L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

L2 on company computer

Qpczyk

Question

Hello, sometimes I get bored at work and play myself in various old games like h3 or simcity on a company computer. The problem is that the computer has blocked administrative rights, and lineage 2 requires them to run; / Has anyone have idea how to pass it?  Maybe i can edit l2 files at home to remove that? ;o

6 hours ago, Qpczyk said:

@gracik515

Im not trying, I play but no L2 xD

@Emca

I do not move my laptop as fast as minimizing the window xD

Connect laptop to same monitor as company computer, use company computer screenshot as background, when somebody appears switch to background, then on monitor switch input.

Only thing you need to hide is second keyboard and mouse :D

8 minutes ago, Deathwing said:

Connect laptop to same monitor as company computer, use company computer screenshot as background, when somebody appears switch to background, then on monitor switch input.

Only thing you need to hide is second keyboard and mouse :D

Maybe we should implement Boss key feature to the client :D

Mmm if your laptop is strong enough... perhaps try this.

• Create a virtual machine on your work computer. To get in installed you may need to justify its "Work" related :P 
  • Install Lineage
  • Connect to the a virtual NIC and hotspot it to your phone.

In theory the connection data will be using your phone data and the VM will bypass AV and or Firewall that your company has.

Only draw back is you using your phone data not sure how much it costs in your country. In most part of EU i believe you get a decent data plan so might be worth looking into. Alternativly if your company has Guest wifi you can try that but that will normally be also locked down by the firewall etc.