L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

exp .on .off

I would like to suggest to disable this feature.
This is meant to be a low rate server with this spoilers will rule the server. They can continuously farm with spoilers for each level where there is good mats.
The game already allows you a method of not receiving xp with the sin eater quest.
Spoilers will rule the server ? Wait ..what ? Xp on \off is a must have ..sin eaters and coins...who does that ? Let me brake this down for you - low lvl spoiler + high lvl buffer = no xp to anyone (xp off). Avoid that .. I can keep my spoiler at low level if I want to ,but why like this ? Just keep the commands :)
18 hours ago, Squallsp said:

Spoilers will rule the server ? Wait ..what ? Xp on \off is a must have ..sin eaters and coins...who does that ? Let me brake this down for you - low lvl spoiler + high lvl buffer = no xp to anyone (xp off). Avoid that .. I can keep my spoiler at low level if I want to ,but why like this ? Just keep the commands :)

If you have a high lvl buffer your low level shouldn't get the buff if it is more then 20 level difference. This is normal.

There is no need to enable this feature. Yes spoilers rule the server they can spoil all the best mats because its faster the manor and they can spoil enchant weapons and armors.

If you want to go and get mats at a low level area then go die by hitting the guards and de-level and or do sin eater.

I fail to see the point you are making,no buff with 20 lvl diff ..you mean NO XP. Party xp ,a.k.a power level ,works only in 20 lvl diff .Any level can buff any level char.My point is that if I want to I can farm at low levels , without leveling up ,xp off command just allows me too keep my buffer in town,not on follow command. Do you understand now ? It doesnt realy matter if the command is active or not, you simply can not stop someone from canceling his\her char xp gain , ergo ,its pointless to deactivate it.Β 

Sorry that was a typo yes I mean that it shouldn't get XP.

I just see it as a thing that can be abused to affect game play.

Example Eyes outside Dion have a nice spoil rate for Animal Bones. I create a lvl 25 Spoiler and off the exp.

Now when ever I need Animal bones I log in with the xp off and I can farm for hours there with out having any penalty. Normally you get XP here and then if you want to stay in this spot because its really good you will need to die and de level. This is how low rates is meant to be.

3 minutes ago, Jorn said:

I think that exp on/off is great command, it will save Β a lot of nerves and won't frustrate playersΒ when deleveling spoilers.

But de-leveling is part of the game :)Β 

Low rate servers aren't mean to be easy. If its easy people will reach max level in a month with top S grade and nothing to do.

9 minutes ago, Squallsp said:

Dont you get it ? Either way people dont have to delevel :Β 

Option 1 - xpon\xpoff command .

Option 2 - party a higher lvl char .

level up - canceled . No delevel needed. Deleveling is irrelevant in this matter.

HmmmΒ 

Option 2 Scenario:

Level 25 Spoiler &Β Level 70 SE Β (in party)

Spoiler Goes and Spoils eyes and he will kill it and then use sweeper. HeΒ will get XP for killing the monster it doesn't matter what level you are if you kill a monster you get XP. The level 70 will not get any xp in party as its high level which is 20+.Β I think you are confused about who gets XP. So its not the same.

Edited by Kirito
9 minutes ago, Squallsp said:

I sugest you try it :)Β Btw I think its 9 lvls Β difference ,not 20 .

I think you are correct. Its 9. 20 Levels is for pets from memory? That should work the same as well I believe. If the pet is out of level range it will not get xp.

Have been playing Interlude servers, its been a while since I played GF. Really looking forward to it. :)Β 

We won't remove .exp command, its just something that players are expecting to have. And as some already mentioned, you can invite high level char into the party and you won't get exp because of level difference. Think of .exp off command like you'd have high level character in your party :)

Yeah I have just tested it and it works the high level player gets xp but the low level doesn't

Is this how its meant to work?

I created 2 test characters.

With the level 1 I attacked the monster and got no XP. But my high level character go XP? I am sure its meant to be the other way around the higher levels shouldn't get XP but the lower levels will.

22_09_2016_12_56_09_AM.png
22_09_2016_12_56_23_AM.png

Edited by Kirito

It doesnt matter who does the killing ,the lowest party member doesnt get the exp due to penalty. Makes sense if you think about it .. If a mob is low level ,enough to kill it with the lowest lvl and weakest pt member, it wouldn't benfit the high level party members because of the low exp reward.On the other hand - the high lvl pt member would easily kill this mob - power leveling the low level,negating the level difference penalty.