L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Chronicle update

On 8/22/2018 at 12:11 PM, k0ntra said:

I think @Eldax is conserned because he thinks the H5 changes would attract new players but it won't happen in my opinion.

WTF? why would i be against new ppl coming to play here? Why u even think about me like that?  I said freya can attract more ppl cuz its more unique than H5...

On 8/22/2018 at 12:58 PM, Jorn said:

I know you guys are disappointed, but please understand that this we are doing this for fun and that this project won't pay our bills, and that we have to take care about our families.

Donations for some hats/agathions/autoloot/etc was never a bad idea.

On 8/22/2018 at 12:58 PM, Jorn said:

We have Freya scripts, so that means we have to develop full support for it. We have to either develop it based on our GE Extender (some work has been done by @Emca) or somehow try to downgrade H5.

So if u say u already have some work done with freya, wouldnt it be a waste to just abandon project and jump to H5?

21 hours ago, Rise said:

Update of the current server will be a good test before launching a new project. You can treat it as a beta test. Do not worry about criticism

U mean "sacrifice all players who came to play at No Wipe serwer to be experimental rabbits for another serwer with wipe policy, and dont care about them totally" ???
Sorry but it looks like u dont even play here or u're planing to go at new H5, so ur view is a bit subjective imo.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down to GF with 100% pz from SLH,rush impact land rate like 90% and disarm another 90%,all the damages insanely high due to elements.Cool story bob.

RIP ;p I hope u'll at 1st test this "H5" idea at new serwer than here? To see how missed idea it is. I'll just ask this way. 95% of avaible serwers are Interlude or H5. Freya serwers? 0? H5 is ev

say no h5, lets down to GF

guys what you will do on h5? inst bfreay/tezza/bzaken? 5-6 ppl only can do that here.

SOA/LOA/Karricks need much gear and tonnes of active healers (as i know here 2-3 active bishops and 4-5 active ee with 2-4h online :D )

valakas/antharas - still need 2-3 full active pt to farm (i dont see any active cp here)and beleth is broken by koreans also (it didnt give ring)

If u expect get new good sets - RIP on your dreams :D first vesper nobl set from non forsacen or few guys from oldschool will be in 2-3 month :D 1st vorpal mb little faster and also from giran traders... moirai is like ic or draco on this chorinicals (mean garbage)

1/2 or 1/3 of usual box u load 100% couz of h5 graph so rip on all your destros and start exp necro/sh to farm at least solo target mobs in DV

if olly geo will be like on this server GG to new stadiums.

or mb you want new fog mobs with half of hp and higher levels to get 85 easier than in ge?

ppl who told that they w8ing h5 update at least play on pts h5? they know that java and pts h5 is 2 different worlds? 

• Like 1

do not update, it will kill your server, there is too much h5 servers, its not gives you online.

better make a wipe and reopen the x3 final( whith upd to epilogue) ther is no gracia final server announcements, but a million announcements h5

Edited by Immortal

"reopening or 2nd server" as for me ge/gf is best of NC soft updates. hf players will get blackhole between relax players and tryharders (1s type ppl will be lvl 60-70 other will get to 85 in 2-3 days max correct chars with x3 raits and will farm top instancez and spot while other will gether pt to toi or it). server became swamp in 1 month max.

as for update i told all about what ppl who play here will get in reality with such online=//

4 hours ago, Immortal said:

do not update, it will kill your server, there is too much h5 servers, its not gives you online.

better make a wipe and reopen the x3 final( whith upd to epilogue) ther is no gracia final server announcements, but a million announcements h5

Hmmm i see that old players come here to play when they heard that here will be H5? Why they come beck again?

If they heard that here will be wipe nobody come back to start playing from beginning...

1 hour ago, stress_kh92 said:

no wipe server = if i have nothing to do and nowhere to play i can log few traders and mb join few events during month :D

rly? if I have nothing to do and nowhere to play i go to beer, out with friends etc... every time i can find something to do... not just to play L2 :) and if i go play L2 then i want start from point i have leave it at certain moment not from beginning... If from beginning i can start other games (Fallout 2/3... etc)

Edited by Zero
15 hours ago, Zero said:

rly? if I have nothing to do and nowhere to play i go to beer, out with friends etc... every time i can find something to do... not just to play L2 :) and if i go play L2 then i want start from point i have leave it at certain moment not from beginning... If from beginning i can start other games (Fallout 2/3... etc)

i dont want to drink so often :D

What's the point of a chronicle update? Hi5 is too much pew-pew, this server barely sees 200 daily-active people, half of them are old players who play here due to lack of competition; they enjoy boxing 7+ chars to farm empty areas.

Imo a new server with proper advertising would be a great deal, your no-donate policy is the strongest one available around and you can attract lots of new players with that.

On 9/4/2018 at 11:23 AM, Andu 2.0 said:

What's the point of a chronicle update? Hi5 is too much pew-pew, this server barely sees 200 daily-active people, half of them are old players who play here due to lack of competition; they enjoy boxing 7+ chars to farm empty areas.

Imo a new server with proper advertising would be a great deal, your no-donate policy is the strongest one available around and you can attract lots of new players with that.

Yeah, new server is definitely the way to go and I agree with you, but new server cannot sustain itself without donations. So there has to be donate. Its just how it is.

3 hours ago, Yooyoo said:

Yeah, new server is definitely the way to go and I agree with you, but new server cannot sustain itself without donations. So there has to be donate. Its just how it is.

Well, I'm wondering how the current server is staying alive w/o donations. I agree to donations that don't affect gameplay at all, like accesories, Hi5 is full of hats, eyeglasses, moving machines, transformations etc., there's always people willing to buy those

Hi guys! My friends and I don't play on this server because it was created too long ago and it's really not attractive to start playing in a server that launched years ago...Your community is amazing and I perceive a sense of fear in losing what you have by opening a fresh server. I beg to differ :D There are many of us who think the same. This server has a good reputation, and I think low population is also caused by...server is too old already, no matter how stable, it's not attractive.  There is no decent L2 server around, except this one. I am waiting impatiently for a new opening, from someone I can trust, and this server has built that trust.

I can see many players who are playing in this "old" server, wanting a fresh start. Maybe because they've also joined late, or maybe because they had a break and feel they were left behind. Also, simply because there are not enough players to make it fun...Boxing? That must feel very lonely.

If you update chronicle without a wipe, population will likely stay the same or decrease. 200 people doesn't sound fun at all. I actually don't like a server with more than 500-600 active. But 200 makes me feel isolated and there is no dynamic.  400 is a sweet spot. It's so nice when you feel the server is alive, connected with the world, rather than just feeling you are on an island populated by old players...

I personally don't even care what chronicle you decide to implement for this new server. It can be anything from Gracia onwards.

But I also understand your policy. You don't want to close the server, because you promised no wipes.  It makes sense. Now, you either bite the bullet and start a new server with wipe, or create a new server and no wipe, running 2 servers. That can be tricky ... But I'm 100% players from the old server will join the new. Who doesn't like an alternative reality? A new possibility. New luck. Once that happens , the old server will then die peacefully. And only a handful of people will complain. People complain now, so no difference, except, there will be more happy people.  Now there is resistance. Fear of losing what players gathered. All those hours of farm....

But!!!  There is NO ALTERNATIVE. And, just like in real life, letting go can set you free! People need change to grow. More challenges. Fresh starts. 

Is L2 all about how much you gathered? Is L2 about how much you farm? Well kind of...  But, it's also about FUN and a sense of community. Your community is great, just a bit old and small numbered. Some players love that... But hey, I'm sure there are many of us who are waiting to join your community once you are ready to let go and have a fresh start with us. You proved you can be a stable community. It makes sense to grow a little. Just a little. Too much will ruin everything. I remember L2 Cerberus community was around 400-800 players.   Mostly under 500. It was sooooo great.

We encourage you to open a new server and enjoy a greater influx of players. Not too many, but enough to make server more challenging and dynamic. Some will go...but they always will....And there are so many of us waiting for a decent server to re-open....

I will personally help with advertisement. I will bring back nostalgia :) 

Edited by Dream
  • Like 1

@Dream When the staff announced that this server has a no wipe policy i seriously doubt that players thought the community will stay the same in 3 years time. Ofcourse a drop in numbers is expected. Players who play here are not so competitive and they just like to log and have the items and time they invested in the server at hand. 

All of the competitive players move from server to server every month or year depending on the rate. Opening a new server and closing it in 1 year is what you are looking for since you dislike joining an old server. However I can tell you that most of the players who are on Shrine at the moment won't join the new server because they simply lack the time to nolife and play on a timer :)  I wonder after how long will you ask the staff to wipe the new server because the community is too low for your expectations :D