L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Hi,

I've been playing a while now here mostly due to the low rate / free box combination. To mention that as most active players probably, i have played allot of l2. Despite the fact that the free UNlimited box might hurt overall, i still choose to play and I am wondering - is there anything we players (active) + gm - are doing to make the server more know? Because yes there are a ton of offline shops and a few players here in there shopping in Giran which is quite nice! But behind it all we should realize that keeping it a low population server wouldn't be healthy. 

Please admins and who ever feels the same if you want to have a good ol' l2 time here for the upcoming year(s) - let's try to improve and bring players !

I'm open to suggestions and in my free time i would like to make a stand in this.

Cheers,

I would suggest GMs to accept donations and use it to advertise the server.

Donations can recieve 20%xp and adena boost for example. Some l2 scrolls to buff xp or some hard adena to spice the economy.

For the real threat to the server i see is the lack of adena for lower geared people (like me). Since the endgame is about hundreds of millions and billions that cash is stuck on players who are saving it for some big purchase. Then it gets stuck on the next person who saves it for HIS even bigger purchase and so on. Meaning adena taken from the system.

Bottom line do like EU central bank and dish some serious money into the system or it will collapse :)

14 minutes ago, hindrek said:

Bottom line do like EU central bank and dish some serious money into the system or it will collapse :)

EU central bank shouldn't do this, it lowers the value of money already present in the system thus effectively robbing everyone.

Well newbies or the "poor" need some sorta social support system or they will never make it against already established wealthy.

Like give something to the very first character created on the server. That way people will always like to join the server since they actually have a chance.

If your only option is to start grinding then its just sad since you are alone in Elven ruins, EG outside cruma and so on. Everyone else is faaar ahead of ya. So you like the server rates no gmshop and so on BUT you really dont want to play alone since its an mmo after all. What will you do? Grind and hope that when you hit 52 the server hasnt said GG by the time OR play something else.

2 hours ago, hindrek said:

Well newbies or the "poor" need some sorta social support system or they will never make it against already established wealthy.

Like give something to the very first character created on the server. That way people will always like to join the server since they actually have a chance.

If your only option is to start grinding then its just sad since you are alone in Elven ruins, EG outside cruma and so on. Everyone else is faaar ahead of ya. So you like the server rates no gmshop and so on BUT you really dont want to play alone since its an mmo after all. What will you do? Grind and hope that when you hit 52 the server hasnt said GG by the time OR play something else.

Solo grinded so far to level 56. This post is exactly how i feel. The server itself is a brilliant idea, the rates are great, but the community just isn't there. ESPECIALLY when you're international. Greek, Czech, Polish, Russian, sure, you'll find at least some people. If you're stuck speaking English (and in my case Lithuanian that practically no one speaks), you're pretty much doomed.

I dont want to be rude or something, but this game isnt meant to be played solo - its mmorpg, its about people playing together in clans, parties .. you cant expect to achieve much when soloing. Plus we said many times there wont be any form of donation and nothing will change our mind.

Cheers.

What at least i was trying to say is that, i don't want to play solo. Any MMO ain't a solo game, but especially L2. The problem is, there's no way to actually form any kind of group.

As an edit, i completely support there being no donations.

Edited by Crunkcore

No! I'm definitely against any social or welfare system. Gracia with newbie helper buffs, shadow items, common items, free gatekeeper, b grades in luxury, and vitality multiplier is sooooo easy. Not to mention herbs which allow to farm almost non-stop. Leave it as it is - retail. Social system could be done in clans for example - to convince players to join them. But it's up to them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Doc said:

No! I'm definitely against any social or welfare system. Gracia with newbie helper buffs, shadow items, common items, free gatekeeper, b grades in luxury, and vitality multiplier is sooooo easy. Not to mention herbs which allow to farm almost non-stop. Leave it as it is - retail. Social system could be done in clans for example - to convince players to join them. But it's up to them.

Welfare system, no. Social system, i'm not even sure if there are enough players on the server to form at least 1 decent clan. The alliances that are around now won't just magically split, and we won't get a magical 100+ player income any time soon. 

Guys, 

Like Doc says Gracia Epilogue is indeed easy. 

I would like to point out a few things to players out here on the L2 Shrine:

1rst of all when I started the topic, I had in mind the same thing that the game should be more fun in larger groups, thus we should and must try to bring players to the server and this is not an easy thing to do.

That is because there are serveral already running low XP servers out there still played and some of them even very new including classic l2 and the Lineage 2 NCSOFT's newly launched Lineage 2 classic however these are both subscription based - means you have to pay for each account each month. 

Let me tell you that this servers have changed the chronicles a bit and made it even harder than what we are playing here. That is because there are TONS of documentation and databases over Lineage 2 c3 trough Freya. And anyone who has played Lineage 2 before at least up to lvl 76 or 3rd class would know what to expect from the game and just go google this things. It's a 13 year old game. 

This brings me to my second point. This server has basically all you need to raise yourself characters  up to at least level 76 and with a bit of time even to 3rd subclass. I'm not joking. There are quests at lvl 12-20 which you can do over and over again. There are mats to be spoiled at lvl 25 that you only can spoil at the same rate only after 60. There are drop rates increased of items which you can convert to crystals. There is a market, even tough one feels like a person owns half of the shops on a Giran Town alley... There are raid bosses. And probably some of you will be surprised to learn that I for one, think that sadly there are a number of unlimited boxes you can open. Yes I said sadly because in my opinion its a bad thing. Let me detail: the other servers mostly the classical ones have changed their quests in order not to be so easy to tackle. Because even tough few players are playing there - it would be even harder to evolve with no databases over the game. And it is! On top they are charging for each account you log every month with no or limit to boxes. Because you will soon realize opening boxes for yourself in an unlimited number allows you to basically play the game yourself and indeed become end game stuff pretty sooner than the rest, depending on your abilities and game awareness. It is also a bad thing because  believe it or not even those "no-life" grinding tough time players don't like to play the server alone - do they? Who would they "rule" over ? Who would they compete? Isn't this the reason we all play? For the drama? But no actors no drama. And the unlimited box thus affects the life of the server too. Because once it will become more populated everyone will just rush towards endgame and there will be no variety in sieges, clan wars, party vs party or pvp, pk whatever you like. Because all will have the means to get themselves up very quickly to 80+.

This being said, stop complaining that you don't have the means of leveling and raising a char. There are so many sites out there who can offer you tools for crystalization, aa exchange upgrade, quests etc... .you just have to realize if you like low-rates or you just want to go lvl 99 and pvp...

And back to the point - yes no one likes to play alone and be on empty alleys in the cities. In case you didn't know you get X5 xp on all your accounts/chars for 12 hours if you vote before you log. It's a pretty big bonus too.

So vote, post on forum, take your friends who like a hardcore'ish or just want to play some l2 and show them this site. Interact with server admins, with players.

Honestly I think advertising the server as much as you can is the only best way to draw in quantity. Idk about quality ... :) 

Saludos,

Any type of donations (to enhance game play) or p2w destroy this game, and any server that allow them, that's it. You think it's a bit unbalanced now? Donations or ptw would completely destroy any balance.

I have been playing here for about 3 months now I think. I have many boxes and play solo. I do so for a few reasons. One, I enjoy it tbh, and I live in NA. When I play, there isn't a whole lot of ppl online. I will eventually join a clan, or maybe even start my own, who knows. What I do know, is that anyone who joins this server, and plays here, does so for a reason. Most likely because it's a low rate server with no donations. Not everyone will play the game like you, or play it like you want them to play it. Some like to role play, others like to pvp and siege, some like to do raids and others enjoy the pve aspect. Whatever floats your boat.

Would more ppl make this server better? Of course it would. Getting players to come here is the hard part. I'm not too sure how it can be done. I haven't played L2 since 2007, where I played on the off retail servers. About 6 months ago I was itching to play an mmo, but nothing caught my attention because I compare everything to L2, and everything fails in comparison IMO. So I googled private servers and joined up here because I was looking for a low rate server with no donations or p2w.

Another thing is that this server is still kind of new. It only opened in October I believe. Give it some time.

If you like playing but don't want to play alone, join a clan. Maybe even start your own.

As for suggestions on how to attract new players, that's hard. I do know I would be willing to pay a very small amount per month per account (like 5 bucks an account) to help advertise the server. Maybe banner ads on some of the top L2 server sites, or google ads, ads on Reddit etc. Even if subscriptions were out of the question, maybe a donation box on the site would help. In exchange for donations every month, your exp could be 6x instead of 5x for just voting.

Then again there is nothing wrong with a small server with a dedicated player base. Would you rather play with 200 hardcore L2 players who love playing on a low rate server, or would you like to play on a server full of bots, and players who spend a bunch of money to buy the best gear.

This is not i discussed with @Emca and it is just my personal opinion:

I'd love to have some kind of voluntary donations, where people could send few bucks to some transparent paypal account (transparent -> people would see for what we are spending the money). However, i think there are some legislative obstacles and its not so easy to get permission for it.

Well for starters i`d really think more about a few options, people would join if there were: 

1 - more visual and informational changes to the website (I.e: website design/art, offline/remote clan/account  facilities, pole options, etc)  Y/N

2 - more random events (kept in the strict rules of the server definition) Y/N

3 - randomization in the spoil/drop rate ( this here is a long discussion which can only be started if the admins consider this ) Y/N

4 - of some kind of reward for friend referrals  or even clan referrals Y/N 

5 - having a database over the server (which ofc there is in game via target system but its not accessible out of client) 

6 - the server name and some kind of obvious insignia/logo would be advertised - the server advertisment is always the one that gets you there (unless you are a maniac like me and search the site's for specific servers of low rate)  Y/N

............ right now i cant come up with other ideas, comment if you want your opinion over this heard with a string like 1Y2N......

Regards,

I think what would be really good is if someone has money and really wants to help server, they could buy some space somewhere (like pmfun/maxcheaters banners area) for server for like a month? That would definitely help. Something like this? Are there other options where people could buy something with their money and you could use it and you would not have to deal legalization and laws?

Edited by Yooyoo

Hey there, we just brought a few dozen players from Dawn. Don't worry the server will grow, it's the only one that has low rates, a decent amount of players (for a new server) and no RMT auction house. More of our people will come over soon :)

On 1/14/2017 at 0:24 PM, tequilla said:

Well for starters i`d really think more about a few options, people would join if there were: 

1 - more visual and informational changes to the website (I.e: website design/art, offline/remote clan/account  facilities, pole options, etc)  Y/N

2 - more random events (kept in the strict rules of the server definition) Y/N

3 - randomization in the spoil/drop rate ( this here is a long discussion which can only be started if the admins consider this ) Y/N

4 - of some kind of reward for friend referrals  or even clan referrals Y/N 

5 - having a database over the server (which ofc there is in game via target system but its not accessible out of client) 

6 - the server name and some kind of obvious insignia/logo would be advertised - the server advertisment is always the one that gets you there (unless you are a maniac like me and search the site's for specific servers of low rate)  Y/N

............ right now i cant come up with other ideas, comment if you want your opinion over this heard with a string like 1Y2N......

Regards,

What's wrong with website design?