L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

What do you think about it?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Adena rate 5x/ 6x

Thank you @JornΒ for replying and being very active for the community.

As a new player, I don't mind theΒ game being hard and retail like, it's actually why I chose this server.

One thing though I'm sure you have considered and I'd like to understand why you chose so is that usually exp and adena rates go together, I think it's the first time I see adena being lower, which of course means the further we progress the harder will be to keep up, at least for those who'd rather buy items instead of getting themselves.

Again, I don't think it's a big issue afterall but it's just new to me and maybe a bit strange that exp and adena rates are off, maybe making them equal 4x at least would be more adequate and retail-like (again in terms of progression and level-adena balance).

I think that the adena rate should be slightly raised in order to conceive anΒ xp rate too. At the beginning of the game it's fine, but the higher lvl we have, the more we pay, pay for shots (we craft them, but ore is expensive, crystals too) and teleports, not enough adena to buy things from people at all. I know that larger clans may not have that problems, but those who play only solo or 2 players or small clans (no cursed weapons, no castles, no RBs, just spoil/drop), so sooner or later hit the barrier of no finance to move on. A lot of people from us saying theyΒ wanted a gameΒ tough, but that adena rate cause they are depressed and without the prospect of a better future. And yes, we can leave our small clans and go to big clans, butΒ server would lose diversity. That is my opinion and all players from our clan.

I was hoping at least the weekend raised adena/drop/spoil rates, but it did not pass :(

And it is possible that could also support the manor, it would be more adena in castles, and more materials to craft gear.

Edited by Mirgalen
  • Like 1

In my opinion the Adena rate right now is fine.

Compared to retail it is incredible high tbh.

When you played on retail server, you spend just as much money on Soulshots as you earned from killing the monsters.

On this server you need the same amount of shots, but get 3x the adena, which earns you a lot of money for just killing mobs, which wasnt even possible on retail unless you played a supporter.

17 minutes ago, Jorn said:

It's just all about making it harder for the player. Even if we would increase adena rate to 4x, it would make zero to none difference in the beginning because of the vitality, which boosts exp rate really a lot.

From this I understand that what we are currently facing is considered to be mostly due to the faster leveling pace, and will settle to a more sustainable rate after a certain level. This makes sense I guess, and if your goal is to keep the difficulty high I see why you'd rather keep it like that, although it still feels somewhat awkward to have different rates, expecially when there is an arguably small difference (we are talking about 4-5k/mob in Varka/Ketra, for example, I'm not sure how much it would influence the game at higher levels).

Β 

Anyway thank you again for explaining your considerations.

Β 

2 minutes ago, PiffPaff said:

In my opinion the Adena rate right now is fine.

Compared to retail it is incredible high tbh.

When you played on retail server, you spend just as much money on Soulshots as you earned from killing the monsters.

On this server you need the same amount of shots, but get 3x the adena, which earns you a lot of money for just killing mobs, which wasnt even possible on retail unless you played a supporter.

And you are from big clan, so you get gear from your clan (RB actions etc.).

Hi, I'm on iPhone, so really short: We've tested 4x adena rate and it was too easy (comparing to gameplay on 1x/1x). For example, on 1x/1x you play mostly without shots and you don't use teleport much (cause it's really expensive). We don't want it to be hard as 1x, but adena 4x was really too easy :)

4 minutes ago, Mirgalen said:

Β 

And you are from big clan, so you get gear from your clan (RB actions etc.).

Doesn't really change anything.

Not to mention that I haven't gotten any of my gear from my clan....

If you increase the adena drop rate, the market price for items will increase by just as much.

Only soulshots and the like will stay pretty much the same, because you can get the crystals from NPC shops.

Just now, Emca said:

Hi, I'm on iPhone, so really short: We've tested 4x adena rate and it was too easy (comparing to gameplay on 1x/1x). For example, on 1x/1x you play mostly without shots and you don't use teleport much (cause it's really expensive). We don't want it to be hard as 1x, but adena 4x was really too easy :)

And did you tested also high lvl game when all gear you have to buy from players (not just from the shop) or craft? 40m just for MJ gloves? Did you try to save adena for whole set with daily income max 1m adena? And some things are not able to buy at all, because large clans do not want to sell them keeping them for their members. And they donΒ΄t buy anything from us, all is expensive for them. So we have not adena nor gear. And yes, we have spoils, crafter and we are selling AA, which is only they buy.

2 minutes ago, Mirgalen said:

And did you tested also high lvl game when all gear you have to buy from players (not just from the shop) or craft? 40m just for MJ gloves? Did you try to save adena for whole set with daily income max 1m adena? And some things are not able to buy at all, because large clans do not want to sell them keeping them for their members. And they donΒ΄t buy anything from us, all is expensive for them. So we have not adena nor gear. And yes, we have spoils, crafter and we are selling AA, which is only they buy.

I understand you, butΒ even if we increase rate to 4x, you wouldn't drop that much adena that you could afford to buy crafted gear from other players.

What lvl are you to earn 1 million Adena a day?

You can go to isle of prayers and farm Fire stones to earn easy 5-6kk each.

You can run the Hotsprings quest for S grade jewelery recs for 2 million each.

People buy that stuff because there is hardly anything else to spend their money on right now.

Even a spoiler can go to lvl 40 catacombs and spoil 100 sop and sell them to buy shops on the market to make 3,5kk.

For 100 SoP you have to spoil maybe 140 mobs.

Β 

Edited by PiffPaff
8 minutes ago, PiffPaff said:

What lvl are you to earn 1 million Adena a day?

You can go to isle of prayers and farm Fire stones to earn easy 5-6kk each.

You can run the Hotsprings quest for S grade jewelery recs for 2 million each.

People buy that stuff because there is hardly anything else to spend their money on right now.

Β 

lvl 70 with low B equip - so I need to get multibox of buffers instead of good equip. I tried to drop common A, but not much luck with it. And I am at my job during a week, I can play max 2 hours a day, more at weekend. I do not use bots, but I no longer wonder that there areΒ problems with them here.

Edited by Mirgalen
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, PiffPaff said:

Doesn't really change anything.

Not to mention that I haven't gotten any of my gear from my clan....

If you increase the adena drop rate, the market price for items will increase by just as much.

Only soulshots and the like will stay pretty much the same, because you can get the crystals from NPC shops.

The point is precisely this...
and 1X increase would help the new players and would not change the lives of those who already plays.
The affect increased proportionately on the market, but it improves the new player game. 
Gracia chronicle consists in equip lvl 84 end game...and not B grade equip at luxory. It's just my opinion. 
Have fun
10 minutes ago, Mirgalen said:

If adena rate increase to 5x seller with maje gloves stand up and sit with price 60m (and next topic is about adena rate 8x)

Only things to change is teleports/ore and other items from npcs, but now is enough adena for it.

Just now, Mirgalen said:

lvl 70 with low B equip - so I need to get multibox of buffers instead of good equip. I try to drop common A, but not much luck with it. And I am at my job during a week, I can play max 2 hours a day, more at weekend. I do not use bots, but I no longer wonder that there areΒ problems with them here.

Well, if you hit me up ingame I can give you at least some A grade boots/gloves (common) since they drop in the hundreds.

I can only give you the advise to try the HS quest (lvl 68+) and sell some Taeto recs.

I get that not everybody has the same time to put in, so I just try to give some ideas - because I don't think that the increase in Adena drop rate will change anything in the long run.

2 minutes ago, F0bia said:

The point is precisely this...
and 1X increase would help the new players and would not change the lives of those who already plays.
The affect increased proportionately on the market, but it improves the new player game. 
Gracia chronicle consists in equip lvl 84 end game...and not B grade equip at luxory. It's just my opinion. 
Have fun

When Gracia came around people used S grade because nobody was on Hellbound for a long time. There was no lvl 84+ and full gear - people just started Fire stones for the first time.

11 minutes ago, Mirgalen said:

Even if that was true, which it isn't, at that point I wonder if you maybe aren't just looking for another game?

It's no news after more than a decade that in Lineage2 you'll need a lot of cooperation to keep up with gear while leveling, and those who do won't get rid of it until everyone won't need it anymore. There are a lot of ways to play the game and some players, me included some time ago, find relax and accomplishment to achieve everything with their own strenghts, but that should come along with accepting that it won't be fast, easy and at the appropriate level.

I don't really see the problem here at all.

There are shadow weapons and common weapons all the way. People are giving out Adena for academy or just spend a lot of money on simple basic mats.

You can use common A grade weapons/armors until lvl 79+ easily.

A top A armor costs like 3 million on the market. To earn 3 million you have to spend an hour or two spoiling in the Branded catacombs or sell the AA you earn at the same time.

You can buy a Top A grade common Weapon for 9 million, which isn't much harder to come by either.

There are plenty of ways to make the money to get the items you want/need.

So in the end the increased Adena drop rate would only help like really, really new players that try to buy the class change quest at lvl 40 or make the first common items easier, but for that you can always try to sell your academy points or ask someone to help you out.

There is a multitude of quests than can make you the 3 million adena for the lvl 40 class change quest aswell.

If you increase the drop rate for Adena from 3x to 6x you will only decrease the value of the current money on players and make a lot of people mad - since the items on the market will simply double the price. Lose lose situation.