L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

12 minutes ago, Salee said:

You have logs, you have community reports. Of it is hard to hunt down people whos sell accounts when leave server, but you definitely can hunt down bigger organised groups like MadPro from Skelth.

Yes, we have logs, but not private chat logs. We will NOT spy on people.

How can that help us? How can we know that someone is selling something for real money? What if that person is just giving his own stuff to a friend? How can we distinguish between rtm and giving items to a friend?

also it is 5th day and we make it such a big deal already for nothing....... if anyone after 1 month of playing spots any epic or something sold for real money ,just tell the gms then , they ll check logs and it will be the end of the story.......

4 hours ago, Jorn said:

Yes, we have logs, but not private chat logs. We will NOT spy on people.

Why don't you keep logs of private chats? No RTM person is stupid enough to talk in trade, general chat, global chat.

The logs are not there to spy on people its there to protect the players and act as proof if and when required.

@Salee 100% agree RTM is cancer which kills every game. I think in this server that was common sense and obvious that's why its not in the front page on there "features". I wouldn't have spent as much time on this forum / server if I knew this was allowed from the get go.

@Emca @Jorn I am not asking you to stop this 100%. But having rules where you can enforce it. Hell the community will help you with this if you create a reward system. You really need to look at successfully low rates and see what they are doing right if you want to have a long term server with community. Look at L2Dawn. There the community actively hunts multibox's and item sellers. They are rewarded with a coin which they can trade for hats. This isn't game breaking and provides the GM team a helping hand. Multiboxs here isn't a problem in my honest view but RTM is.

@Pasime Hey Double you can jump on this :) Ori

Edited by Kirito
  • Like 1

Why don't you keep logs of private chats? No RTM person is stupid enough to talk in trade, general chat, global chat.

The logs are not there to spy on people its there to protect the players and act as proof if and when required

Why? Because it's called private chat ;).

@Salee 100% agree RTM is cancer which kills every game. I think in this server that was common sense and obvious that's why its not in the front page on there "features". I wouldn't have spent as much time on this forum / server if I knew this was allowed from the get go.

@Emca @Jorn I am not asking you to stop this 100%. But having rules where you can enforce it. Hell the community will help you with this if you create a reward system. You really need to look at successfully low rates and see what they are doing right if you want to have a long term server with community. Look at L2Dawn. There the community actively hunts multibox's and item sellers. They are rewarded with a coin which they can trade for hats. This isn't game breaking and provides the GM team a helping hand. Multiboxs here isn't a problem in my honest view but RTM is.

Even if we start to hunt those people, we would catch only the really dumb ones.

Getting proofs is the hardest thing. And no, screenshot or some skype/email/other chat is NOT a proof - those can be easily faked. There is basically no way we can proof that there was a financial transaction between two people.

Seems like you think that solution is like saying "hey that person is trading for real money, ban"!

We might change our mind in the future and update the rules, if "gold" sellers will come (those are easy to track and ban, because we see it in game when logged in), but not right now.

This is last post from me regarding rmt.

1 hour ago, Jorn said:

We might change our mind in the future and update the rules, if "gold" sellers will come (those are easy to track and ban, because we see it in game when logged in), but not right now.

Okay just so that it's clear RMT is allowed even if there is a shop in game because as it stands there is no rules regarding this.

In the future if there was a rule to be implemented you will give these gold traders enough time / announcement to stop this before implementing the rule is that right?

Because it would be stupid to all of a sudden to implement a rule and enforce and ban people if the rule never existed in the first place.

@Jorn Please confirm as I plan on doing RMT by selling Adena / items later on since you have openly allowed it / no rules against it. Thanks.

Edited by Banana
you have nothing else to do than to write nonsense here? this is not the server where they will buy Adena. Nobody is sold \ bought, and there is already raging. Will the fact proces, please, open the topic and start screaming. Now its only a waste of time and nerves
  • Like 1

In my opinion RTM should not be allowed. And the rules should state RTM is not allowed. If someone gets got caught, he/she should be punished. Thats my opinion. Maybe community should vote on this, and after voting we should honor the decision we made.

Edit: Who knows maybe in near future we will get pm's from russian douches who sell adena, like in most russian servers. Buy X adena for only X Euro, visit XXX.ru website.

Some people saying who cares theres not enought people playing who gonna sell, and who gonna buy. Well bulshit, if in future there will come more and more people to this server, and there will be no rules on RTM, well who knows whats gonna happen then. 

In my expierence i've seen games economy collapsing because of this.

Edited by Pasime
  • Jorn locked this topic