L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Shoutbox / Auto Refresh

Is it possible to move the shout box / Chat box to the main page and have it at the top of the forum?

At the moment its sort of hidden away and you can't see it.

It makes the forum more interactive and new players can ask questions there etc 

Once the shout box is in the main page then have the forum auto refresh every 10 minutes.

I don't know about others but I have the forums open all the time :)

Its just a nice little feature.

8 minutes ago, Jorn said:

What i can do is to add a widget that will display users that are in the forum, however i can't display whole chat on the page right now .. it would probably require some development ..

But you can already see that without the widget at the bottom it shows you who is online. The chat would be nice to have that on the main screen :( 

Well just a suggestion :)

Edited by Kirito

Main screen on forum or website?I was thinking - website. Not everyone is interested in joining forums ,most people go for " GM PM ME PLSSS" in the game :)  If you have "hottest topics " or " recent forum activity " on the main page of the website ,as a widget ..that could grab some additional attention.

4 minutes ago, Squallsp said:

Main screen on forum or website?I was thinking - website. Not everyone is interested in joining forums ,most people go for " GM PM ME PLSSS" in the game :)  If you have "hottest topics " or " recent forum activity " on the main page of the website ,as a widget ..that could grab some additional attention.

That will make the website more messy and cluttered. Keep it clean and simple. Everyone knows that they check the forums before joining the server.

Example if someone came to the forums now they will see that the English section is really active as there is topics to discuss before the launch. The shout box just adds another layer of activeness to the forums / server. Sometimes people don't want to make threads. They just post in the shout box and wait for people to reply. This is a common practice and works well.

3 minutes ago, Jorn said:

unfortunately chat is only for 5 people - we don't have license for more users :(

Mmm In that case remove it from the forum :(

You don't want to have a system which half works, this will annoy players. You are just starting out now so off course we don't expect you to put lots of money into this project just yet. So perhaps just make a note of this maybe in 6-7 months when donations are rolling in it might be a good idea to implement. :)

15 minutes ago, Jorn said:

this server is without donate :)

Ohhhhh :/

When I hear this on servers I get very scared. Because that means you are using your own money to fund the servers etc. If there is no donation what sort of guarantee do the players have that you won't just close the server one day because you have no money? You have to remember this isn't a high rate. Its a low rate where most of us will play for hours. So the server having donations which doesn't affect game play gives security to players.

You can create donations that don't break the server at all. I will give you some examples.

Donations for Hats

Donations for Agathons

Donations for in Name Colour

Donations for Forum Titles 

22_09_2016_12_03_43_AM.png

Edited by Kirito