L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

New player joining and question about quests and DE calsses

Hi

I've been lurking into this forum for a couple of weeks and finally I decided to get in. What I saw are many posts, people incoming, rather good attitude of users, some questioning regarding activity but what can we expect from another asian game that hurts the player for playing it? 

I'm a L2 addict and can't stop. I lately was on Interlude and High5 clients which both enforce rushing and grinding which destroys the community from within. Hopefully this is not what's going on here :) The server runs Gracia client which I haven't played yet but sounds nice: a reminisce of C1-C4 but with addition of High5 utility features. It may work!

I saw posts on other forums, that Spellhowlers can dual-spellshot any character thanks to their vortexes. I also would like to try DE Archer.

Can you tell me what's better choice to start with as a casual player, irregular schedule, masochist, likes people but hops clans/parties/servers?:

DE Archer + Prophet dualbox (cos Prophet can rez), or DE Mage + EE/PP/SE?

And also, are random quests worthy of doing here? Cos I saw the improved rates of quest reward and drop but I don't know what are the rewards - are they displayed before you take the quest, just as they are on High5? Or it's like Interlude, where you have to find info in the internet?

[edit]

There are shops in Giran and that is great. but There is like max. 1 signal per 0.4 sec input, as higher frequency causes the server to ignore signals from my end, catchin only one per half a sec. Idk ow am I gonna kite with an archer and dualbox a prophet at once. Or how cardis maintain partys alive :o Also, it seems that this server also has spoiled bratty kids which try very hard at this game and ruin the rest of community. Not good :/ I opened party matcing and nobody's using it. Damnit.At least there are some people in Giran, there are many shops in Giran, there are low shots shops in Dion and there is some clan announcing recruitment to academy. 

Edited by kubojah
added question about quests, which I forgot earlier

Welcome to Shrine

Choosing a character is a tough decision but choose whatever youre gonna be comfortable playing. You'll find a rather interesting amount of Paladins and KFCs as they are great overall characters (Some might say "broke"). Either way if its between those 2 chars I would go for Archer as its easier to gear up with common items than a Mage that needs acu on set and weapon especially a DE mage, but like i said there are a lot of factors to bare in mind.

The server seems to be growing healthily as new players and clans are seen on a weekly basis however I will warn you that at B grade / A grade you might get stuck trying to find gear as the adena drop rate is low and not allowing you to meet the fairly normal prices people are asking for their items. This is something that has been discussed in another topic but the GMs arent really keen on changing it unfortunately.

About quests youll find the good old dwarven kinship and dangerous seduction (DE specific) are working well at low level but either way class transfer quests do reward a significant amount of adena for you to gear well once first and second class is done.

Overall its a decent server to play in, would be better with an increased adena drop rate; so get yourself into an academy that rewards $$ and enjoy the addictive experience of L2.

13 hours ago, kubojah said:

There is like max. 1 signal per 0.4 sec input, as higher frequency causes the server to ignore signals from my end, catchin only one per half a sec.

Hi, when you log in with your username and password, there's server selection screen. Which one are you using? If [main], then please try also [alt] if it helps. It's the same world but different endpoint that might work better for some networks (at first we made it for some guys from Poland who were connected over telia network)