L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

L2 on company computer

Qpczyk

Question

Hello, sometimes I get bored at work and play myself in various old games like h3 or simcity on a company computer. The problem is that the computer has blocked administrative rights, and lineage 2 requires them to run; / Has anyone have idea how to pass it?  Maybe i can edit l2 files at home to remove that? ;o

It doesn't work for me (gives critical error about insufficient memory) but it may work for you.

In system folder create file "l2noadmin.bat" with following content:

@echo off
set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER
l2.exe

Then try running the bat file.

4 hours ago, Emca said:

Hmm I've just tried to run it as ordinary user under Windows XP and it worked well. Seems there's some firewall that's blocking your traffic on port 2106 (and probably on 7777 too)...

yep, only 80 and 8080 is free :)

i think the problem is not that L2 cant be run on your company PC, but sometimes you actually found your self with nothing to do at work xD

in my case, i always busy at work so at home i have urge to play game a bit to refresh :P

---

enough with the OOT, i cant run some application with my company PC too, the solution was call the admin, drag him to allow my program :D:D:D

10 minutes ago, ToTheLeft said:

i think the problem is not that L2 cant be run on your company PC, but sometimes you actually found your self with nothing to do at work xD

In some jobs you sometimes have to wait until something completes (in my job it's typical that I'm waiting until code compiles and for some projects, it's around half an hour) so there may be some time when you don't have anything to do but wait...