L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

As result of chatbox, i am starting this.

problem: There are some wild massive lagspikes appearing. Game is running fine, with low ping and everything, but time to time there is like 5+s lag, sometimes with dc. Its not new, but these were more like rare thing and its getting worse lately

Happened to me on main and alt proxy. Next time i will try post when and where atleast

edit: I know its not exactly bug, but no idea where to post this better :]

Edited by porem

Can u give me more info about what exactly i can do/post/say/share in order to "prove" my lagspikes and help GM's with solving the problem, in general im not much familiar with connections so a bit of a help would be appreciated 

If it was freeze and not lag, it's purely client computer problem - just be patient (it freezes when it swaps or loads something from disk) OR buy more RAM (8 GB is good, 16 GB is better) and solid state drive... With 16 GB RAM and decent SSD I get almost no freezes and when I get one, it's shorter than half a second...

23 minutes ago, Emca said:

If it was freeze and not lag, it's purely client computer problem - just be patient (it freezes when it swaps or loads something from disk) OR buy more RAM (8 GB is good, 16 GB is better) and solid state drive... With 16 GB RAM and decent SSD I get almost no freezes and when I get one, it's shorter than half a second...

Mam ssd, 16gb ram a stejne se hra zasekava i me. Nejenom lagy )ktery proste prisuzuju spatnemu sitovemu kodu teto starsi hry) ale primo zamrznuti na tech X sekund jak se to delo vsem vcera.

59 minutes ago, Emca said:

My whole clan + people on discord + some other friends experienced freezes of 10 seconds yesterday at the exact same time. That can't be attributed to client side. Even people in hero voice were talking about it. Is there anything we can do to help you find the issue?

1 minute ago, Myrthe said:

My whole clan + people on discord + some other friends experienced freezes of 10 seconds yesterday at the exact same time. That can't be attributed to client side. Even people in hero voice were talking about it. Is there anything we can do to help you find the issue?

exact same problem here, 10 - 15 seconds lag spike at same time experienced by every person in discord/ts

this hapens few times per hour for last 3 days mostly at evenings and sometimes random during the day

Let's start with synchronizing our terminology.

Lag = you can rotate camera, you can click somewhere etc, but char reacts with some delay

Freeze = you can't rotate camera, you can't do anything, the client window itself is stuck

If it's lag and if you want to help me find what's causing it, run the ping command I've mentioned earlier and send me screenshot when it happens and don't forget to write what time was it.

If it's freeze, then it's client problem - server sends some (normal) event and all your clients start loading something... I fear there's nothing to do with it :(

people probably do not use the correct terms but from the whole sentence we can come to the conclusion that 20 people cant get client freeze at same time... its pure lag and not 1-2 seconds, its from the lag u click with ur mouse hysterically and wondering what the f*ck is going on.. ill try this ping command and ill keep u updated

Lag = you can rotate camera, you can click somewhere etc, but char reacts with some delay

Freeze = you can rotate camera, but you can't do anything. But you can still see others players run/teleport around you.

Screen lag/freeze -  you can't rotate camera, you can't do anything, the client window itself is stuck

12 hours ago, Aleaiactaest said:

Freeze = you can rotate camera, but you can't do anything. But you can still see others players run/teleport around you.

Next time this happens can you try to use Scroll of Escape? I remember a server I played on had this issue but I was able to just SOE and it worked fine afterwards. Not saying that is the fix but it might help in troubleshoot what the issue is.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes it was just for a moment, happens time to time, last days is very rare but lets see how it is going to be this weekend, high population around tw and sieges might affect things

Edited by Gogita

Then it was some network failure somewhere on the way... Our current network traffic is around 2 MB/s in both directions (theoretical maximum is around 12 MB/s), server CPU is around 30 % and there's plenty of free memory so server can handle some 2500+ players without any problem. Problem is somewhere on the network...

I also experienced some Freezing yesterday. I had constant ping running there was no drop in packets. When I clicked somewhere or used a skill nothing was happening on the screen but after a few seconds it caught up. You have logging on the server I presume? Next time it happens I can provide exact times if that helps isolate the issue?

• Emca locked this topic