L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Xmas Event and effect after event

And still get "star ornaments" and  "flower pots" :D

So let's see what happen :

We had 2 event and we enjoy it.

Events over and results are:

Some people use it for farm Baium and other raids other to do trains everyone is happy. Merry Xmas everyone.

But how that looks in eyes of new coming players (if there are any).:

If I had join in server before 3 days and getting faster to 50 lvl would be really happy. But after that hard play ...

While I rush for lvls what other do - RB with 4 ppl and +++ wep. - Would I have that chance - no ?

Event was fun for me but let's see what damage will cause to community.
Event is good for 1 year old server but at that moment was too big advantage.

Experience how Lineage II was meant to be played - difficult ...  + 15 WEP  ?!

My crystal ball is a bit blurry at that moment but I'm sure after 10 jaguary will be more clear. That I see atm is not good future for l2shrine. Hope I'm not right.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not another troll.

Haven't played l2 for 3 or more years and the concept of that project " Experience how Lineage II was meant to be played - difficult, without pay to win donate - only your skill matters. "

makes me to dl client and wait pattionly instalation and to double click l2.exe . I think concept is right  and if u can keep server alive without donation that is great. If you can't  - do it gentle with hats and other stuff. 

Many servers and community itself destroyed way that l2 should be team game. There are always people who play it like is "Round game" -   3-4 weeks -> Siege -> Hero -> I win  C YA! Next round  next server. You can't keep them here.

For first time I meet @Emca and company but they got mine trust that there is no corruption here. If that project fail because such event or other circumstances I would like to follow them in next project.

Some thing that I think whould be said:

Please when there are cases like Krokran (or how his nick was) make it public in English -  We can't follow the whole story. With cases like that and decision you take you build trust in community or loose it.

Unlimited boxes - So the guy with best hardware win ! Bring 9 clients, use 3 for farm and others to leech exp ? Really ? So it's up who have better hardware configuration - ?

Not to talk how it effect gameplay -  no need of active support classes anymore. So no teaming with random guys - that was part of l2 fun.

But that is long discussion - community itself don't like to play like that anymore.

Unlimited shops was nice in first two weeks - New guy come and see how good economy is working.

Now everyone have 10 shops and Giran market place is graveyard of grey named dwarfs. (there are like 20 shouts WTS/WTB per day...)

And for last -  Shop Scams at private shops are not illigal ? Come on ?!

It's ethical question. You put so much efforts to compile GE + GF + don't know what else to make that stable server. You waste your time and money and allow that ? Don't want to search correct sentence but the meaning was " Without to take action to stop doing bad is like to promote and help them. Yes you didn't do nothing bad but you didn't stop it too. "

I know that is not democracy and I'm not here spare hate and tolling. I'm here on my decision and if I don't like it door is open.
Merry Xmass everyone and hope you see construct critics in my words. Thank you for working on l2shrine I'm sure it cost a lot more than we see.

*Excuse me for my bad english grammar.

Edited by Rado

Hi,

• Event
    • Flower pots etc still dropping - my bad, should stop in few minutes
    • OE weapons - We've removed time unlimited weapons and the chance to get time limited OE weapon was same for everyone; In fact it helped much more new players and clans with lower levels (to get some better equip) than the big clans. Also the big clans would be able to do the same they did even without those weapons. Maybe it helped them to kill that boss bit faster but they would kill him nevertheless
  • Klokan - I don't want to write it whole again so very short - he tried to deceive us (server staff) so he got jailed for some 5 days - NO BIG DEAL AT ALL
  • Unlimited boxes
    • There is no way to limit it.
    • We can try to limit it in our antibot but that wouldn't block anyone from using two or three computers at time
    • The same applies for using virtual machines
    • We can add it in rules, but it would be unpunishable because there's no way to prove it (in dubio pro reo)
    • In the end, the best way is to not limit it - everyone has the same chance (you can run 5 game windows on $200 computer)
  • Unlimited shops
    • You can make 10 different accounts, log in from 10 different IP addresses
    • The only way to limit it is to make some global limit for offline shops (let's say 50 characters) - that would be unfair because only the 50 fastest would have offline shop
  • Shop scams: 
  • Like 1

Event - deed is done let's see the effect.

Klokan - not interested exactly to him. Just such cases should be public - your decisions in cases like that build or ruin your authority.

Unlimited boxes - didn't know there are other circumstances about that -  limit box = mass bots . Prefer unlimited version.

Unlimited shops - pretty sure that " You can make 10 different accounts, log in from 10 different IP addresses  " is not absolute truth and is not so easy. If you use addon to change your IP every time so you can't have always 10 acc with same 10 IP's.  But it's up to you.

Shop scams:

" ..." . Sad about that answer.

about scams: when hints starts @ log screen (dunno which chronicle) there was one about u should pay attention about scams... i never saw server where admins punnish this. Its sadly part of the game. Long time ago i almost quit server when i did that mistake and spent all my money for nothing. Well i didnt quit and i never did that mistake again. And this game is for vets anyway, there are no newbies, just some rly rusty guys (e.g. me)

for unlimited shops: well u cant have always same IP, but u also cant forbid playing from different ones (example: guy is playing from home, from work, sometimes using proxy, granny house, whatever place rly) so u cant do some feature like one acc=one ip u can use for log in ..

And i am not sure if u know that, but there is regular restart every monday morning, thats enough to kill shops from ppl who are not playing anymore/who forgot they are selling smth.

Edited by porem