L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

MONOBOX-DUALBOX-UNLIMITED

some thoughts about the mono/duo/unlimited box .  it is depended by 3 factors , 1st population of the server  , 2nd general project's idea , 3rd : the community's greed

even if we have monobox or duo box if the community helps and the gm's are very active we can 'ban most of the people who dual box or more'.

this is a chronicle where 1 single person if he has infinite boxes can solo xp and reach end game in 1 month, solo do every single raid in game , and need 3 people active to do the epics in end game conditions. seen that done that , there is no argue about it . anyway i ll analyze options:

MONOBOX: best option if u want the project to last longer because duobox will be easily detected and banned. needs 500 + population to be effective ... if the sever has 200 people it will be difficult even to find xp parties . also monobox will destroy the 'cp style of game' only a few people will have the option to be active for 4-5 hours/day all together , and if 1-2 miss they wont be able to xp. support classes will be APPECIATED. game will be more like 2004 style . but u need good population and dedicated community for it. ( many people wont play because the idea is too hardcore ) and if the server is low on numbers it will be a fail.   (people will generally play oldstyle clan based)

DUOBOX/3BOX: this is ideal if the server has low population but there will be many players to abuse it with 2nd pc / generating windows programs ( and it wont be able to spot them ) . the good but also unfair thing will be that only a few will benefit with 2nd pcs or high tech pcs. (people will play semi cp style  in parties of 3-5 persons)

UNLIMITED BOX: worst option in my way ( only necessary if server has something like 100 people) . every single person that knows this game good and has a mediocre will be solo in most of the time with his  titan-bd-sws-wc-pp-kamael-main-etc. server will reach endgame too soon , greedy people will cancer up each other for aoe xp spots and fun will be lost . ( people will be just solo farmers and group only for epics)

i wont say anything about botting etc.... i hope every single player helps to fight against it with photo/video proofs and hope gms are active. 

my personal hope is that server will have numbers and be monobox (something very hard to be done). what made me wanna play here was the 'no donate thing' . i had the option to start at eglobal russian server 10 days ago but i chose to give this server a chance because every single russian unlimited box server is about money for owners + 3-4 russian cps who rush everything and sell items for real life money. seen that many times : 1 month server fun , 2nd month the big clans leave server , 3rd month server dies. i want to start here to avoid these russian style of game. a server to learn from is maybe l2globalnet. started interlude monobox ( donate only for hats /renames/50% xp) lasted 3very fun months with 1000 people active ( extreme for monobox) 4th month got low on numbers 300-500 and now they are going to update him to gf too at octomber too . but the bad thing about it and monobox in general is that it wont atract new players on later stages. because noone cant exp or even duo with a friend when all people are 80 and u are lvl 1. u may have gear but u cant even have a buffer for your xp... and if all are 80 u cant xp.....

sorry about the long post ,mixed ideas, and maybe advertise , i just wanted to give examples , not advertise or something. 

dunno if a vote will help  in this topic because usually in 1000 population servers only max 100 people are forum users....... it wont be exacly democratic. admins should just think about this , think about their expected population and make a choise.

PS: LF greek/international cp/clan :D. i ll be duo with a friend

PS 2: most aoe areas seem fine , mobs interact as intended , can u open unlock the hellbound to full lvl so we check chimairas- tully's etc ? 

Guys, there is a reason why there is not a monobox on 99% servers nowadays. It just does not attract enough players. Server would have to have huge population and we are talking 2k minimum to be able to allow only monobox. I think server should go for 1/2/3 boxes for an optimal gameplay. Final number depends on the admins will. 

Mono Box  for casual players with no stadar time to play is just a no-no.Ppl these days play casual.Some of them work.If u imply monobox that means they have to join cp or an organized clan with time scedule etc.No one who is like that will do this so its like basically saying to them "HI,find another server :) "

1 hour ago, klever said:

server international, I 'll take better my box than take to the party in a person who does not understand me

Well you can always learn? And by the way you are writing in the forums I am sure a English speaking person will understand you :P 

I dont know about you but for me its always more fun to party with other people then just solo.

Just now, Kirito said:

I dont know about you but for me its always more fun to party with other people then just solo.

who said that im solo? )  a couple of people want to play a small staff, but we need  buff for a comfortable game. one way out - boxs. Yes, we took in a group people speaking English, but when fail tiada when almost killed ... tiada is the same, it is necessary to enter 36 people, but if we can kill in 1 party? where to find the other 29 people?

Well if you can kill it with one party and the server population is the bottle neck then perhaps the value for the number of people that enter that dungeon can be modified. Boxes is something that you can't change once the server has launched its like your brand. Dungeons etc you can change if the population is low to make it easier for the people. Once the population picks up the values can be put back to what it was. This is not a issue I believe, the GM's here looks very skilled :)

4 minutes ago, klever said:

and this is not 2004, those who play LA2 now have work, have a family.Now no pupils who play LA2. Sometimes you just want to come in and kick the mobs and not sit  two h. and  find players for party

In this case find a high rate server to play. You can get max level and all the gear you need. So just login kill monster or pvp.

This is low rate server. Low rate servers aren't meant to be easy.

25 minutes ago, Kirito said:

In this case find a high rate server to play. You can get max level and all the gear you need. So just login kill monster or pvp.

This is low rate server. Low rate servers aren't meant to be easy.

pls, dont tell me where should I play. 

I expressed my position on this issue. Who wants 1-2 boxs, please, run 1-2 boxes, who want more, let them starts. The choice must always be

• Emca locked this topic