L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Iop Water Dragon

Hello,

Do water dragons (IoP mobs) supposed to have so high stats? As a nuker, fully buffer and a 79 recharger, we both run out of mana while trying to kill one dragon, and dropped his hp to about 1/2. On other servers I played, they were tough, but not that tough (10 hits max)

Also, as far as I know, when they are hit first time they should spawn 4 other mobs(Shade), and once they reach half hp they should spawn 4 more Shades. Here, no Shade appeared. As far as I know they are the only monsters that drop earth stones and blue shards.

Thanks

When you hit dragon 4 (5) Shades spawn and they have second respawn, after you kill them they not spawn anymore (because is easy to sleep dragon and kill only minions).

If you kill shades twice and run away no more shades will spawn. You have to kill dragon (there is second one for feeding) and after that is normal, or wait for restart of server.

You just came and hit dragon somebody else hits before you.

Do you have 150 or 300 (ideally not dark) gun to kill dragon? Its easier with full element / higher lvl

45 minutes ago, Emca said:

Hi, maybe I don't remember it correctly but I think it spawns minions only when you have party big enough. And yes, the dragons are really tough - it's correct.

You can't be more than 2 in party anywhere in IoP as far as I know. And I know they should be tough, but...that tough?

31 minutes ago, Deathwing said:

If you kill shades twice and run away no more shades will spawn. You have to kill dragon (there is second one for feeding) and after that is normal, or wait for restart of server.

You just came and hit dragon somebody else hits before you.

Never thought about that, though it kinda sucks

Edited by crafter1

dragons seems normal in this server. back when we did some while trying the baylor quests we were doing it do with this format:

1-2 damage dealers + wolf ( ideal to have a char with aggresion if u use pets) , sws-bd-wc , and bp .

the tactic was easy.
1 hit the dragon and pull aggro 
2 kill the shades , 10-12 in total
3 kill the dragon

4 fafurion appears , have the healer healing hit , using some items that drop there to restore his hp every now and then

5    4 fafurion minions appear , kill them and keep healing the fafurion , after some time another 4 minions appear
6     repeat step 5   six to eight times , until fafurion dies out of old age :D

inbetween while u w8 fafurion mobs to appear u can kill the side mobs for fire stones.

it is just that the dragons are easier for melees and aggro classes to handle them and nuke them fast. i never done it with nukers, but they hit hard , if u dont kill them asap u are dead.

about the rates i think we were there for 6-7 hours and in the end we had in our wh 6 wind stones  from fafurion minions , 5 fires stones from area mobs , and 0 earth from shades.

and at this stage server has 150 max element .

• Emca locked this topic