L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Few questions

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First - nice to see fast feedback.
Now, about auto loot.. i dont get it, it creates more lag .. just laying stuff you don't need  on the ground, personaly Id consider it : ON . Its not a big deal , I remember a time when SS/BSS weren't automatic and it was a drag.. I just dont see the bad side of auto loot.
Ill test some skills later, didnt see Festive sweep in Fortune seeker skills.. not sure which chronicle was implemented but i think it was in the one after Interlude ..so should be active here .. I have to get my facts str8, tho.. :)
Hi,

thanks for feedback.

We don't want autoloot as it's not a standard part of the game and it definitely changes gameplay a lot - we want retail(-like) server with just few small changes like offline trade, expon/expoff and fixing things that NCsoft did wrong. Plus maybe some server events, if there will be demand for it, but nothing funserver-ish. As for server performance, we have plenty of CPU power and memory so items on ground are really not a big deal for us. Also, starting from Gracia Final, items dropped from mobs/bosses disappear after 10 minutes.

Festive sweep is new skill on H5 (see http://legacy.lineage2.com/news/highfive_01.html) so it won't be active here now.

First - nice to see fast feedback.
Now, about auto loot.. i dont get it, it creates more lag .. just laying stuff you don't need  on the ground, personaly Id consider it : ON . Its not a big deal , I remember a time when SS/BSS weren't automatic and it was a drag.. I just dont see the bad side of auto loot.
Ill test some skills later, didnt see Festive sweep in Fortune seeker skills.. not sure which chronicle was implemented but i think it was in the one after Interlude ..so should be active here .. I have to get my facts str8, tho.. :)

Hi,

as for DDoS protection, our server is in one of best datacenters in our country and that company is co-founder of fe.nix project that was created in reaction to 2013 DDoS attacks that caused many problems to many companies here. We also have linux router with some antiDoS features so we hope we will be fine.
We have some server (auto) events in mind but currently we're focusing on fixing last missing stuff so we'll probably start working on events after server start (the same counts for continuous update to Gracia Epilogue).

And regarding the voting rewards - we will look into, however we can't promise that it's gonna be available on server live start - we wan't to fix in-game stuff first.
You are right on the money about festive sweep,after all it was a High Five skill. Very nice to know server is protected GJ. About voting system, understand that there will probably be a lot of ingame stuff to fix even after server goes live, there will be more people to find bugs = more bugs to fix. But " Please vote to keep server alive !" - simply doesnt cut it. Its a misstake I made and I regret. You must make sure players don't miss a vote and thats the only way to do it, right from the start ,a VOTE EXPLOSION  thats what a new server needs. IMO High Five as a chronichle is S**t , and thats all there is H5 and Interlude. You (we , if I may)  have a shot of making something nice and different.. but every top listed server is there because of voting systems that work, im happy you are considering it, but its a misstake to delay it,it should be one of the top priorities, right here with good advertisement.
This is most likely final version, we will create necessary sections for clans little bit later.

However, i'd love to migrate to another (and much better) forum system, and i want to redesign website as well. But we are too busy with fixing the server stuff.
Please don't , forums are supposed to be simple and easy to use . This is perfect , you can play around with the colours if you must but this interface is great.. :) IMHO . Website needs to be clean and classy , no flashy epilepsy causing banners and top notch browser requirements . Larger voting banners have already been discussed. A large WELCOME is good idea.

Ok, got another question, I have to go to work soon, so i had no time to check if anybody asked:
There will be any possibility to avoid 2nd class transfer quests? Personaly I hate them, they are boring long and clueless... Any chance for vote reward/paying in adena or smthing? or even GM event? I really hate 2nd class transfer quests :)