L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

BLESSED SPIRIT SHOTS DELAY

Hello all,

at first, thanks for answering the other topic about this.

I am writing again to say that it is not fixed yet (the blessed spirit shots are still not getting activated before the second magic comes out... what makes the second magic slow - no casting speed). That is very bad for mage class, because during pvp the casting speed gets low and you dye. I know that it isnt a bug, but its very bad for age class =(

Thanks again and sorry to bother again with the same topic.

Β 

Hi, nobody was able to give me way how to reproduce it - what char, which skill to use, what buffs should I have, ...

According to my tests it should be fixed - but I had to check it just the way I paused sqlserver process (to make lag) and then checked some very long skill (8s with shots, 10s without shots) and it worked...

havent noticed this cuz i havent played a mage here.

but i do know it happens more often on other servers too, and its considered a bug or a fault cuz of too slow hardware, too high settings in the server/database.

lot of servers ive played on, in this case interlude till gracia final, didnt had this thing, but also a lot of them did had it. Ive played more then 50+ privates, so i know.

i cant imagine its a hdd << >> SSD issue, cuz back in the time when ssd's werent here, interlude and gracia final were already in privates, and often the problem didnt exist.

imo must look into the code, or into the processing of items, wich can have delays.

If it's what I think it is, it's caused by database delay - server waits for database to acknowledge decrement of spiritshot count and casts skill too fast so it's without shot (database didn't respond in time)

We have very good hardware so it's not problem with performance, but logical problem. So I've changed it so it doesn't check it and turns on spiritshot immediately.

Maybe there's some other problem I don't know - someone please tell me how to reliably reproduce this bug

6 minutes ago, Emca said:

If it's what I think it is, it's caused by database delay - server waits for database to acknowledge decrement of spiritshot count and casts skill too fast so it's without shot (database didn't respond in time)

We have very good hardware so it's not problem with performance, but logical problem. So I've changed it so it doesn't check it and turns on spiritshot immediately.

Maybe there's some other problem I don't know - someone please tell me how to reliably reproduce this bug

oh, you can reproduce this easily. and i think ypou are in the right spot with the solution.

just take a 40+ mage class, spellhowler, spellsinger, sorcerer.
have normal buffs, but do have zerk 2 and acumen 3, also get dyes +5 wit
get karmian set and C mage wep + acu

then you have like the c speed most of the mages have.

and ofcourse, have blessed spiritshots activated.

keep spamming 1 skill, so you almost keep pressing in that button (mine would beΒ f4 for hurricane), and then randomly youll notice slower casting speeds.

Β 

it has nothing to do with , 'you may not keep pressing the button, etc etc'
its very probably a delay so the item decrease cannot be verified.

I had that problem at a lower level with not much casting speed.

I thought it was my connection problem tho.

Β 

It surely wasΒ before database check disabled, tho.
I will keep an eye on it at higher ping and report here if i feel it happening.

It is considered a bug because it doesnt happen on l2j server. But on l2off server on RETAIL FILES there is a short delay between spells and spiritshot so for max dps you cannot just mash f1 like you can in l2j. If someone says this is a bug it is because they played l2j where this 'feature' doesnt exist.

According to my tests there are TWO different problems involved. Seems like I've fixed just one of them.

Now it seems the second problem emerges only if you have shorter reuse than cast time. Is it possible?

This isn't a bug, its like that by design.

Its all because of spiritshots recharge.Β To avoid slow casts do microsteps aside between casts to give your spiritshots time to recharge.

The same happens when you buff a char manually. If you spam one buff after the other, the second will take longer to cast, like there is no spiritshot used.

3 hours ago, Emca said:

According to my tests there are TWO different problems involved. Seems like I've fixed just one of them.

Now it seems the second problem emerges only if you have shorter reuse than cast time. Is it possible?

yes, shorter reuse time is possible. im not sure but if i remember this correclty but they lowered skill reuse time 25% in gracia Β (youll have to gonna look that up)

also, its not true it never happens on l2j, it does. and its not true it always happens on official, it doesnt always. it is a bug, but its origin can be tricky. but within L2 you are able and allowed to keep your shots activated. every shot will be applied before the skill or attack takes place. this is how it was meant to be. so if that isnt possible cuz of something then yes, its a bug

update: found a link to the gracia final patchnotes
http://forums.goha.ru/showthread_0_0_t285473--ММО+Π˜Π³Ρ€Ρ‹+LINEAGE+2+Π¦ΠΈΠΊΠ»+ΠΎΠ±Π½ΠΎΠ²Π»Π΅Π½ΠΈΠΉ+The+Epic+Tales+of+Aden+The+2nd+Throne+Gracia+CT+2.3+Gracia+Final+Official+Patch+Notes+on+NA+EU+Servers

it says:Β  Β The reuse time for skills used by players has been shortened by 25% and is not affected by attack speed and magic speed.Β 

Edited by darkrinoa
1 hour ago, Kirito said:

This isn't a bug, its like that by design.

Its all because of spiritshots recharge.Β To avoid slow casts do microsteps aside between casts to give your spiritshots time to recharge.

The same happens when you buff a char manually. If you spam one buff after the other, the second will take longer to cast, like there is no spiritshot used.

this sir, is bullshit. forgive me my language

1 hour ago, darkrinoa said:

this sir, is bullshit. forgive me my language

The skill reuse time has nothing to do with the spritishot recharge / delay time....lowering the delay in skill reuse will not fix the time that it takes for the blessed spirit to trigger.Β That's always been the case on every server I have played on but Emca can test this easily I'm sure.

EDIT: Not to mention blessed spiritshot is a item not a skill.

Edited by Kirito
28 minutes ago, Kirito said:

The skill reuse time has nothing to do with the spritishot recharge / delay time....lowering the delay in skill reuse will not fix the time that it takes for the blessed spirit to trigger.Β That's always been the case on every server I have played on but Emca can test this easily I'm sure.

Well according to my tests it seems that INCREASE of reuse time to match skill cast time would fix the problem. On the other side it's probably not the way I want to fix it...

3 hours ago, Kirito said:

EDIT: Not to mention blessed spiritshot is a item not a skill.

true, and i never said that skill reuse time was related ;)

3 hours ago, Emca said:

Well according to my tests it seems that INCREASE of reuse time to match skill cast time would fix the problem. On the other side it's probably not the way I want to fix it...

if you increase the reuse time, you will be altering a lot of skills and classes. it will make some classes weaker, and so, at the same time, fighter classes stronger against mages.

Β 

1 hour ago, darkrinoa said:

if you increase the reuse time, you will be altering a lot of skills and classes. it will make some classes weaker, and so, at the same time, fighter classes stronger against mages.

Β 

You didn't get it. When casting time is 1500 ms and reuse time is 1200 ms, there is a problem. If we forced all reuse times to be at least as long as the skill itself (which wouldn't change anything ingame as reuse time shorter than casting time is no difference for you), then it would work. It could be done only automatically, not changing skills etc (because it depends on buffs you have etc).Β BUT AGAIN, THIS IS NOT THE WAY I WANT TO FIX IT.

I will fix it proper way - the spiritshot skill must be casted PRIOR to casting the next skill, not during it.

5 hours ago, Kirito said:

EDIT: Not to mention blessed spiritshot is a item not a skill

It's item skill in fact ;)

5 minutes ago, Emca said:

Β 

It's item skill in fact ;)

the blessed spiritshot itself is an item. the usage of it item skill :P

and the way you quoted this it looked like i was the one who said it :P

i agree on fixing this the right way, whatever that may be. its true the shots need to be loaded before you start the skill or attack

1 hour ago, Emca said:

You didn't get it. When casting time is 1500 ms and reuse time is 1200 ms, there is a problem. If we forced all reuse times to be at least as long as the skill itself (which wouldn't change anything ingame as reuse time shorter than casting time is no difference for you), then it would work. It could be done only automatically, not changing skills etc (because it depends on buffs you have etc).Β BUT AGAIN, THIS IS NOT THE WAY I WANT TO FIX IT.

Β 

yes i understand what you mean. but what in the case of spellcasting getting canceled due to dmg? normally you would be able to cast a new skill as soon as your skill is rdy for reuse. and this is when you want your normally reuse times ;)

• Emca locked this topic