L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Wipe sServer

Hi all 

I would like to ask Emka if there is the possibility of a vip server.

i play her somthing like 6/7 month and it was really fun but alot of ppl gone from server.

Ther is no more competition and bc of this new ppl dont come.

Hi, no, Shrine has strong no-wipe policy. There's a slight possibility we'll want to open a new server additional to Shrine + come up with new lifecycle for it (maybe open new server every year and merge the old server to Shrine?) but it's all still very theoretical.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Qpczyk said:

What is the point of opening a new server and connecting it with the old one?

Not immediately - let's say a month before opening another new server. For example if we open "Shrine 2" this year, we would merge it into "Shrine 1" a month before opening "Shrine 3" next year or so - so nobody would lose anything after year of playing, players would just decide whether to continue on merged server (which would increase the old server population - this would be mainly for casual players) or to start on a brand new server in a month (mainly for competitive players).

6 minutes ago, Eldax said:

I'm afraid about online at Shrine1 when u open Shrine2  ;p Also most of newcomers will choose Shr2 so Shr1 online will go low and low even harder. 1 year waiting for merge is a lot of time.

There's lot of casual players who don't care about big population but want to keep playing on one server for years without losing their chars and equipment - and as they play just few hours per month, they would have no chance to get some better equip if they had to start over and over every year or so...