L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Forum Account Lockout

Currently the forum account lock out is set to lock out the account after 2 failure attempts for 15 minutes. This triggers after the second attempt is a failure. I love the security side of it that you are preventing login for 15 minutes.

This morning I tried to login to the forum with my work mobile. This is so that I have it logged on all my devices but I didn't remember the password :P so my account was locked for 15 minutes after 2 tries. I didn't even know it would lock as there was nothing mentioned about that. 

Another good thing is after the account is locked it doesn't matter if you entered the correct password now your account will only unlock after the lock out period. 

Suggestion:

• Can this be increased to 5 attempts with 30 minutes lock out? (People that have lots of different passwords two attempts is way to less and waiting 15 minutes for two attempts is a bit to high)
  • Can the message be modified to say how many attempts are remaining before the account is locked?

Forum_Account_Lock_A1.png

Forum_Account_Lock_A2.png

Forum_Account_Lock_Wait.png

Edited by Kirito
16 minutes ago, Jorn said:

Actually, it's 3 attempts / 15 minutes.

What you suggests is possible, but not by default, i will have to do some coding :). I am adding it to my TODO list.

Nope its 2 attempts, try it :P . The above screenshots is from my test again just to make this post. :)