L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Event for Newcomers / New clans

IMHO u should a newbie event and keep it permament for new players to help them lvl up till 65'ish like free d/c shots etc. Mby 1-3 vit items to keep their vit till 61 without making rb's etc.

It was really good idea _ on a similar realm :D when the sunset.... cause it basically makes no difference for current players, and it gives some incentive to join. 

win/win.

// also (but not that important)

free 10k crp for a new clan (once only) - with 15+ people(diff IP)

Edited by pepsiQQ

Umm we are trying to have a retail like server? The changes you have mentioned will make the game easy and new players will leave. In my opinion we should stick to what we advertise. Also D/C shots people still make some money of that as well providing that for free is silly.

10-03-2017 8-43-24 AM.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Oriphix said:

The changes you have mentioned will make the game easy and new players will leave.

WTF?

What exacly is this "difficult" part in starting lvls? U may mb not notice that serwer has already half year old, and the difference between old and new players is rly huge.
Also why helping new is not retail? Isnt NCSoft decrease exp needed to each lvl in next chronicles to help new catch up old players? Game at start is already easy with all those newbie chain quests, commons, vit etc. Difficulty is starting when u reach higher lvl, u're still in b/a commons, and dont have money for anything. U decide to make spoil but exping him takes ages, just to get demotivated later of x2 spoil.
Unable to trade vit rechargers may help a lot to exp buff boxes or smth. It wont affect much to old players, and even if does they wont be mad at that(mb u will be the only1, cuz new ppl will do as much in few days as u in half year).

4 hours ago, Oriphix said:

Umm we are trying to have a retail like server? The changes you have mentioned will make the game easy and new players will leave. In my opinion we should stick to what we advertise. Also D/C shots people still make some money of that as well providing that for free is silly.

10-03-2017 8-43-24 AM.jpg

Your argument is flat. There is nothing difficult anyway during levelling process from 1 to 65. 
The only difference is it could take 20 hours or 10-12 hours.

@Eldax

As you have mentioned and rightly so. Server is 6 months old, I see some people entering the server, checking "towns" and they can see some S grade even dynasty now. Yes, it is not something a majority of our player base have, still you get the idea.

There should be a "quick start" or "jump" event for newcomers in order to attract them. It benefits economy, clans and everyone really.. We are not talking about some yuuge benefits, but 2-3 non-tradeable shadow vitality refreshment items --- Some shots / S*D shots etc.

Make them jump to 65ish, "another similar realm" made an event like this and it was worth it.

2 hours ago, Eldax said:

/Start.Sarcasm.Script

Well if your argument is server is 6 months old and new players deserve to get special treatment sure. But hey why stop there? Since we are at it lets start them at lvl 40 and top C grade armor weapon with 3kk in the inventory so class change is 2 minutes.

/End.Sarcasm.Script

Maybe you didn't notice that this is a low rate not a mid/high rate with custom. Clans should be helping new players and not the GM's providing items for new players to catch up. I play here because its retail and its slow. If i wanted to get special items on start I would pick other servers with these features and you know very well there is a lot of them out there.

1 hour ago, pepsiQQ said:

The server advertises itself that it has been on since last year. Anyone that will play here already knows that they will need to work to catch up to players that have been here since the beginning. You will only invite botters, scammers and beggars this way into the server because you providing them items. Sometimes even if you are thinking for the best of the server it can also bring harm.

In my opinion the best thing about this server is that everyone gets the same start and even the events are fair. 

But it doesn't really matter what I think. Its up to @Emca and @Jorn maybe they like you idea and implement it who knows. :) 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Oriphix said:

/Start.Sarcasm.Script

Well if your argument is server is 6 months old and new players deserve to get special treatment sure. But hey why stop there? Since we are at it lets start them at lvl 40 and top C grade armor weapon with 3kk in the inventory so class change is 2 minutes.

/End.Sarcasm.Script

Maybe you didn't notice that this is a low rate not a mid/high rate with custom. Clans should be helping new players and not the GM's providing items for new players to catch up. I play here because its retail and its slow. If i wanted to get special items on start I would pick other servers with these features and you know very well there is a lot of them out there.

The server advertises itself that it has been on since last year. Anyone that will play here already knows that they will need to work to catch up to players that have been here since the beginning. You will only invite botters, scammers and beggars this way into the server because you providing them items. Sometimes even if you are thinking for the best of the server it can also bring harm.

In my opinion the best thing about this server is that everyone gets the same start and even the events are fair. 

But it doesn't really matter what I think. Its up to @Emca and @Jorn maybe they like you idea and implement it who knows. :) 

We could debate it one way or other ;), doesn't change the fact people prefer to join "fresh" server over "old ones", so a little bit of handicap would do  just fine.

Not to mention that on this server, newcomers need to make alt/s for buffs at the very least, so go figure.

Edited by pepsiQQ
  • Like 1

New players already have easier start. When server was new it was nearly impossible to buy something. Now they have clans to join for 3m adena for 2nd class transfer. Market is fully functional. Some commons they can obtain for free from clan mates. Dozens of traders with cheap low shots. And difference between old and new players? No, that is difference between nolifers and casual players. Our clan is here from the beginning and we craft A grade equipment right now. Healthy populaton on the server must be multilayered. Why push new players up to skip all that fun ??

Edited by Mirgalen
  • Like 2

Also the difficulty gap between low and high levels would be much bigger so maybe we would lose bit fewer players below level 40, but we would lose more players when they hit level 64... I don't think we would get more starting players by this. It would just shift the moment when some give up from level around 40 to level 64...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yo,actually i am new here,and i  saw this,was a bit dissapointed.

@Mirgalen

Giving me 3kk for academy points is push? what? whaaaat? i give you points you pay me,i do a job that you are bored to do.How will you get points to take/upgrade skills that will help YOU?(and if the answer of yours is : "But i dont  give you 3kk for academy",the answer of mine is : " Then i don't join"

@Emca

First of all,the "push" at start is to keep players that started at your servers.Maybe some of them will bring their friends to play with.of course,"push" wont be the main reason to stay on your server,but as harder will be on start,more people will quit.Also the "push" didnt hurt anyone,but the hard way hurted a lot of people.

i see on maxcheaters one guy said that people,joining and checking the towns to see the population.All clans/groups/people doing that.the priority of joining of a server is the population.And i dont really understand why old players butthurt for it.You are already more equiped than the new people that will join,you got this advantage,and as you know,more people more fun more pvp.

@Butthurts

Yeah we re-read that damn picture,again and again and again.When you box a char to pvp with it,keep repeating the word difficult to feel better,damn.

Edited by iSee
31 minutes ago, iSee said:

@Mirgalen

Giving me 3kk for academy points is push? what? whaaaat? i give you points you pay me,i do a job that you are bored to do.How will you get points to take/upgrade skills that will help YOU?(and if the answer of yours is : "But i dont  give you 3kk for academy",the answer of mine is :  Then i don't join"

@Emca

Did I write something like that?! I just wrote when I had started to play here, there were no clans paying for academy. They don't have money for that. New players now have this kind of advantage. There is nothing about meaning 3m for academy is something bad. Learn to read properly, pls.

5 hours ago, iSee said:

How will you get points to take/upgrade skills that will help YOU?

There is other ways to get CRP. For example you can kill raid bosses to get CRP. If we are really bored to we could even make a full party of Kameals the second class quest for them is a joke compared to the other classes :) The 3kk is designed to help you do the second class quest sooner via the blacksmith for you to leave academy. There is no written rule that leaders needs to pay you that much. Newer clans most probably won't be able to afford that amount older clans who farm HB probably can.

Nevertheless hope to see you in game :D 

14 hours ago, iSee said:

Well said,but when you started you have not this advantage,you had other,like more people on server,that actually mean,faster way to lvl up and also doing rbs/parties and a clan to play with.

Actually not much more... And even common equip was quite rare to buy. It's hard to explain to someone who has not experienced it...

• Like 1

@Oriphix of course is not a rule written,for 3kk or any other reward,but just paying what you get,thats it,its not a push,i started for fun yerstday farmed 2kk with Quests(2 chars) until 30 lvl xD izi pizy,but not manor,Damn you lord of Dion ! 

@Mirgalenoh well,imagine a server on start with full people,no need to waste 1 hour killing mobs until you reach the actually needed mob that you need for each Quest(mostly class Quest),common equip how rare was on start? all server was farming and was selling those useless(for some) equip very cheap because on that time were not even made a market price on its item.i havent experienced this server's start,but i had from a lot other servers,with more people,i am not dumb or just speaking without know.

But we did not start with full ppl omg... No player boom on start at all... This wasn't actually common server with huge population from start. There was no significant advertising, just few mentions on game forums and FB. Some people came when other servers had quit. You cannot compare this server with all you knew. As I cannot say I have met many idiots in my life so next person must be idiot too ?, you cannot compare servers and not trust people who experienced it.

I am new at server and I choose it exactly coz it is like it is right now. 

Imo, asking to new players have more facilities on start to catch higher players is kinda like ask new born babies start life as adults... Is not that hard lvl up and make some decent adena to catch up if ppl arent lazy and know play.

• Like 1
On 30/3/2017 at 1:58 PM, Emca said:

Well, the server started with population of around 160 real people (200 boxes), now we're at 500 players and 800-1200 boxes

You are slow growing until an another server starts and get your population..

42 minutes ago, iSee said:

Couple of big servers opened and there wasn't any decrease in the population.

If you came here just tell us that you think we are going to fail / close the server, then you are not welcome here.

5 hours ago, iSee said:

Not really mate. This server seems more stable than many others I have seen. Active and friendly community, active GMs, no donation, increasing population, server is number 8 in Hopzone! I will not be changing servers unless this one shuts down or something. 

My 2 cents.

• Jorn locked and unlocked this topic