L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Pet resurrection

If your pet dies and and disappears permanently, you can ask for it's return.

We'll return the pet only once per person (e-mail), so if you have encountered this problem, you can choose whether you want your pet back now or if you want to save this possibility for later (hint: if you lose pet level 60 now, it may be wise to get new one, because when you lose it on level 80, it will be much bigger problem).

Also we need to know about it in 48 hours - if you ask us later, we'll probably not grant your request.

So if you decide you want your pet back, write a message to me and @Emca here on forums and include your character name, type of pet (wolf, kooka, ...), pet level and when probably pet died.

• Like 1

Mmmm damn so its not per character like I thought.

I'm am not sure about others but I have multiple game accounts under 1 email address. So one return for all the toons under that is a bit strict.

Well then I guess its better then nothing as normal circumstance if you lose it you don't get it back :D 

Edited by Oriphix

Yeah, it's one per person (email), i added this 'How To' to make it clear. Players should care about their pets and feed them properly :P. Now on a serious note - pet resurrection is quite time consuming and resurrecting X pets each day is something we would not be able to handle. 

Fair enough.

What would be awesome is to section in the Shrine panel which executes a script in the back end to restore the pet item back to the players inventory. That way you don't need to worry about it its a self service portal :D But that would be hard to implement, If its even possible. Now that I think about it might even open security holes which would be bad. 

Yeah lets leave it as is :) Thanks for the guide !

Losing a pet is just to demoralizing and frustrating and getting it back only once doesnt make any sense. You have to make a new character, if you want to level a pet because there is no other way. I lost 3 pets in last month. I can only play without a sound, so i dont really hear, when pet is crying :(. I asked for a ressurection now, but im sure if it will happen to me again, i will quit. ..

I am not saying, we should get resurrect every week but once per month is pretty reasonable. It can happen everyone.

@Oriphix your idea is amazing, it would be amazing to ressurect a pet that way.

Seems like I must make it clear. This month I've already returned 8 pets and now there are at least two requests pending.

The whole process of returning pet isn't just one click or so, I have to:

• check whether it's really first request from that player (on forum)
  • log to the windows server (with lineage server)
  • open SQL studio and find out whether the character mentioned is really owned by the player who made the request
  • open bash shell and grep (filter) the logs for character name
  • then go through the filtered log and find the line, where pet disappears, note item type (pet type) and level
  • create topic on forum (in pet returns section) with text "pending"
  • login into game
  • create new pet according to notes made in previous steps
  • arrange meeting ingame with that player
  • return the pet
  • edit topic on forum (in pet returns section) to text "returned"

There is no way to automatize it because pet item can't be simply created with cached admin packet (it would create item but not the pet so the item won't summon anything), I have to do it manually. On my side it takes around 15 minutes PLUS waiting for the player. As we have strict no-donate policy, it's really just time consuming for us.

We were thinking about changing pets so they wouldn't run away if they don't have food but it would be very custom and not retail - and we want to keep the server as close to retail as possible. Pets can help you greatly but require some care.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bopyer said:

Losing a pet is just to demoralizing and frustrating and getting it back only once doesnt make any sense. You have to make a new character, if you want to level a pet because there is no other way. I lost 3 pets in last month. I can only play without a sound, so i dont really hear, when pet is crying :(. I asked for a ressurection now, but im sure if it will happen to me again, i will quit. ..

I am not saying, we should get resurrect every week but once per month is pretty reasonable. It can happen everyone.

@Oriphix your idea is amazing, it would be amazing to ressurect a pet that way.

It would be once per month, then it would be once per week, once per day. Then we could also start to return things that fail for example when over-enchanting :).

If you can't play with sound, open Pet's inventory where you can see if it needs food or not. And if you want to quit because of that, well, it's up to you, we won't change our rules.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Emca said:

Seems like I must make it clear. This month I've already returned 8 pets and now there are at least two requests pending.

The whole process of returning pet isn't just one click or so, I have to:

• check whether it's really first request from that player (on forum)
  • log to the windows server (with lineage server)
  • open SQL studio and find out whether the character mentioned is really owned by the player who made the request
  • open bash shell and grep (filter) the logs for character name
  • then go through the filtered log and find the line, where pet disappears, note item type (pet type) and level
  • create topic on forum (in pet returns section) with text "pending"
  • login into game
  • create new pet according to notes made in previous steps
  • arrange meeting ingame with that player
  • return the pet
  • edit topic on forum (in pet returns section) to text "returned"

There is no way to automatize it because pet item can't be simply created with cached admin packet (it would create item but not the pet so the item won't summon anything), I have to do it manually. On my side it takes around 15 minutes PLUS waiting for the player. As we have strict no-donate policy, it's really just time consuming for us.

We were thinking about changing pets so they wouldn't run away if they don't have food but it would be very custom and not retail - and we want to keep the server as close to retail as possible. Pets can help you greatly but require some care.

you could make all this alot easier for you....
We could come up with the exact date, like you do it once per week at exactly time.That way you will save up to 50% time. Like Every monday at 20:00 gmt +1(example), if you want your pet back, be there or forget about it. It would be alot easier for you, it would be cool for us. The only problem i see there is, if you have logs for 1 week...I think thats a great idea and you will not need to open all this like 5 times per week.

4 hours ago, Jorn said:

It would be once per month, then it would be once per week, once per day. Then we could also start to return things that fail for example when over-enchanting :).

Cmon Jorn, noone is exaggerating here. We understand you and feel you that you cant do this 24/7, but put your skin in our side. i think the idea i mentioned above is pretty cool.

25 minutes ago, Bopyer said:

you could make all this alot easier for you....
We could come up with the exact date, like you do it once per week at exactly time.That way you will save up to 50% time. Like Every monday at 20:00 gmt +1(example), if you want your pet back, be there or forget about it. It would be alot easier for you, it would be cool for us. The only problem i see there is, if you have logs for 1 week...I think thats a great idea and you will not need to open all this like 5 times per week.

Cmon Jorn, noone is exaggerating here. We understand you and feel you that you cant do this 24/7, but put your skin in our side. i think the idea i mentioned above is pretty cool.

Save 50% time? You don't understand, it's at least 15 minutes of preparation on our side.

Imagine it would be 5 requests / week (which is not unreal with current population), that's 20 per month -> 15*20=300=5hours per month just spending on pet returns.

@Emca is already doing 90% of the work (fixing server and ai, pet returns, checking bugs) right now, and for free, just because she likes the game, but having to spend another X hours on pet returns is just too much.

I just fix something here and there, i can't afford to spend 10 hours/week working on the server, sometimes i can't even afford to spend 1 hour / week.

This whole thing is not about that we would not like to do it, it's about having some priorities on what to spend time. We can return all the pets, but then we will not have time for fixing bugs, improving antibot, fixing AI and so on.

We're trying to be as helpful and supportive as we can, but there has to be some rules and priorities.

2 minutes ago, Jorn said:

Save 50% time? You don't understand, it's at least 15 minutes of preparation on our side.

Imagine it would be 5 requests / week (which is not unreal with current population), that's 20 per month -> 15*20=300=5hours per month just spending on pet returns.

And this is the reason exactly, why i suggested fixed time once per week. Then emca doesnt neeed all that preparation making 5 times per week but only once per week and everyone, who got this problem, will be there. Players will wait emca there, not other way arround...

As i see, this is alredy time consuming for emca, because he is alredy doing this more, than once per week and i think thats a good solution. there will be more and more requests anyway, even if there will be only once per lifetime rule...

Even with fixed time, it still takes 15 minutes per person to get one pet prepared for return. So technically this would not change anything. She would still have to spend x hours / month on returning pets.

And i think enough was said. There won't be any change in pet return mechanism.

well if its the same, then be. Let emca do that 3-5 times per week instead of once :).

What scares me more is, what will happen when population will be doubled... bots on daily basis, fixing bugs, fixing AI and so on... it looks you guys will not have enough resources (time) to handle it.

Double population definitely doesn't mean twice more bugs. As for bots, we have written our own antibot and it works really well (even paid Adrenaline doesn't work - and if it will start work some day, we'll stop it again), so the only bots that might work are something also very custom and double population means twice more guards (players who would let us know). We're also doing bot checks on regular basis so you don't need to be worried about bots :)

In fact, there was much more work to be done in the first three months (when population was around 300) than now (when population is 800+)

@Bopyer Why u make such a big problem for a pet? First of all you have to be really grateful that GM's decided to give players 2nd chance. This is the only server where i have seen such thing. The reason they made it like that is because "maybe some people didnt know ur pet permanently dissapear if u dont feed it". There was a topic with a conversation about it long time ago (dunno if its still available, too lazy to search) BUT just because u cant do a little bit of effort and teach yourself that every single time u summon a pet the FIRST thing you MUST do is to feed it.. 3 pets in a month? cmon thats nobody's fault but yours! And why should GMs babysit all of us and give us pets back once a month just because someone forget to feed his pet or someone is too lazy to turn off his pc during work/sleep and his pet run away.. Me personally, i have lost my chicken the first month of the server when i still didnt had the habbit to feed my pet but since then 6 months later already i always know that having a pet is responsibility that you take not just in real life but in game too! And which serious player would quit the game just cuz his pet ran away? Or this was a threat? Come on get serious.. 

Edited by Gogita
  • Like 2

@Bopyer You really do sound like a kid, who lost his toy... using all the childing psychology techniques like " there is no way i would get this.... i am too poor to do this... " From my experiences GMs on this servers are one of the most active GMs out there already.. they are trying to be as positive and helpful as they possibly can.. As Gogita said... having a pet is your respensibility.. and even the 2nd chance is something.. that we should not even deserve... 

• Like 2

One time is just enough to learn from your mistake for free (and even this is GMs good will), because i can imane some ppl just dont know about that pet actually leave you. If you make this mistake second time... well it will costs you, but i guess that still could happen. But 3 times? seriously? Pls dont use excuses like sounds off, u can always learn to do food check when you summon your pet. Your pet is also slow as hell if he is under 50%, If you accidentaly run out of food. u can always "relog > soe > buy food > be happy with your puppy."

I dont wanna ofend u, but losing pet 3times per month is just stupid and there is no excuse for that.

Edited by porem

guys, it seems that you think, that i want all my pets back, but i dont! i know its my mistake and im not asking all my pets back.

All i want to reach is that if someone lose pet in october and he lose it now in march, why would be a problem to give him pet back now?

i know its stupid what happen to me, but lucky i have a work, where i got some free time during the day and that time i play, but if some emergency come up, i leave inmidiatly.

Anyway, looks like people generaly agree with 1 ress. if its good for rest of you, then it will be good enugh for me also.

peace

For me personally this is what I do every single time I login for the night:

• Go to Pet NPC
  • Buy 100-300 Food
  • Buy beast 3000-5000 shots
  • Summon pet
  • Move food to pet inventory

Doing this everyday makes it a habit and you won't lose your pet :) 

TIP: The amount of food you buy should be a bit more then your playtime. I know for me 2-3 hours of game play I need 200 great wolf food. Generally I have left over food so next login I just top up the food and carry on. Hope this helps!

Come on, people, is it really too complicated to buy enough food and after summoning give it into pet's inventory? And when you go afk unsummon pet? It is all about your carelessness. This game is not about saving progress and then loading it when sth get wrong. Because of this we play this game, otherwise we can go back to play Witcher on PS4. 

20 hours ago, Bopyer said:

lucky i have a work, where i got some free time during the day and that time i play, but if some emergency come up, i leave inmidiatly.

In this occasion u can do the following: 
- buy 500+ food

- drag the green icon "Unsummon pet" to your bars where in case of emergency takes half second to click

- IF you are in combat and u cannot unsummon just hold ctrl and kill your pet, it wont eat food during being dead but make sure u come back before the next 24 hours to ressurect it (otherwise you will lose it again)

Unless ur a player like me who plays with 5+ exes and if one of them does not respond and you try to ctrl+alt+del it you always close the damn wrong one :D in such occasions i better hit the shut down button of my pc .. anyway sry for the spam, guess there is nothing more we could add to the topic :)