L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Vote: Real Money Trade

Real Money Trade  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Forbid and punish real money trade?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

As a F2P/B2P player I never understood why people are against real life money trading. I can understand it from the company's point of view, because those players are taking away their money, but you're essentially a non-profit service, so why bother? Some people might say it's an unfair advantage, but that's just life, someone born into a rich family can simply afford more, that's why there is a player in Archeage who spent an estimated 150,000€ buying legal ingame currency (Apex). Also, I see no way how can you possibly battle RMT, unless players promote their service in global chat. L2 is a sandbox game where everything goes, but I understand that for a lot of players, including me, MMOs present a world in which you can break away from the unfairness of the real life and become strong by relying on your own effort (tho to be completely fair, RMT is usually a lot cheaper than the legal RMT items offered by the companies themselves, so that argument goes out of the window).

27 minutes ago, Emca said:

TBH, it can only end up in punishing players for offering RTM trades on forum/on server... Everything else would be inconclusive.

A player sees that someone is selling items on L2Shrine or you see it yourself on max cheaters. Main form of contact is normally skype. You make contact and arrange meeting in game. Find the play and all related accounts and ban them. If they are listing there items for sale for real money its intent to sell and is still punishable imo. Nothing really inconclusive.

Edited by Kirito
4 minutes ago, Emca said:

@Kirito, maybe you don't have experience with totalism in your country but here it's considered immoral to act as an agent-provocateur...

No idea what you are on about here. This is a game so keep on topic, we not discussing what is legal and illegal in each others countries.

GM creates the server and creates the rules for the community. You control what is allowed not allowed on your server. However the community decides whether it wants to play on a server or not based on the server features. No good server would allow RTM. All I am saying is make it clear. If you are allowing it put it on the features on your website so people know where you stand. Otherwise police it like every other server / GM does it and ban people that break the rules.

Low rate servers are strictly no RMT because we want to work for there gear and like to grind. If we wanted to get all the gear we can go on mid rate or high rate there is literally no reason to play low rate otherwise.

55 minutes ago, Kirito said:

A player sees that someone is selling items on L2Shrine or you see it yourself on max cheaters. Main form of contact is normally skype. You make contact and arrange meeting in game. Find the play and all related accounts and ban them. If they are listing there items for sale for real money its intent to sell and is still punishable imo. Nothing really inconclusive.

ok,  ill make topic on max cheaters like "WTS adena on 2shrine, pm here or in game "kirito " and  show this topic Jorn. So, u mast got perma ban, right?  *censored* its not eurooff, nobody will pay here real money. what sell here? 5kk? *censored* *censored**censored*

or my suggestions - Kirito will watched about RMT if give sufficient evidence, then are risen each case, and will not be  stupid topic on forum, and everyone quietly

In all seriousness tho, what drugs are you people on, because I want some. This is not Retail, hell, this isn't even a major private server, do you really expect anyone to specialize in trading items/gold for a player-base of what, 300-400 people? Jesus, calm down and let it go.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, klever said:

ok,  ill make topic on max cheaters like "WTS adena on 2shrine, pm here or in game "kirito " and  show this topic Jorn. So, u mast got perma ban, right?  *censored* its not eurooff, nobody will pay here real money. what sell here? 5kk? *censored* *censored**censored*

or my suggestions - Kirito will watched about RMT if give sufficient evidence, then are risen each case, and will not be  stupid topic on forum, and everyone quietly

lol you make me smile :) If the person pm's of something I don't know about what do you normally do? You either ignore them or just say you don't know what you are talking about. Especially if someone pm's me I will take a screenshot and report that person for RMT after getting more information as to where he got my name / URL from. You argument is invalid and sounds like you want to RMT. Which is fine but low rate is not the place to do that.

2 hours ago, Adephx said:

In all seriousness tho, what drugs are you people on, because I want some. This is not Retail, hell, this isn't even a major private server, do you really expect anyone to specialize in trading items/gold for a player-base of what, 300-400 people? Jesus, calm down and let it go.

Yes there is 300-400 now, I have played on servers where people have done RMT on low population servers. But with out proper rules when the server has 1000+ players what are you going to then? Its better to setup the server with proper rules from the start so you don't have to deal with it later on. Catch people and ban done.

I personally believe that selling and buying in-game items for real money wouldn't be a big deal, those who got money might buy what they want, the in-game item is produced by players who did spend a lot of time on it so it is a "player played item". But when we look on different servers they have those "bots" which does like 90% of the work needed, the player didn't need to play any time for it and the item is almost like an administrator would spawn it which creates a hole in the market. 

I don't like to tell people what they are supposed to do, I think everyone can do what they want and the consequences are for their own, but cheating(by using bots) is just awful and while buying a really played for item is just a shortcut for a player(while the other one had to actually play for it).

So at the end, I am against it. I am aware of the fact that this server have some anti-bot protection(and I do not know how that is supposed to work anyway) but I don't believe that anything works in 100%.

To admins: 

I can't recall you making a poll on autoloot.

No poll on global chat.

No poll on rates.

No poll on vote reward .

My question is ,why the hell is all the fuzz about something you clearly disagree with? Isn't it unfair  to everything else that has been discussed and denied as a change without a poll ? This topic should have been locked a long time ago. Stick to what you want, bottom line is - ITS YOUR SERVER. If you made a poll on autoloot,when it was discussed,how did you think it would go? Give it a month and people will start to bitch about being PK'd ..well it is a part of the game and more people will leave because of it than because someone is using mommy's credit card to get a quest done.It should be your call.

Edited by Squallsp