L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Set a cap on number of boxes

Discussed earlier, we don't want to limit it.

As for bots - we have really good antibot + hunt bots regularly + have strict punishments for botting. Box limit won't help it in any way. 

1 hour ago, BadGirl said:

I can log as many chars as I want and don't have to use my laptop to avoid box/pc limits

This is exactly why it doesn't make sense to have any limit... Players will avoid it by using multiple computers, virtual machines, ...

Yeah I also do not like this. Many servers limit 2 box per HWID. Yes if they have more box's they can log it.

You need active in game GM's to police this. That teleport from player to player with more then 2 box per IP checking if the box playing or just sitting in-active aka buff bot. But yeah it won't happen here.

Example killing raids is meant to be done with other people but here 1 person can log everything they need a kill it. Personally I think this server would pull more players if there was rules around this but meh.

1 hour ago, Oriphix said:

Example killing raids is meant to be done with other people but here 1 person can log everything they need a kill it. Personally I think this server would pull more players if there was rules around this but meh.

If this disturbs you, so grab your active clan members and go kill him and than kill RB yourself. PvP in one person only with boxes is pretty difficult against amount of active players...

17 hours ago, paqryk said:

Setting the maximum amount of boxes to 3 is a good idea or else this will happen. Maybe I can't prove that those are bots, but it gets me turned off.

Shot00001.jpg

And why this had to be bot?! Just over-buff - BD, SWS, EE, WC, craft? and maybe some friend to exp afk. I take same to catacombs or ToI, sometimes I log buffers and my husband is DD :). And macros are the best - 2 sets of dances for 1 macro with /delay. And macros are part of the game. Maybe it is way meant to be played by NCsoft :D

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Aribeth said:

If this disturbs you, so grab your active clan members and go kill him and than kill RB yourself. PvP in one person only with boxes is pretty difficult against amount of active players...

It would be even more difficult without boxes, so stop pretending boxes are a liability.

• Like 1

Multiply boxing is damaging the server.. its really really hard for people to find parties because everybody have unlimited amount of boxes and any kind of buffers/even DDs.

People come and they are forced to play alone cuz almost every clan is endgame and there are no small level parties. After some point some of them ( cuz many leave even before this, when they lose adventurer's guide buffs for example) they got stuck at level 77-79 and they are either forced to make boxes and continue playing their game alone or they just leave the server.. Its really painful to watch.. And because everybody can take as much boxes he want, SwS/BD/Bishops/Elders never get parties cuz they are like "leechers" who just push 1 button every 2 minutes. Most of the areas for good exp don't even require Bishop/Elder help so its just a weight. 

I am clearly aware that its really hard and time consuming to prevent players from cheating the Limit box system but only no lifers would continue logging on secondary computers/laptops or virtual machines imo. Many people wont bother with that and the server will become a little bit more alive. In general i notice that a lot of people come, advertising is not that big of a problem but there is nothing to hold those people on the server and they just leave.. 

P.S One more of the problems is that the mentality of the people those days is that they play this game still in 2010 and they log 3 hours every night and they think that the moment they log in the "Party" is waiting for them.. No,guys, wake up.. 

I don't want to change it. There's a risk that those who now play with for example 4 boxes would quit when we limit it to 2 boxes. And as you've said, nolifers would still use two computers or so, so they would have bigger advantage than now.

Okay, someone, who plays with 4 boxes doesn't need anyone to his "party". Then just ignore them and find someone who also wants to play only one box.

I don't want to make any big changes after half a year from server start...

• Like 1
  • Jorn locked and unlocked this topic