1 hour ago, huehuehue92 said:

ย will join the server and look for activity,ย hero voices

Yes they will see people (only 2-3)ย spoutingย nonsense on hero chat all the time. Not to mention first thing most people do is turn off hero voice, because of the spam. Castles and wards? Really? They can see this in the stats page,ย one clan the whole server owns all the wards,ย so its pretty much one sided? Definitely makes it look competitive for sure!

it's your choice to join an EU server , your "fault" .if u made a post ย to change time of an EU server

You didn't get the point. I am saying people have to make sacrifice and chose the time spent properly. Personally I have nothing against anyone that can play this game for 1-2 hours or play 16 hours a day. Its you choiceย and your life. People have different priorities. However I am against making the server unstable as the GM's have pointed out, this is exactly what the change will do. If there is a way to make the change where it doesn't affect the stability of the game then I am happy for the change to happen.

3:Majority of the server is a bunch of non competitive players ( randoms)ย that do nothing to "fight" with an enemy,this is why they " dont care" about manor /sieges / oly . but as i said it's the competitive ones that will make somebody decide to start ย here once they log to see the server,not ย mr Dwarf1999 ย that sells 20 cbp in giran .ย 

Every players opinion counts not just people that are hero or major clans. Just because they don't play competitive now doesn't mean they won't in the future. L2 end game is all about PvP anyway. Using a seller dwarf which probably will never level to justify your point is just silly.

PS:Oriphix u have to understand,no matter how much you'll use that tongue,u wont get any forum mod,and congrats for being the one with highest posts in a l2forum (although the posts have nothing to do with the server) ย 

LOL.ย 

Edited by Oriphix

@Oriphixย tell me what HV is about mr oriphix that you obviously needย subtitles to understand the example of the "1 lvl dwarf" in giran . obviously to write the wtb/wts of randoms,not for flame/global chatย that's not for everybody,right?ย 

and yes,the server is 1 sided,it always was 1 sided,but i am not sure u know why/etc cause there were not enough posts about it in forum so that u read it .

the part about ย no lifing/playing alot was to duckun,no u didnt struck a cord,it's just stupid to "judge" somebody's life/standards/preferences etc .

and as u said,every player's opinion matter.how exactly isย the server time affecting u at all? u dont do oly/probably afk in sieges(much siege very pvp )/tw and im not even going to mention oly.it's like saying : i dont ย care/want to find solution to cancer cause i don't have it.

2 minutes ago, huehuehue92 said:

and as u said,every player's opinion matter.how exactly isย the server time affecting u at all?

Offcourse it matters, if the time moves to much I won't be able to attend as I have work / life outside of the game.

18 minutes ago, huehuehue92 said:

u dont do oly

Only reason I don't do Oly is because I am not nobles.ย 

19 minutes ago, huehuehue92 said:

probably afk in sieges(much siege very pvp )/tw

LOL

• Jorn locked this topic