L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Wipe sServer

On 1/20/2018 at 4:53 AM, Emca said:

Not immediately - let's say a month before opening another new server. For example if we open "Shrine 2" this year, we would merge it into "Shrine 1" a month before opening "Shrine 3" next year or so - so nobody would lose anything after year of playing, players would just decide whether to continue on merged server (which would increase the old server population - this would be mainly for casual players) or to start on a brand new server in a month (mainly for competitive players).

Funny, I thought of the exact same idea and was wondering why no other server has done this. Biggest problem of low rate L2 players is after 6-9 months when people have everything it gets boring and or people leave etc. To keep the excitement alive create a new server every year and keep merging to the old one. People still get the "new server" experience rushing to get gears and epics pvp etc. With your skills I'm sure you can make it work :) 

8 hours ago, Oriphix said:

Funny, I thought of the exact same idea and was wondering why no other server has done this. Biggest problem of low rate L2 players is after 6-9 months when people have everything it gets boring and or people leave etc. To keep the excitement alive create a new server every year and keep merging to the old one. People still get the "new server" experience rushing to get gears and epics pvp etc. With your skills I'm sure you can make it work :) 

This idea, or very similar was suggested by @MoreQQLessPewPew  like half year ago when he was looking a place for his clan, pity it didnt come true.

• 4 weeks later...

Games like Path of Exile have shown that seasonal leagues are successful. I could totally see Shrine pulling something like that off.

PoE moves all characters from seasonal leagues to the standard league when the season is over, then the next league starts. Each league has a unique twist to it, but it's the same base game. Standard league benefits and grows with content from the unique leagues, leagues remain competitive and a scarcity of items makes items desirable.

I think you should be careful creating additional servers if they're identical to the base server, since they come with an end date. Leagues in PoE usually decrease in popularity significantly in the latter half of the duration. The same would most likely happen here. Unless there's still goals reachable by end of server?

If you're serious about going down this route, I suggest looking at that game and all the things they got right. I think you're on to something here.

Hi, no, Shrine has strong no-wipe policy. There's a slight possibility we'll want to open a new server additional to Shrine + come up with new lifecycle for it (maybe open new server every year and merge the old server to Shrine?) but it's all still very theoretical.

Have you thought of something more about it ?