L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Cursed weapons

Since admins came with idea to make vote about weekend rates i think it would be nice if we execute next one poll about disabling cursed weapons.
Most of u can think its a QQ topic, but in my opinion it can impove serwer. Why? Serwer has to low online and not enough heroeses to fight against it. They should be also disabled since serwer start for 1st/first two months (as i was mentioning in another "drama" topic about cursed weapons), cuz atm they are just unstopable farm machines. Also it would stop any suggestions and questions why only 1 clan is "extremely lucky" when others are not, and limit  ragequiters. If totally disabling is 2 much u should consider heavy appear rate cut. So let the below shitstorm begin.

• Like 3

well if LastRun members actively hunting for cursed weapons everytime when it pops up and other clans dont, problem is not in weapons.

btw cursed weapons on gracia s*ck balls anyway, only good for leveling low chars or on warcrayers who have mana from hiting so they can use skills in huge trains. If u have CH in goddard/rune u can have at least some buff but still... full buff party farm is way more effective.

I still would agree about disabling for first month, when ppl have no equip to compete and no full buff to be more effective w/o it, but thats irrelevant now.

It's not about who or when.

When I had Zariche on stage 10 there was simply no time limit whatsoever. You could just keep it forever.

And even if Zariche was just 100% retail like and working as intended, it was intended for a Server of 5000 people - with 36 Heroes that have been geared for years and are actually able to killt he owner of Zariche.

It was never meant for a server where 1 guy can keep it up for 12h to farm in peace without worrying that anyone would be able to kill him.

Everyone knows that LastRun got almost all the heroes because they sneaked in a TW no one else got, which happened by mistake only, and now they abuse it because they have the only people capable of killing the Zariche owner (Heroes).

(Which is the major reason that people called the GMs out on working together with LastRun)

So if you want to keep a weapon, which was never meant to stay up for as long as it does, to stay around to destroy the balance of the server for good - then by all means, keep it as is.

I just want to remind you, that you won't find every single change that happened to retail server in the yearly major patch notes, because hotfixes like limiting Zariches up time happened during a simple weekly server maintance - just like drops never disappeared after 10 minutes on the retail server. Just didn't happen.

Edited by PiffPaff

As the member of that cheaters clan ^^ (currently top lvl in, but no noble from tw and actually w/o touching zariche/akamanah) i want to say few things

First: this weapons s*x balls on GF if u compare to exp/farm with full buff party and if i ever get it, i will pass it for clanmate who will ask first. But on other hand i cant deny it helps us a lot with leveling wc for CoV early game.

So thats about cursed weapons.. about misstimed TW... well there was same numbers of enemy on that TWs (at least in the last 20 min when i loged in, i wasnt there early cuz time confused me as well), LastRun just get catapults, so they have enough badges. I feel for everyone who missed it (as i missed it too), but i hope we can get over accusation that there was some gm support.

back to topic:

I agree that even if your research shows its retail like, you should decrease these timers, as @PiffPaff said, this weapons were intended to be on big server where it should be more like event than "solo farm forever". Sadly this server have no population to do something about it, when one of the clans with CH goddard/rune with access to high lvl mobs from gk and bsoes gets cursed weapons, there is no way to kill. With daggers, you still can deny their farm when u sacrifice your time, but where is fun in it? So yea, this could be fun, when whole clan protecting cursed weapon against 100+ ppl trying to kill it, but on server like this, its only purpose is to farm solo.

Dont remove them, but decreasing time to match the server size is needed.

So I've checked some things and:

1. Cursed weapons seem to work correctly in the server core
  2. All settings are retail:
  • Chance to drop on death: 50 % - this is OK
  • Base lifetime (which gets lower with PKs): 144 hours - this is really long but it's retail
  • Cursed weapon disappears after 24 hours without any PK - this is OK
  • Cursed weapon disappears after 1 hour after drop - this is OK

I don't like the idea of lowering the base lifetime but if there's really problem with cursed weapons, this is the ONLY setting that should be changed. Again, I don't think we should change it. There are several ways how to kill Zariche or Akamanah, you really don't need to be hero.

EDIT: I'll also add info on how it works when you level the weapon.

Weapon gets level up when it reaches some "kill points":

• 60 kill points for level 2
  • 120 kill points for level 3
  • 540 kill points for level 10 which is maximum

Kill point isn't PK point. You get some 0-4 kill points for every PK and the amount depends on level difference.

With every KILL cursed weapon duration is shortened by one hour if both these conditions apply:

• PK count is lower than 72
  • Cursed weapon duration is more than one hour

• 3 weeks later...

I once had Akamanah on another server, Interlude. I couldn't farm because 3 parties of various clans were hunting the sword - wherever I went after 30 minutes I had a group with a dagger and necros and prophets running at me, eventually they started logging heroes and w/o BSoE I'd loose it instantly. If there's no such force here, well, I pray to get it. It's only drawback would be the fact, that you can't get buffs not get into a party, what would ruin dualbox playstyle.