L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Chrismas Event done stupid

Santa doesn't insist on the specified requirements:

• Players must be logged in.
  • Players must be in combat mode (if in party, only 1 member of the party needs to be in combat mode) outside of peace zone.
  • Players must NOT be in instanced zone or Olympiad.

Β 

I just ported to Stakato Nest with 1 character (WC), the rest of the party were in town. Walked under shadow to another room, haven't even entered combat mode, got a gift in an alley without mobs.

There was an AFK party standing right on Shyeed's nobless port, none of them in combat mode; their WC was visited by Santa 5 times within 10 minutes.

Β 

Edited by mirage

Renamed topic, I'll post further stupidities here. Why I even wonder NCsoft did another event littered with bugs and nonsense? :D

Give a physicall attack/crit rate/dmg to EE. Check.

Say Rudolph will return to Santa 10 minutes after giving buff, then don't make it happen. Check.

Β 

Ad aVx above, yeah that's beyond stupid. For example at Devil's Isle port there are now 5 AFK characters hitting the cat. @Emca could you prevent this kind of abuse? Tie it to exp gain or something. Action/skill use won't work because they'll just use kb/mouse macros.

Β 

1 minute ago, mirage said:

Say Rudolph will return to Santa 10 minutes after giving buff, then don't make it happen. Check.

This is a bug, I'll try to fix it

1 minute ago, mirage said:

could you prevent this kind of abuse?

Not in any easy way but it seems I'll have to remove full A grade +12 weapons (you should get them instead of the shadow ones on December 25) or at least find some way how to limit it...

I can't talk to pet at all. Am i doing something wrong? Updated client yesterday, checked today there isnt any option to update or so. So i can't even change subclass, since it's shows i need to unsummon my pet. But as you can see, i can't unsummon him.Β 

Shot00107.jpg

/petrevert should work

But in order to raise it you''ll need the pet action window. Try Options -> Initialize (it's a button on 2nd tab, I think). It will move all UI elements to default positions.

edit: fixed command

Edited by mirage
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, mirage said:

/petrevert should work

But in order to raise it you''ll need the pet action window. Try Options -> Initialize (it's a button on 2nd tab, I think). It will move all UI elements to default positions.

edit: fixed command

/petrevert worked! That's nice!

Β 

Second clue didnt help :/Β Try'd even to reset to default still nothing.

On 12/12/2017 at 12:56 PM, Emca said:

Not in any easy way but it seems I'll have to remove full A grade +12 weapons (you should get them instead of the shadow ones on December 25) or at least find some way how to limit it...

that's bad new since I'm on vacation for that date and not bringing my PC with me. Kind of limiting for those who wont be able to log just one specific date.

On 12/12/2017 at 11:56 AM, Emca said:

Ok, Rudolph should now return to Santa and I've completely rewritten the function responsible for selecting random active user and added some checks to ensure nobody gets two gifts during one Santa delivery :)

1 hour ago, Fusada said:

that's bad new since I'm on vacation for that date and not bringing my PC with me. Kind of limiting for those who wont be able to log just one specific date.

I'm still not sure what to do with those full +12 A grade weapons. Leave it this way? Change it to some random chance? Remove it completely?

Any ideas?

23 minutes ago, Emca said:

Ok, Rudolph should now return to Santa and I've completely rewritten the function responsible for selecting random active user and added some checks to ensure nobody gets two gifts during one Santa delivery :)

I'm still not sure what to do with those full +12 A grade weapons. Leave it this way? Change it to some random chance? Remove it completely?

Any ideas?

Leave it this way as it is , someone will be happy9_9

19 minutes ago, Rise said:

Hi Emca,

I'm wondering, why you change time delivery a gift for only 5 min :( There is no chance to get gift for casual players like me. I Tryied to get gift today 2 times ... And still have nothing.

Regards,

There are two limits for gift delivery:

• time limit (4 hours)
  • count limit (based on current online player count)

Also, how do you try to get the gift? Hitting NPCs outside of peace zone doesn't work anymore - you have to be really active during gift delivery.

3 minutes ago, aVx said:

I still have no idea how to pass lvl on 2 event pet :D

There are 3 variables that start at 0 % and have to go to 99 % in order to raise reindeer to adult:

• time - you have just to wait for it, it increments automatically
  • affection - you have to scratch reindeer when it wantsΒ it 4 times (it increments by 25Β % three times and 24 % fourth time)
  • appetite - you have to kill mobs and let reindeer feed on fruit baskets 10 times

When all 3 are at 99 %, you have to wait 5 minutes and reindeer will change to one of adult versions.

• Like 1

Also, how do you try to get the gift? Hitting NPCs outside of peace zone doesn't work anymore - you have to be really active during gift delivery.

Hmn, im in Martyrs and killing mobs now. I get nothing but my box which only stay, get a gift so... (MY BOX DONE NOTHING...) So if i log my char and put him oautside cities on afk,Β  he will have a chance to get a gift? I don't understand it... :(

Β 

There are 3 variables that start at 0 % and have to go to 99 % in order to raise reindeer to adult:

• time - you have just to wait for it, it increments automatically
  • affection - you have to scratch reindeer when it wantsΒ it 4 times (it increments by 25Β % three times and 24 % fourth time)
  • appetite - you have to kill mobs and let reindeer feed on fruit baskets 10 times

When all 3 are at 99 %, you have to wait 5 minutes and reindeer will change to one of adult versions.

Β 

After get 99% on 3 variables Rindeer give a buff but stil his name is "Baby" not adult:)

Β 

1 minute ago, Rise said:

Hmn, im in Martyrs and killing mobs now. I get nothing but my box which only stay, get a gift so... (MY BOX DONE NOTHING...) So if i log my char and put him oautside cities on afk,Β  he will have a chance to get a gift? I don't understand it... :(

When some char is active, any char from his party can get the gift.

1 minute ago, Rise said:

After get 99% on 3 variables Rindeer give a buff but stil his name is "Baby" not adult:)

Name shouldn't change. In fact only level changes - level 1 = small baby Rudolph, level 2 = larger baby Rudolph, 3 ~ 6 = adult Rudolph, 7 = Rudolphina.

When some char is active, any char from his party can get the gift.

Ok, but my box was outside a party. Realy... this is my buffer.

Β 

Name shouldn't change. In fact only level changes - level 1 = small baby Rudolph, level 2 = larger baby Rudolph, 3 ~ 6 = adult Rudolph, 7 = Rudolphina.

Ok thx for explain that:)

I have 3 adult rudolph on lvl 6 - how get lvl 7?:)

Β 

Anyone get vitality buff? :)

I tried 7 times...;p

Β 

14 minutes ago, Rise said:

I have 3 adult rudolph on lvl 6 - how get lvl 7?:)

Anyone get vitality buff? :)

I tried 7 times...;p

It's random - when it grows from level 2, it chooses 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 (or rare variant with Turkey)

Just try raising another one