L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

general thoughts about first days of the server

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really don't understand what is the problem with second class quest. All of u people known, what u sign up for. This server is mean to be retail, and guess what, that also includes class quest. Many

I'm playing here as spoiler main, and the spoil rates are really awful, every fifth mob gets spoiled, i agree that spoil rates should be increased or xp/sp lowered. And about the player counter, i thi

I think we can do rate changes ONLY if 98+ % players on the server really want it. Otherwise it's nonsense. EDIT: I still think it's bit hard core, but it's normal for a lowrate - I've played on

Global chat (even with a nice idea to be used for traders) is gonna be turned in a flame war channel. I think it causes more problems than it solves. Just make spam macros on dwarfs. Giran was always the place for the game economy, so go there, make shop, shout wts.

EDIT: It could maybe, just maybe work with something like 10 minutes delay for messages, but still, could be used for anything really.

Edited by Yooyoo
3 hours ago, Squallsp said:

Hero chat is 100% off,even if I am a hero. Heroes are assholes who argue between each other and take over my whole chat window, or get payed to type some WTB/WTS mes... basicly nobody gives a damn what heroes have to say cause its  always crap.

Yeah exactly, hero chat is global chat and is usually used as flame war channel. People who can afford it pay people to get their WTS/WTB to whole server. Others who cant have bad luck. Same will happen, if there is a global chat for everyone. Flame war nonstop. 

12 hours ago, Emca said:

I'm still not sure...

+ players can trade more effectively
- not retail feature
- hero chat becoming useless
- even with decent reuse it's still spamming tool (this doesn't apply to hero chat as it's difficult to become one)

IMHO not worth it

I think his idea was only to do it for a month or something while the economy is being built. Not a long term suggestion / implementation. 

12 hours ago, Squallsp said:

Heroes are assholes who argue between each other and take over my whole chat window, or get payed to type some WTB/WTS mes... basicly nobody gives a damn what heroes have to say cause its  always crap.

8 hours ago, Yooyoo said:

Yeah exactly, hero chat is global chat and is usually used as flame war channel. People who can afford it pay people to get their WTS/WTB to whole server. Others who cant have bad luck. Same will happen, if there is a global chat for everyone. Flame war nonstop. 

Come on guys you know better! :)

Lineage 2 has always had Drama, Flames, Hero assholes, Shit community etc. That's what makes this game great! It was never mean't to be a game for care bears. :)  

On 3.10.2016 at 5:54 PM, Emca said:

I think we can do rate changes ONLY if 98+ % players on the server really want it. Otherwise it's nonsense.

EDIT: I still think it's bit hard core, but it's normal for a lowrate - I've played on 1x server and it was MUCH MUCH worse. On 1x you don't even have money for teleports and run from town to town (or half way + soe), also on 1x server you hunt a lot without soulshots :)

Got 2 main class spoilers in Clan, almost every member has a spoil toon and every1 is hoping the rates for spoil are just bugged :/

Ofc if you played on a hardcore Server before the rates here feel good, but in the end I think the rates have TO FIT to one another. With medicore leveling, but hardcore gearing it just doesnt fit well in my opinion.

This chronicle was always meant to be about gear though and not lvls. Ever seen a vesper set on a g final server? Me neither cause its hard as hell to get. Also you will feel the grind from 80 onwards. If it gets a boost it needs to be small as hell like 2.5 to 3

10 hours ago, Kirito said:

I think his idea was only to do it for a month or something while the economy is being built. Not a long term suggestion / implementation. 

Come on guys you know better! :)

Lineage 2 has always had Drama, Flames, Hero assholes, Shit community etc. That's what makes this game great! It was never mean't to be a game for care bears. :)  

Exactly,it feels kinda frustrating , not able to get back at a blue shout, doesn't it ? And yeah, I've always enjoyed a good "WTB my other sock" that turns into a conversation , but  if I can't be a part of it .. it kinda sucks. So if shout or trade is not global (english only ofc) , hero chat is OFF in my game,

Changes will happen whether you like it or not, so perhaps it is you who is in the wrong place. Or there is no need for forum even ? Find another server .. No I actually advice everyone to be active in forums and state their opinion, bug reporting is not enough for server improvement and so far admins consider every suggestion,some approved - some denied,its only fair. In fact ,ain't nobody leavin' before they say why!!! ;)

@wiegraf, there will be some changes of course - we're planning update to Epilogue, but that's nothing in conflict with retail - one may even say it's more retail than staying years on the same version :D

As for basic features like rates, no autoloot, no global shout/trade - this will stay as it is.

We'll maybe add some kind of team vs team event over time, we'll maybe "fix" spiritshot lags (in fact these lags are real retail behavior), maybe we'll fix some korean nonsense (like we fixed that members of the same command channel are treated as allies, not enemies :))

Server concept will stay as it is.

We've removed it. It was like "Hey, only 300 people there? I'm not playing there"... And if all those people gave it a try, we would have 800+ right from the start.

Now the population is growing, in last 24 hours we had some 300+ unique players! On mid/hi-rate server it would mean 1000+ online (boxes, traders, ...) but here on lowrate it's lower, so we don't show it - we don't want to discourage people from playing here. Everyone relates to hirates...

Maybe add +1 rates to drop/adena/spoil with vote too. It would add value to vote and it would balance things like 52 lvl on 3 boxes, main in 2nd class and boxes with 1st :). Plus it doesnt unbalance rates since exp and sp are upped too.

I really don't understand what is the problem with second class quest. All of u people known, what u sign up for. This server is mean to be retail, and guess what, that also includes class quest. Many props for administration, that they made already some things easier/better i.e. .expoff/on,  unlimited boxes, it just shows that they actually care, want to give equal chances to everyone. But I really don't get people who ask: change this or that, to make even more things easier. If u can't afford to buy marks for 3kk, it is because its meant to be like that. Think quests are boring? No problem, do craft/spoil, in 1 day you will earn money for marks, its always alternative way to get second class. You can make only 1-2 quests and buy 1 missing mark. There are a lot of ways. But making game easier is not one of them. After all, there is some reason why we have chosen this particular sever. 

Btw.

I made secnod class quests for 3 chars in one day, not so painfull as it seems to be :)

Edited by Amok
  • Like 3