L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Wipe & Kickstart this project?

Hey guys.
Im a former player from this server and id just wanna know if the admin team would consider wiping the server and starting over?
I remember the server ran really well and id like to play on it (so do many ppl i know that played with me here) but it always was kinda useless cuz the population didnt seem healthy at the time we left and as i have checked a few weeks ago it has only gone down from then.

Id just like to ask and maybe even encurage the administration to consider restarting this project and maybe even advertize it as a progression server since you already have the epilogue files ready.
Imho this server is and was one of the best ive played on, the only thing missing were the players.

Maybe you could even do something for the old players, like a starter pack with some cosmetic items or sth i dont know.
Please consider it cuz me and many others would love to play here but it just makes no sense with the state the server is in right now.

Hi, sorry for short answer, I'm already sleeping. We're going to update to Epilogue within 13 days (giving some bonuses for newbies) and we're going to start advertise it very soon. If you want to help server population to grow, just come back and play for few weeks/months - people make people and we know that few servers will start to fail during winter and their population will consider going here. We're lowrate, there's always time to (re)join. We're not for server hoppers but if you plan to play somewhere for years, you can count on us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Horrible idea. Wipe is like worst thing to happen to server? I've joined this server few days ago with 0 friends here and knowing noone and im doing great. If it is like you are saying that you can join with few people, then it should be peace of cake for you. Obviously manor isn't in best shape, but well it isn't dead also. 

Dear admins, do not do this at any cost! I'm a new player here, and I chose this project over official classic because of stability (without wipes) among other things. 

I know, the hardware is cheap now and colo/networking as well especially in your area, but if that will be a dealbreaker for you, please let us donate. The real donation, I mean. 

Im sorry to say, but noone is gonna start on a server thats already a few years old where ppl are so far ahead theres no way you could ever catch up.
Basically thats why the server population dropped recently because one clan dominates the whole server because tey had a huge advantage in gear and playtime.

No wipe policy is all good, but when theres 20 ppl playing on your server and potentially 3k interested in playing you kinda have to reconsider your options. I get that its not about money, but still your goal is to make a great server for as many ppl as possible and not just 50 players.

3/4 of the shops in giran were gogita´s Theres no economy on the server, especially if you dont play in a CP or big clan.
A single payer will never get anywhere here without ppl to drive the economy.

Best of luck with the advertisement campaign, but i seriously doubt it will attract any number of ppl.

How about opening a new one then?
Is there any financial possibility for that? If not how can we help to make it happen?

3/4 of the shops in Giran are mine? okay.. i will take this as a compliment :P

1 hour ago, Quaak said:

Im sorry to say, but noone is gonna start on a server thats already a few years old

well u just had 2 people and their friends joined few days ago commenting above ur message 9_9

I agree that the economy of the server is not one of the best but u cant change the fact that the server has 2 sides = The tryhards who farm raids and world bosses all day and the casuals who play 1-2 hours per day or even if they play more they focus on the most basic things such as "How to collect enough adena for SSC" "How to find B grade" "How to spoil A grade" and "Where is best place to farm adena" .. Most people dont have even basic knowledge and any idea of how to grow and progress.. so how u expect those people to sustain the market?
Most of the clans are bunch of randoms, so was yours too. No CP, No organization, No purpose.. just moving around the map like headless chickens doing nothing all day. Stuck at 78 forever. Well.. thats nobody's fault but theirs. Trust me i can a sure u that if a competitive player start on this server he will reach 78 in 2 weeks, not 5 months like most of you, imagine this with the 1 month event of boosted exp/sp/drops. 

There is no one else to blame but the community. 

Population is not the one and only thing people care about, 1 year already on this server i met with lots of new players and testers who also ask about how is the PVP on this server. People want pvp .. not just endless farming and stacking ur useless asses (yes LR i'm talking about you) and want it or not i have to say the truth that the only pvp on this server is on the last 2 sieges. I have to explain how 3 months, every single saturday and sunday our clan was making party for TW/Siege and Our castle was dead and quiet as a cemetery..

Yes, No wipe policy is nice and we stand behind it strongly because if it wasn't it we wouldn't even start playing here. Cause i'm sure the people who "will never start a server that is already old" are much less than the people who are fcking tired of russian donation god damn trash servers that close every 3 months and wipe your hard to get progress. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

Plus when Epilogue is out, it's gonna be much easier to get Dynasty stuff as well, no need to farm Hellbound 24/7 to get recipes. Also 79 -> 80 will also be easy because there's the Seven Signs quest chain, that has nice XP rewards. And there's gonna be increased rates for 2 months, free B grade stuff and vitality items for players and free clan level 5. So in my opinion, if new clan joins, they can catch up pretty fast (if they know how to farm properly).

3 hours ago, Gogita said:

well u just had 2 people and their friends joined few days ago commenting above ur message 9_9

I agree that the economy of the server is not one of the best but u cant change the fact that the server has 2 sides = The tryhards who farm raids and world bosses all day and the casuals who play 1-2 hours per day or even if they play more they focus on the most basic things such as "How to collect enough adena for SSC" "How to find B grade" "How to spoil A grade" and "Where is best place to farm adena" .. Most people dont have even basic knowledge and any idea of how to grow and progress.. so how u expect those people to sustain the market?
Most of the clans are bunch of randoms, so was yours too. No CP, No organization, No purpose.. just moving around the map like headless chickens doing nothing all day. Stuck at 78 forever. Well.. thats nobody's fault but theirs. Trust me i can a sure u that if a competitive player start on this server he will reach 78 in 2 weeks, not 5 months like most of you, imagine this with the 1 month event of boosted exp/sp/drops. 

There is no one else to blame but the community. 

Population is not the one and only thing people care about, 1 year already on this server i met with lots of new players and testers who also ask about how is the PVP on this server. People want pvp .. not just endless farming and stacking ur useless asses (yes LR i'm talking about you) and want it or not i have to say the truth that the only pvp on this server is on the last 2 sieges. I have to explain how 3 months, every single saturday and sunday our clan was making party for TW/Siege and Our castle was dead and quiet as a cemetery..

Yes, No wipe policy is nice and we stand behind it strongly because if it wasn't it we wouldn't even start playing here. Cause i'm sure the people who "will never start a server that is already old" are much less than the people who are fcking tired of russian donation god damn trash servers that close every 3 months and wipe your hard to get progress. 

Cheers.

Nice so +4 players to the server. What are they gonna do? Play alone till 79 an quit cuz they cannot get gear unless they start a spoiler, a crafter and all the other crap they need to make up for the missing economy. Might aswell play a single player rpg or open a local L2 server and play all alone on that.

Also i dont know if you realize, but randoms are players too, and they also contribute to the economy cuz they buy stuff and sell stuff.
I also highly doubt that A competitive player (single) would get anywhere unless hes farming all his S grade alone.
A CP might be pretty successful here yeah, but what for? To be the king of an empty server? No cp is ever gonna join here cuz thers just no point.

Blame the community allright, but blaming will not change the situation.

You say population isnt everything, then you complain your sieges are mostly dead and quiet. Kindof a contradiction there.

If you stand behind the nowipe policy so strongl i can only assume its because you won the server and dont wanna give up that highhorse. Allright, i can kinda undertand that but how long do you plan on logging in for sieges where nothing is happening. Already saying you log for sieges...so you pretty much dont log for anything but sieges....is that the way you wanna play L2?

You also dont have to choose between lolrussiandonateserver or lolemptyodonationserverrunningfor6yearswith3pplplaying
There is certainly more possibilitys then these 2 options.

I could play here any day, but why would i? Theres noone to play with, theres no way im gonna spend all this time gearing myself up here...for what?
I dont aspire to be the king of the ashtray. I wanna play on a server that has a community. 5 ppl are not a community. Sorry

• Haha 1

As for opening new server - it would have to be very different not to be competition for L2 Shrine and also we don't have any free space in rack so we would have to rent the server somewhere which would cost around $200 a month (with all DDoS protections, proxies etc) so only possibility is making it hi-rate server with donations. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of such servers and that the population would be similar to our ~300 returning players and that such server would last 6 months and then would have to be wiped and started anew. Does anyone want it? :D

33 minutes ago, Quaak said:

Nice so +4 players to the server. What are they gonna do? Play alone till 79 an quit cuz they cannot get gear unless they start a spoiler, a crafter and all the other crap they need to make up for the missing economy. Might aswell play a single player rpg or open a local L2 server and play all alone on that.

Also i dont know if you realize, but randoms are players too, and they also contribute to the economy cuz they buy stuff and sell stuff.
I also highly doubt that A competitive player (single) would get anywhere unless hes farming all his S grade alone.
A CP might be pretty successful here yeah, but what for? To be the king of an empty server? No cp is ever gonna join here cuz thers just no point.

Blame the community allright, but blaming will not change the situation.

You say population isnt everything, then you complain your sieges are mostly dead and quiet. Kindof a contradiction there.

If you stand behind the nowipe policy so strongl i can only assume its because you won the server and dont wanna give up that highhorse. Allright, i can kinda undertand that but how long do you plan on logging in for sieges where nothing is happening. Already saying you log for sieges...so you pretty much dont log for anything but sieges....is that the way you wanna play L2?

You also dont have to choose between lolrussiandonateserver or lolemptyodonationserverrunningfor6yearswith3pplplaying
There is certainly more possibilitys then these 2 options.

I could play here any day, but why would i? Theres noone to play with, theres no way im gonna spend all this time gearing myself up here...for what?
I dont aspire to be the king of the ashtray. I wanna play on a server that has a community. 5 ppl are not a community. Sorry

Too many things that you understood on the way it suits you,why would somebody bother making you understand? o0 

You ask for a wipe because you woke up and decided u can't find a proper low rate server and shrine would be ideal if the server started from  zero . 

Sorry to break it down for you but randoms cannot contribute something to a "high end" player like us.Ancient adena and to buy A grade from my tezza drops.Mucho economy we'd have 20b instead of 35 in the warehouse .. 

There are people playing but all of them are regular/casual . if somebody wants to tryhard then he/she will join a clan and try to stack up char / fight etc . The problem is that even the "stacked" people do not fight ( yeah........Lastrun/Immortals .. ) 

And who the fck cares that we won the server? i dont really care for winning such players and personally i dont care about winning in general  after all these years in L2 . 

And this " so you pretty much dont log for anything but sieges..." why would somebody with  high end gear/skill enchant/full epics etc play for except for sieges and oly ? even pvp has a reason.you try to kill somebody when he xp so u interupt him / take the spot / take the epic from him etc.

People bring people ( i think emca said it) and it's damn true . You can play and join a cp/clan and start being competitive and wake up the "pvp" side of some others.

And you can accept being casual, play whenever you feel like it, grow towards your goals and simply enjoy the game. That's what I do. Sucks that I don't have B grade on my 3 boxes at level 56, and I don't think I'll be able to be fully stuffed in A grade at level 61 but I don't really care at the moment. My stuff is enough to XP in catacombs, farm AA and make a bit of money on the side. Sure I could rush level 78 and then cry about no stuff & no fair pvp, but I don't think i'll really enjoy it.

Being casual is not always a bad thing. People not having fun is ☺

An "old" server will always have more stuff available to new players, usually as a lower price. The equipment gap can be reached quite fast on this Chronicle, so you will catch up more easily.

• Like 1
  • Jorn locked this topic