L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Server Problems - Donations - Running costs

@Jorn, @Emca

After the recent transfer of the server , the server many times has 2 smalls issues.

The first is lags ( i dunno if it has to do with people/chars online )

The second is this is problems with login.adadsasd.PNG.1920b103c7f875ed651d61e51d4cf657.PNG

To some people it happens more than others and it can be annoying.

Would u like to give us an idea of what are the monthly costs of the server , and some donating options in game (pure cosmetic, or even custom cosmetic,like in Inera,if you had any connections with the Inera's server Admins/developers).

If you exclude this options , could you share your paypal account or any other method that u think of , so that we could somehow help in the server costs ?

I remember from the past that you had some tax issues if you had any kind of income by such things , is it still a problem ?

Also , donations , doesnt mean that we will expect and demand server to be super good . You can get it as a reward from some people for all these years that we play here.

A 10euro donations / month for example(or whenever everybody can)  , i think it is nothing , considering that many of us spend hundreads of hours here monthly.

p.s.  The server is on the same server as the forum atm ? ( if i use this on cmd, will i be able to see server's my-server's ping?  "ping forum.shrine.com -t" ? )

Hi,

do you know if anybody else experience lags at the same time as you have them? We moved to new hardware so it might require some additional tweaks.

The hostname thing is strange, because we actually didn't change any IP addresses (we're using proxies so we don't expose server address). I am going to talk to @Emca about those issues, hopefully we'll find solution soon.

We are actually thinking about donations, but it takes quite a lot of setup and needs some additional paperwork (taxes). So yes, donations will eventually come, in a way that there will be:

• paid monthly subscriptions - probably 3 types, don't know the prices yet, but should be cheap, and we haven't discussed the bonuses - probably something like colored name + some other stuff
  • paid hair accessories + some agathions ... i personally don't want to go the way of adding quest items (like nobless, 3rd class transfer, buff potions, and so on) in to the donate

EDIT: hostname issue

See

On 4/3/2020 at 2:33 PM, heroBD said:

p.s.  The server is on the same server as the forum atm ? ( if i use this on cmd, will i be able to see server's my-server's ping?  "ping forum.shrine.com -t" ? )

Yeah, both are located on the same server.

16 hours ago, Jorn said:

Hi,

do you know if anybody else experience lags at the same time as you have them? 

As far as i know from my clan , 1 more person has this problem, and he has it a lot , he does many login tries to enter every time.

He is from greece , same as me ( dunno our internet provider matters).

Me, i had this problem , and i couldnt log in at all for 1-2 hours, then i entered, and then i had the problem again , but eventually it would log in after 2-3 attempts.

All this was happening in 1 day , i log in normally till now.

About the random lags sometimes , usually all of the people complain in discord so it happens for them in the same time. But as i said earlier , the lags isnt so many and long , usually around 3-4 secs    1-2 times .