L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

I know, that there is no rule against scamming on server, however i would like to ask you to implement one. It really ruins the experience from the server, when Giran is full of people, who are trying to scam people and there is no way how to deal with them. 

There is a very good way how to deal with it - be careful, read what you buy/sell, for what price and how much you're buying/selling. Then nobody can scam you!

Sorry, we don't want to do anything with this because it would be really lot of work - in fact if you're careful, they can do absolutely no harm to you.

Also consider these 3 situations and tell me where exactly is the difference:

1. Player A sets up shop where he sells soul ore and writes "a crystals" into description. Player B doesn't notice and loses adena.
  2. Players A and B want to trade "a crystals" and they use /trade. Player A puts soul ore there and player B doesn't notice and loses adena.
  3. Players A and B want to trade "a crystals" and they drop it on the ground. Player B drops adena, player A picks it and drops nothing. Player B loses adena.

From my point of view in all 3 situations it was some consent between players that in the end wasn't fulfilled. Method is different, the result is almost the same (OK, in third option player B doesn't gain soul ore but that's not big difference at all). Also, in all three situations, if player B paid more attention/didn't do the stupid thing, he wouldn't lose anything at all.

the only thing you could do is for example when people provide screenshots  and u make  a general rule of 'jail 5 days' or something..

but still it is the ethical part that people said... it isnt abusing a bug , but abusing other peoples newbiness/lack of attention.... for example even i put in my shops cry a for 44.5k and in the description i might say 'cry A 40k' just for the marketing side of things .... u  cannot harm someone who just is luring victims without abusing some laws... except if u change the laws....

• Emca locked this topic