L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Paladin is a weak class ...

Nope, I'm playing at some mid rate now, and just cant even imagine me to play w/o npc buffer or autoloot again, or to log in 7 accounts with buff to just leave town.
I was just preparing account for sharing, saw oly going on, joined and got surprised that it's not stacking.
But srly, GE changes where u can heal urself for 4.8k with sacri, or make stun+time and stun some1 for 20 second are making paladin class so weak... just unplayable.

9 hours ago, Eldax said:

Hello.
At start i have to say im not sure is it bug, but i always though in GE Angelic Icon or Flame icon can stack with boost morale, and later probably since freya AI can stack even with FI.

Nope, in Freya Angelic Icon, Flame Icon, Spirit of Shilen, Boost Morale and tyrant's Totems still the same type `possession`.

1 hour ago, mirage said:

Nope, in Freya Angelic Icon, Flame Icon, Spirit of Shilen, Boost Morale and tyrant's Totems still the same type `possession`.

So it's not bug? TBH I've never played tank so I don't know these skills much

As i said i dont know how it should be, I was always playing l2j and i just though its working like that. I saw many wideos of paladins using reflect agu and stack icon with phoenix reflect, cuz since freya his pet is receiving all his buffs, and running to opponent with double icon.
Atm Im more about stacking Icon angelic or flame with Boost morale in GE, cuz this is current shrine chronicle.

I've tried to google it a bit and also look to Freya and Glory Days leaked files.

It's still the same in Glory Days and it seems it's known "problem". You can't stack Boost Morale and Angelic Icon, but you can stack Angelic Icon and Flame Icon.

44 minutes ago, Eldax said:

So after next update shrine paladins will stack icons, and become the weaknest class?

I don't think so. It's difficult to find reliable GE-specific sources, we can at best guess what happened between GF and Freya. Icons haven't changed, and Boost Morale was added.

The only mention of these in patch notes is from High Five: Flame Icon - No longer overlaps with Totem skills.

Here we can again guess whether Boost Morale and/or Angelic Icon qualify as Totem skills. Personally I'd say Boost Morale does, the buff is very similar in nature, while Angelic Icon is more like Zealot. But that's just my opinion which in the end doesn't matter. In Freya scripts both BM and AI are of the same type as totems, so it seems they haven't touched these skills until H5. Maybe the information was just lost in translation -- Icon and Totem are related concepts.

Edited by mirage

Hmm I was bit wrong with stacking both icons - they probably started to stack on H5:

| Gracia Final | Freya        | Glory Days   
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Angelic Icon     | possession   | possession   | possession
Boost Morale     | N/A          | possession   | possession
Flame Icon       | possession   | possession   | possession_special
Spirit of Shilen | possession   | possession   | possession_special
Totems           | possession   | possession   | possession