L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, so here is what I think. Information about L2 Shrine Gracia Epilogue server Chronicle: Gracia Epilogue EXP/SP rate: 2xΒ  Adena rate: 2x Drop/spoil rate: 2.x

Just to let you know, i've start working on new website, control panel, stats pages, drop spoil, etc. Unfortunately due to almost no free time lately, progress is rather slow, but at least we're movin

Ppl play here 2 years at x5 rates and they still has no 85. x2 is too hardcore ;s

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

Open a new GF/GE server would be enough to bringΒ ppl, after some time join it with old server. And there is no need any newer chrono like H5, this one works almost perfectly, coz many bugs already cleared.

Why Jorn doesnt do this, dunno, lack of resources ? But then what point to run this server, where 2 guys fighting other 2 guys ?

Hi @haleluja.

It's true we have most of the bugs fixed, we have our own anticheat and we also have experience running the server. However, that is not enough. ItΒ would take a lot of time and money to run second server.

It's not a problem to set up second server, i would also be willing to spend some money to propagate it. But would players come? I doubt it, because there are much larger projects, and most of the servers have almost only russianΒ player base. EU players aren't playing anymore, maybe some would come because of nostalgia, but they would quit after few weeks. And in order to attract more casual players, i believe we'd have to make the game simpler, by e.g. adding a buffer so that players don't have to box buffpets.

And we'd definitely have to implement donate system, which in turn requires legal work to be done. With donate comes taxes, reporting toΒ finance bureau, payment disputes, and so on.

Oh hai,

Talking about player base, I played in spanish HFΒ server, with solid population,Β their base almost from locals. Would some of them would come to play here ? Of course.

Need keep in mind that good servers now in limited offer. Majority is pvp/custom trash servers, or Interlude, for me big mystery why ppl still plays it, trashy unbalanced chronicle, but whatever. I think you would get population for sure, of course not for long, but then you just join servers, and open new after 2-3 years.

I think its mistake that you didnt tryΒ to workout some donate system here, now would be easier. Donations that doesnt affect gameplay much, for example buff char for some money, as you mentioned about custom buffer.

Well I understand that running new server will require much more attention and resources. All these players with their dumb and not dumb requests..

Then maybe you can at least upgrade this server to HF, old loyal players would get new content ?

Edited by haleluja

I might talk to @EmcaΒ about this, since i can't do it just by myself.

We could again invest time into opening new server, but we have to ask ourselves if it's worth it if only 200-300 unique ppl (maybe not even that) would join and population will be almost 0Β playersΒ in 2-3 months?

If anything, opening a seasonal server would make most sense imho:

• open in October / November
  • close before summer in May / June
  • chronicle GF or GE because H5 extender is not ready (we have l2off h5 data) and H5 is too big for small community server
  • and then think through donate system

"but we have to ask ourselves if it's worth it if only 200-300 unique ppl (maybe not even that) would join and population will be almost 0Β playersΒ in 2-3 months?"

You will never know for sure, of courseΒ need to do some advertisement too. I think you can try one time, and if it not works, you can put l2 to grave forever then.

But I think it would work, coz old living servers still applies this scheme, open new/join with old.

And some donation system - it's must be, at least you will get additional motivation to work.

Edited by haleluja

would be nice to see H5 as well, as for bugs in this server i noticed some odd ones, but it's stuff related to dynasty sets effect mostly so not even sure if there's way to know how they're supposed to work

example i have my own doomcryer with the enchanter dynasty robe, now the set effect states "Int-2, Men+2, Casting Spd. +15%, Max MP +321. Dark Resistance +8, decrease MP consumption, decrease magic cancel rate"

i farmed for dynastic essence II and the effect upgrade to a

Int-2, Men+2, Magic Casting Speed +15%, Maximum MP +321 Effect. Darkness Resistance +8, MP Consumption +6% Decrease, Magic Cancel Rate +15 Decrease.

the part i bring attention to is the "mp consumption +6% decrease, there's no difference between the consumption of the normal dynasty robe enchanter set vs the dynasty satin robe enchanter set (the one with the dynastic essence II)

Edited by bhh
17 hours ago, haleluja said:

Freya was canceled, coz its too hard, chronicle as IΒ know was never leaked

True, there is no full leak. Only AI and some scripts leaked.

Β 

11 hours ago, bhh said:

would be nice to see H5 as well, as for bugs in this server i noticed some odd ones, but it's stuff related to dynasty sets effect mostly so not even sure if there's way to know how they're supposed to work

example i have my own doomcryer with the enchanter dynasty robe, now the set effect states "Int-2, Men+2, Casting Spd. +15%, Max MP +321. Dark Resistance +8, decrease MP consumption, decrease magic cancel rate"

i farmed for dynastic essence II and the effect upgrade to a

Int-2, Men+2, Magic Casting Speed +15%, Maximum MP +321 Effect. Darkness Resistance +8, MP Consumption +6% Decrease, Magic Cancel Rate +15 Decrease.

the part i bring attention to is the "mp consumption +6% decrease, there's no difference between the consumption of the normal dynasty robe enchanter set vs the dynasty satin robe enchanter set (the one with the dynastic essence II)

I can take a look into server files and see what it really does. Sometimes description in client does not match the real effects on items.