L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Restrict Box Limit

Hi,
I think it would be good idea to restrict the box limit to 2 per pc.
If you have unlimited I am afraid supports won't be needed as people will log support boxs.
Clans wont bother to help level supports as high characters would have high lvl support boxs.

Hi,

there already was discussion about box limit. The thing is that people that have more PCs will be in advantage against those that have only one PC. Also, it is possible to easily bypass box limit by having virtual machines. Nevertheless i will talk with Emca again about boxes because you're not the first one that would like to limit it.
Yeah you cant stop someone who reallz wants to multibox, but most people would stop after first obstacle. That said, I don't think 2 boxes is good number. We don't know server pop and there will probably be need of support boxes, so it should be at least 4-5 windows.

The aim is not to completely stop people from multiboxing. The aim is to make it really annoying for people to multibox so they wont bother.

I know retail allowed people to have multiple clients however in retail there was thousands of players and it was x 0.

If you have 9 box and have to level it max level at x 0  exp good luck :P

That's why players mainly did 1 main and 1 box.

Personally I would love to have no box and force players to make supports and people would be forced to party.

Another big problem in low rate servers is people don't want to party so systems like LF party doesn't work. This isn't a retail server we won't have thousands of players and due to different time zones some exceptions must be made.

That's why I suggest 1 main + 1 box.

In this Chronicle you also have great wolf etc supports / Tanks can make wolf for DD. And the DD's can make support box's. You don't need to have every single buffer you pick one and stick with it. 

Multiboxing is ALWAYS annoying (at least in my opinion). For casual players it will be more common for two or three players to grind together and both of them take 2-3 chars. I think it's really not a problem - these players are always easy target for anyone else (with less boxes and more active players) in PVP/PK.

• Jorn locked this topic