L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Chronicle update

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down to GF with 100% pz from SLH,rush impact land rate like 90% and disarm another 90%,all the damages insanely high due to elements.Cool story bob.

RIP ;p I hope u'll at 1st test this "H5" idea at new serwer than here? To see how missed idea it is. I'll just ask this way. 95% of avaible serwers are Interlude or H5. Freya serwers? 0? H5 is ev

say no h5, lets down to GF

I wonder will u say same thing about freya -> H5 update.
Antharas Killed? Valakas killed? Blessed Freya Killed?Β 

U typed bosses unkillable here, with this online and actual Clans.
As u say, most ppl dont even know what are those bosses, but u had this knownledge and u had a CP - 9 ppl active, u were "rulling" the server, why didnt u do that?
Why u expect from others things u werent able to do even if u feel u're better than them?

Same thing was about GF- > GE. Same story, typing unkillable bosses and saying players didnt made whole GF content as a argument not to update.

Update will be when files will be ready. And when it will be good time to anounce that. Not earlier and not later.

Edited by Eldax
  • Thanks 1

RIP ;p
I hope u'll at 1st test this "H5" idea at new serwer than here? To see how missed idea it is.

I'll just ask this way. 95% of avaible serwers are Interlude or H5. Freya serwers? 0? H5 is everywhere cuz easy files to get and bcuz its not interlude, but why do u think from dozens H5 serwers some1 will chose this? Bcuz it's online 2 years and everybody has 85? Bcuz some ppl has 100 epics on his boxes and they'll be easy to buy? Bcuz of "Shrine Geodata" which gives depression during oly? Bcuz of constant "100" "active" players online during last year? Bcuz of no autoloot, and sick staying to "retail" ? Bcuz of gm online in game 1h per year? No offense but even czech server geolocation is not helping, bcuz ppl are rather to pick more international flags. Even for actual players it'll be lethal. H5 client will much raise pc usage, and ppl who could log few boxes to be able to exp now, can have problems with this later.
Also about anouncements:
Shire site :

" We're planning continuous update to Gracia Epilogue and probably even to Freya. "

Hopzone: https://l2.hopzone.net/lineage2/details/101178/L2-Shrine

"
We are planning continous update to Gracia Epilogue and maybe even to Freya. "

Well everywhere is the same anouncement and everyhere is not even 1 mention about H5 progress, but final chronicle meant to be freya.
Dont u think it will be a bit dissapointment for ppl who joined here just to dont play at interlude or H5 serwers?

Personally, i would rather wait even a next year with actual GE and get freya than get soon this "progress" called "H5".
Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Zero said:

@Eldax you have fine working geodata/server files for Freya? Give it to GM and they update server to Freya... What is different from Freya to H5? H5 can be compared to Freya like GF to GE..

Difference is pretty big.Β 

1. You have attribute stones to crystal changer

2. New skills (Rush on very many classes, OL gets Atk.Spd, Spoilers can wear daggers and much more)

3. The ammount of tokens and fame required for forgotten scrolls has decreased significantly and the books CAN be exchanged.Β 

4. Enchating skills is cheaper and requires less SP

5. There are so called "Fortune Bugs" that spawn across the map zones and give Neolithic crystals (item needed to do foundation on B,A,S Items)

6. M.def from epic jewellry is increased.

Β 

ofcourse there are small differences likeΒ 

1. not losing Vacualute Floating stone + Portal stone every time you enter epics

2. You don't need Contaminated crystal to enter baylor (tbh no one cares in this server)

3.Β  New weapons ( Hellblade, Claw of Destruction, Blades of Delusion)

Β 

Changes from GF to High Five instead of Freya

Let's be honest here. Most of the community here is fully geared and the goal of the staff is not to attract new players here since they don't get anything out of it (that's why they are openning a new H5 server with donate). With that being said most of the ppl that are fully geared are solo players or playing in very small groups (2-4) players. H5 update will be a big hit for solo players who are logging a lot of boxes just because in Antharas Lair if u log 9 boxes you'll probably lag A LOT.

Personally I don't have problems with this big step because it will eventually happen... From my experience the staff here is very helpful and will work day and night towards resolving bugs. They are also reasonable (zaken changes) so if we present a strong case for a big change, they will atleast consider it

I think @EldaxΒ is conserned because he thinks the H5 changes would attract new players but it won't happen in my opinion. This change is made for the community that is NOW playing this server and not with the idea to attract new players (from my POV).

Β 

Guys, to be hones with you, developing Freya in our limited spare time is such a pain.

We have Freya scripts, so that means we have to develop full support for it. We have to either develop it based on our GE Extender (some work has been done by @Emca) or somehow try to downgrade H5. Both tasks are so time consuming that it brought us to the idea of skipping it and switching directly to H5.

So, i can see two options:

• upgrade to H5
  • wait until we finish Freya (that might take 1/2 to 1 year)

I know you guys are disappointed, but please understand that this we are doing this for fun and that this project won't pay our bills, and that we have to take care about our families.

1 hour ago, k0ntra said:

@JornΒ Do you plan on upgrading H5 to the current server first so that you can fix bugs that might occur on the new server ? Or do you plan on opening the new server and then upgrading the existing one ? Thanks

Upgrade current one first, then open the new one.

56 minutes ago, Jorn said:

Upgrade current one first, then open the new one.

I've asked Emca when should we expect the new server to open and she said around November/December this year. So my question is how long before that do you plan to update this one ? What time window would be optimal to test H5 on thisΒ  server before u open the new one?

Β 

31 minutes ago, k0ntra said:

I've asked Emca when should we expect the new server to open and she said around November/December this year. So my question is how long before that do you plan to update this one ? What time window would be optimal to test H5 on thisΒ  server before u open the new one?

Β 

Imho we should update 2 to 4 weeks before new server launch. However it is possible that new server will get delayed.

What is the point fixing something that isn't broken ? I mean, what's the point of updating to h5? Was there any voting or that's just intention from beggining to update? What is possible chance to leave us "old" players to live on our own on old server and just focus on new :D ?

@aVxΒ If the old server doesn't move to H5 what would you do if you log ingame ? Sit in giran and use hero chat all day ? Or create all classes ingame and make them +30 skills ? The new patch gives much more stuff to do ... it gives alternatives ... The ones that dislike the update are the ones that have the highest gear already and do not want to farm anymore.

53 minutes ago, k0ntra said:

@aVxΒ If the old server doesn't move to H5 what would you do if you log ingame ? Sit in giran and use hero chat all day ? Or create all classes ingame and make them +30 skills ? The new patch gives much more stuff to do ... it gives alternatives ... The ones that dislike the update are the ones that have the highest gear already and do not want to farm anymore.

Im lvl 82, just finished subs. What full boost are you talking about :] ?I've agree that new Chronicle give's more things/options to do. Im just worried that there will be 2 empty h5 servers. Since players that can't do anything on this server will move to fresh. :)Β 

Hello

For me, the choice of the H5 chronicle is the best you could do. I am waiting impatiently for the update, just like the rest of my team. Update of the current server will be a good test before launching a new project. You can treat it as a beta test. Do not worry about criticism. You're doing a good job.

Regards

@k0ntra Ok... i can't access to legacy.lineage2.com for patch notes i am was lazy yesterday to use webarchive...but yes you have truth...

But now i see differences:

H5: https://web.archive.org/web/20141006185348/http://legacy.lineage2.com:80/news/highfive_03.html

Freya: https://web.archive.org/web/20141120040412/http://legacy.lineage2.com:80/news/freya_01.html

And i don't think that H5 will attract new players but can attract old players to start playing here again...

For my is H5 the 2nd best chronicle. First stay C4 :)

16 hours ago, aVx said:

Im lvl 82, just finished subs. What full boost are you talking about :] ?I've agree that new Chronicle give's more things/options to do. Im just worried that there will be 2 empty h5 servers. Since players that can't do anything on this server will move to fresh. :)Β 

This server is already empty, because its 2 years old. And I am almost 100% sure that a lot of people will move from old server to new server, just because its so much more fun (not talking about hundreds of returning players or new players on the new server). Its just how it is. For me, the decision is very easy. Should I continue to play on H5 with 50 players (from which 90% are only solo farmers -> boring), or should I start on new server with potential up to maybe 1 - 3k players and a lot of fun? If you like to play on empty server, feel free to do so. Otherwise NEW SHRINE is the way to go.

1 hour ago, TzaR said:

When i come here i dont looking H5, i read GF/GE/ PROBABLYΒ Freay, and come.

I would like to see FreyaΒ no matter tomorrow or next year

Value your word.

Well, you cant really please everyone. Also, as you pointed out, they said update to GE, which they DID and MAYBE to Freya. So they can, but they dont have to update to Freya and they still kept their word. They dont owe us anything.Β  :)