L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Bring more players

Gus I have an idea to help server with population, I already posted server in some FB groups etc. You can too post it somewhere to help, to friends or some pages. I am using this to advertise this server which I found on reddit fom admin:

L2 Shrine

Gracia Final l2off lowrate

Grand Opening: October 1, 20:00 UTC+2

NO donate, NO buffer, NO GM shop

4x EXP/SP, 2.5x drop/spoil, 3x adena

Retail settings

Offline trade, expon/expoff

Runs with newer Epilogue Client

Planned continuous update to Gracia Epilogue

More info on our website: https://l2shrine.com/

BTW Dont forget to vote on all websites ;)

I think the easiest things almost every player can do are:

• voting for server (it will be wise in our upcoming event - I can't tell details but players who vote will have slightly better chance to get something useful)
  • spreading the word over facebook/forums/friends/...

Currently I see only some 50 % of playing IP addresses voted today... People, you don't want more people here? oO

• Like 1

Every little helps! for sure :D. I have meet some people in game that didn't know about the vote reward and once they did they went to vote :D.

Have seen some servers use announcement message to spam every once in a while in chat window on the All channel, in bright blue color, announcements.

Although Im not sure how can you miss the huge yellow message at start.

Another thing could be putting a short but clear message about it on loading screen?

A bunch of Unique NPCs in busy places that shout about Vote reward in game would be awesome as well.

Just some of my ideas.

Alas! I've probably removed the "ugly yellow message" in one of last updates.

It was really ugly and prevented you from clicking over big portion of screen. Also it seemed to be the cause of those crashes some folks reported - although it wasn't in fact (the real cause was wrong DEP settings in windows)

Maybe we should add normal blue announcement about voting

57 minutes ago, Emca said:

I think the easiest things almost every player can do are:

• voting for server (it will be wise in our upcoming event - I can't tell details but players who vote will have slightly better chance to get something useful)
  • spreading the word over facebook/forums/friends/...

Currently I see only some 50 % of playing IP addresses voted today... People, you don't want more people here? oO

its not that. The problem is you need to create accounts to vote which is annoying. I want to be able to just click and vote not create login accounts :( for different voting sites. 

Edited by Kirito

Vote at least at hopzone - that doesn't need any login and in most of cases it will give you premium status.

Sometimes not - it's not our fault, if you want to make sure you get the premium, vote everywhere and then click again (just for sure) on all vote buttons in launcher :D

Every week there are at least 5 questions on "hey vote reward doesn't work" - we do our best and our system (on our side) seems bulletproof. But we rely on APIs of vote servers so it's sometimes difficult to make it properly, if half of the APIs work wrong that day. The other possibility is someone uses two different IPs for playing and voting (eg some transparent proxy on the network or something similar) - but to this moment all the problems were the first option (at least as I know)

One more thing, if you're going to post it somewhere, maybe please don't spam l2dawn - they seem to be really nice, we don't need them upset... and maybe also don't spam bnb cause they already have big problems with ddos attacks (and if someone wants to play on donate server, let him do so)

9 hours ago, Kirito said:

its not that. The problem is you need to create accounts to vote which is annoying. I want to be able to just click and vote not create login accounts :( for different voting sites. 

this is the reason i havent voting. im not gonna create accounts all over the place :)

Hi I am new here but I have some experience in L2 comunity..for exemple: I dont play at a server before see the features and their forum. This kind of post in public difucult a lot get more ppls. A guy come to know the server and see all talking about low population and methods to get more ppls. I think you could have some section of forum that only registered members read.. to discuss all this.

About vote system..yes its too complicated  maybe something added to cp be more easy..guy login..vote and get some reward like a coin to use and get PA for 24 hs.

You have an advantage in have a server with no donation and retail. All people that I invite to play here only ask me why multiple accs( for some muipla acc = free bots) and about spoil rate...drops all agree need be hard.

^_^

29 minutes ago, Lua Avadon said:

Hi I am new here but I have some experience in L2 comunity..for exemple: I dont play at a server before see the features and their forum. This kind of post in public difucult a lot get more ppls. A guy come to know the server and see all talking about low population and methods to get more ppls. I think you could have some section of forum that only registered members read.. to discuss all this.

About vote system..yes its too complicated  maybe something added to cp be more easy..guy login..vote and get some reward like a coin to use and get PA for 24 hs.

You have an advantage in have a server with no donation and retail. All people that I invite to play here only ask me why multiple accs( for some muipla acc = free bots) and about spoil rate...drops all agree need be hard.

^_^

They can try to bot, everyone can, but here will get banned no matter how rich they are

You take so serius about donations... I've been playing L2 since 10 years or so and I used to think like you, donations fuck that kind of servers bla bla bla, but in the end you must know we are playing a OLD game played BY "old gamers" who now have real lifes and less time to play 24/7 this game and the most important fack is that we all now have money and we all want to "pay to win" in some aspects, I'm not saying that you should implement a donate system with full armor gm shop, but some kind of "hats" or EXP/SP runes 30% or so won't hurt anyone from my point of view and you will get some money to advertise and to pay the mantenimence of the server.

Its up to people spend or not money and Its not a big deal/difference and you should see in another point of view more people more fun and we all want more people. If we don't grab more people this proyect will die in 2-3 months max.

Another thing bots? Every single server has bots yeah they are a pain but in the end you must know that bots are the one that make the servers move the market and grow it. I'm not saying to allow them but you should think about puting like a reward system in case you find one you can frap them and have 10% reward of all the adenas that they have or somehting like that. Just let the comunity clean them, you shouldn't waste your time as GMs hunting them.

Thats my opinion

I would say the only effect voting has is that it increases traffic (and ad revenues) on the voting website itself. I do not recall ever playing on a server I found on some voting website, only servers that were mentioned on forums. In fact I only tried Lineage after I had read about it on unrelated (!) forum.

4 hours ago, Akbar said:

I would say the only effect voting has is that it increases traffic (and ad revenues) on the voting website itself. I do not recall ever playing on a server I found on some voting website, only servers that were mentioned on forums. In fact I only tried Lineage after I had read about it on unrelated (!) forum.

Every server I played on in the past years I found on L2Topzone :ph34r:

• Like 1