L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

new player(server population info ty)

Dont know, i was about to ask the same. 

But the infos looks kinda dated on forum. I logged IG during the other day, and just saw a few afk people, some shops in Giran and a guys with some boxes feeding himself in olympiad. 

Some fresh infos from the inside could be nice. 

It is worth. Yes, I am one of the guys who you can see sit in Giran. People think that i am AFK, but true is i just waiting for new faces for our academy and maybe new comrade for our clan. And beside that, I am busy with a bunch of other things

I can not tell you the real population now(maybe around 300 active? I do not care), but i am pretty sure it is still cool against another low/high rate rival with donate. 

Yes, if u're enough patient to play here for 2 months with 250 online, and w8 for GE update and mb for new players who will come here with some interlude serwer shutdowns.
If u're going to start here, get demotivated, quit and never visit serwer again, its better to dont even start here. Atlest not now, ask again in 1 month.

Well, arround 200 even is enough for me tbh, i dont mind solo a bit if there's something to do in the end. :)

I'm too old to play on the good ol' rpgclub etc, so i'm just trying to find a place to chill a bit, i just hope Epilogue is arround the corner since it's one of my fav chronicle.

So, SexSlayer if you are still looking for char in academy, i may have a few incoming.

Just info about Epilogue, it's almost ready and needs testing :) So we're currently preparing update to Epilogue on our older server, eressea.cz (10x rate around 5 years old, population around 8 casual players) which will be ideal to use for early testing - and then, when all possible major bugs are fixed, we can do the very same update on L2 Shrine :)

So stay tuned!

Well it's kinda hard to estimate anything before we start with some real testing but I think we can have Epilogue here in a month or two if we want.

The second question is when we really want to make that update because doing it during summer can be bit unwise from marketing point of view, but it really depends. If we do the update as soon as possible, it will be good for current players but if we do it at the end of summer (~ 3-4 months from now), there may be more new players joining...

It would be good if our community added their opinions on this :)

If this was a typical server "rusheverythingandleaveserver", i would say that it is dead. 
but because u are doing a good job for players who consider this server "home",

i will agree with emca+caius. server is pretty much already done for now cause people are demotivated to play/on vacation,summer jobs schedule, but we have the key of no wipe.
i dont bet much on getting new players on a september update because the the l2 community is like "ohh these people are end game , why should i start here",  but i think that if we are able to regain some of our lost population back in september , after summer , and after 1-2 interlude servers closes that drain people from here.... maybe people will come back for round 2 (happened with the russian clan , dont remember the name (artanis etc).

option 1 is doing update in 1 month in the middle of summer , in the rise of some other small project servers , with current population divided... dont think it will work , the only thing it will do is to give a little last hope in bad timing(summer was always the enemy of l2). if we have 100-200 "active" people now and do that , maybe we ll have a small rise in numbers and stop losing the flow of new players(which is the thing that actually kills the server). it is ok for people to leave , as long as there is new players income....atm there is no new players cause they see server empty and are demotivated. 

option 2 is doing update on start of september. probably we will be with a population of max 50 by then........ but updating at this time will probably drain more new players (with good marketing as u said, and with us contributing in trying to motivated our 80lvl friends that left server to come back, all sides have people like this. and even others that are end game, this game has always challenges. keep heros , going for foundation+6 sets, creating new chars as "main",going for top lvlclan+clanskills , etc. 

also there is option no3(which u wont like emca :P) . doing update on semptember(or now) on h5. i dont like this idea also(hate of h5) , and before proposing it  i should do some research on epilogue , but i feel like epilogue doesnt have much difference , at least pve like to gracia final. if this is true , many people wont get motivated by the update to come back. i m saying this cause server is 95% pve. there are not even wars yet , after 8 months , and people dont care about such things here... they just wanna do freely their pve , so if epilogue isnt so much of a difference to gracia , eventually we are gonna lose all the end game people cause those 50-100 left until september will be super end game by then , farming freely everything... 

i m betting that oly will be in bad shape since people already starting feed in the first week of june.... (not judging anyone) , just saying that now that some people from my side semi-quit there wont be competition(my side was demotivated about this for 3 months now, still we tried to motivate ourselves by trying to let NOTHING to the enemys, the harder they work and the more jerk enemys they have , the bigger their motivation, and demotivation for new players when they see 30heros on 1 clan) . it is sad that an 8month old server had 0 antharas fights , just some baium/aq fights , nothing more. 

i m gonna check the epilogue changes vs GF and edit this post

P.S: the best thing that we can do at this point , regardless on when the update happened is for the active players (the semi-nolifers that play a lot atm , to lure new players , and actually help them a lot , do staff with them , offer them teamspeak/discord etc, so that we keep some people.
i say this because many times myself i dont care about low lvls , we all use to let them play totally solo until 78 , and then we start including them to activities. i m saying this because many times we are with cold blooded with logic. also always find your personal motivation. many people always played solo doing 90% of their xp/gameplay solo, and are demotivated psycologically now cause "server is empty". since we were playing 90% of this game like a non online game , why to get depressed by this fact now...

P.S 2: P.S 1 was long , sry

Edited by heroBD
because i wanted to edit , fuck off editing question machine
7 hours ago, heroBD said:

i m betting that oly will be in bad shape since people already starting feed in the first week of june.... (not judging anyone) , just saying that now that some people from my side semi-quit there wont be competition(my side was demotivated about this for 3 months now, still we tried to motivate ourselves by trying to let NOTHING to the enemys, the harder they work and the more jerk enemys they have , the bigger their motivation, and demotivation for new players when they see 30heros on 1 clan) . it is sad that an 8month old server had 0 antharas fights , just some baium/aq fights , nothing more.

WTF is your point? When was oly in good shape on a server with population this low? It just can't work.

You complain when someone feeds on oly? How dare they feed outside your side's feeding schedule!

Or are you saying that your side actively tried to drive new players away? A few weeks back I was running around Giran late at night, saw oly announcement, there were some people in C-A grade from one small clan in 4 arenas, obviously not aspiring for hero, just doing their nine "matches". Next round, guess how many tryhards didn't have anything better to do than squash these guys. Antistyle, Gogita, Explo.

And you know what's more demotivating for new players than half of heroes from 1 clan? Half of castles owned by 1 clan with manor set in none of them. That's what you had when I came here.

As for no world boss fights, that has to do with low population as well (and a lack of balls in some clans). I think I've never seen Baium waiting for people for 8 hours like yesterday. It's always been the other way around 9_9

my side always , ALWAYS did oly in the last week of the server.
my side in order to have 30 heros in 2 months straight had to camp lr and others since 1st day of the month, so i guess we deserved it vs some A grades who just wanted to do their matches.
my side many times did same waves and said "reg oly bds , reg oly bishops , reg oly WCs.
my side 95% of the times took heros so that OUR enemys wont have heros to oppose us , not to take for example DA hero from the 6-7th side of the server.
me personally a month that i didnt play in the past i said "i dont want DB hero , and we fed KROD(a non friend , non enemy at the time for hero)

me personally worked hard for titan hero in one specific month and just gave it to KRATOS in the last day (being former enemys by the time, just because he asked kindly and wanted it , while i was always considering my titan a box).

also whenever a good guy comes and asks for something , having some opportunities , asking for a box hero, if he follows instructions, not throwing points to random enemy waves, and if this hero isnt vital to us he could have it. there were some other occasions in the past. now if u just joined server , play bd for example and want to take hero , sry but no. DARKS will be perma hero , cause DARKS works hard for it every month. this is the nature of the game.

we were playing competitive and we took most of the hero because we NEEDED them. and in the end, where would the hero, help an A grader .... maybe in the best case scenario , in raid bosses with his clan for 1 valor (and being shinny).

About manor , up until may 7 that i left and owned oren+aden , personally i was setting manor in each town spending 8m-12m / per day / per castle (at least for 3 months everyday) so i will just call u liar on this. and if it wasnt set some days it would be monday/tuesday after sieges.(also eventually people from everyside where having top prices on specific things they wanted , so good/typical manorers could benefit)

also when somebody does his 9 matches in C - A grade , i guess he expects the 20k tokens reward , if he is lucky 35. so what if it is me , or what if it is explo taking his points. if he is "smart" he will do his 2 matches today , his 2 matchs in 2 days , etc , and he will end up just fine not having many leaks.

about the castles because u know nothing about the history of this server probably... u know who offer help to smaller clans in the past ? us + last run.
u know when we started taking more that 2 castles(example aden?) when a neutral clan (angelic thunder) teamed up with our enemys , so it was a payback taking their castle.
do u know who helped smaller neutral clans take castle?(jormvikings-antistyle). do u know what happened 1 week later ? the russians took that castle for 0 specific reasons(while they already had 2 castles owned).whenever a neutral-nonenemy side asked , we would give a non necessary castle away, or better for us , help them take 1 bot castle of our enemys. atm my side has 0 castles and hasnt even attack another for more than 1 month(while even in these numbers we could do it).the problem is that smaller sides dont even ask for it or something(i have in my mind maestros/jormvikings as a very nice small/neutral clan that just comes for fame in every siege....). i guess if these guys asked , both us + last runs would help them take a small castle... same goes for others.

and about the epics , it is kinda sad because of the numbers of the server as u said. because people know that even if they dont get any tezzas this month , or next or whatever , they ll have their chances cause sides will stop eventually farming it. in general 95% of the epics of this server isnt worth it cause there was no fight made for it... no hard work... for all sides.

I love this server and I hope our population will increase. But logically thinking - it is rather unlikely. Lineage 2 community think that new server is a solution to all problems. So lots of player just keep quitting and joining for years. Shrine is 8 months old which is quite a lot - major turn off for clans with some ambitions to rule.

Our hope is in casual players and CZ/SK ppl who consder this server as their home and will maintain population around 150-200 till the update comes. We need a lot of luck - if interloods close, an update comes with adverts and our endgame-nolifers stop being pricks(hehe just kidding it's impossible) then we may have a chance to lure former shrine players and new players. That's my opinion. I don't really know what to do, I like playing here :P

But that's just me - I play here with my main support class which cant even pvp well. So I started to enjoy pve (it's steady and soothing for my rl stress :D ) and supporting my friends. BTW: currently we run 3ppl-mini-cp and we are open to meet new ppl. If someone here wants to join us (or make an ally with us lol) mostly for chit-chat, some farm, rbs etc just leave me a pm here :)

I wanted to write some more about what I hate here - but it makes no sense, that's jsut minor issues. Some ppl are cool and nice and some are just assholes acting like they have no other life achievements other than l2. It is just L2 community like everywhere.

So, my conclusion is.... dunno. Let's hope it will be ok, advert server and enjoy the game, while GMs work for GE update.

Oh and one last thing: Emca, pls, next time adjust events so that it is less retail and more adequate for 8months old 5x community. :P

well as for my new player point of view, i never minded joining a already established server, fact is people in engame are lazy as fuck and inactive most of the time, and the market is often mature enough to close the gap quickly stuff wise if you know what you are doing.

On the other side, the real problem atm is that new comers can't find a clan bcuz of this lazyness, today there were like 5 new people i met in an academy that were looking for an inter clan (frankly any active active clan they said) but the offer is just not here. Left alone these new comers for the most part, if they dont have the guts to solo wont stay long, even with all the nicest updates or event you could produce. 

Guess some CL are missing daily opportunities to strenghten their forces on a daily basis and should pull ouf their fingers ^^'

Edited by Delmy
  • Like 1

Btw doc, me and a friend of mine would be glad to have some chit chat partner, during intense mob bashing. Just pm me if you'are interested. (atm we planned to do everything by our own but it's funnier with some mates)

• Like 1

Now a serious reply since i couldnt answer earlier that day ( yeah,i have a job even though it seems weird to most of you ) 

L2 community is and always will be the same,there will always be ppl that try to totally fck up any competitor and pwn the server,the thing is who does it the most and worse (always imo ).

yeah the fact that we keep a high % of the heroes is because we have ppl camping oly since the begining of the month,(mostly me and gogita ),simply cause i dont want to let these kids with small dick syndrome feed each other freely and have some kind of fun / hero / benefit / joy in this game ( yeah,im talking about Russkies and mostly about LR ) .they simply don't deserve it . and Btw all the heroes we got this month  were taken in the last 3 days of oly ,just me gogita and caius mostly ( except for the main classes such as Vyl stefanden and few more that im a bit lazy to write names now)

And ofc we'll get the heroes on OUR boxes instead of letting them on  enemy boxes,they tried to get mine in the begining once and took some of our mains on their boxes back then,but as ppl say,life is a wheel and it's spinning.

if you check the castles atm in game u'll see who's the one who still fcks up the whole thing =) we own aden and dion , russkies got schuttgart , Darkness got innadril , NocniKlub had oren that we help for months and LR took it from out box clan,and the rest are occupied by LR,even now that the server doesnt have much activity they keep rushing castles ,i cant rly  think of any particular reason since they dotn even  manor and the tax on castles sucks tbh . Last oren siege we helped NocniKlub get it with our boxed chars  and just my main .. LR had this one aswell .(that's so u understand why this kind of ppl dont deserve to " win " , vids coming soon ) 

The main problem is that ppl dont have the guts to start and play on an already end game server,only few of them . they dont actually get the benefit of this,that there's already a market and they wont have to kill mobs like idiots wherever they need something from.like most of us had to do .it may sound stupid to some of you but YES,it's a B E N E F I T if u dont have to farm forever till u get a tallum helmet or a doom helmet  and u can just buy it by xp'ing somewhere else . 

also as somebody said,end game ppl are lazy and bored,it's a small advantage aswell,u cant aim for a hero against them ofc but u can get other stuff easier from them . 

Another problem is that even the "end game competitors" of MT are afraid to face us every single time no matter what,only declared war when they  could fight against us but they end it for more than 4 months  already simply cause they cannot stand it)

I also agree that another problem is that active ppl look for clans to join and there's not much active players anymore to recruit,i am not playing much lately aswell,

There's much more to discuss but it is already boring and most of the ppl wont read that :P 

PS:as i've said a dozen times,this server deserves a better community,not only numbers but more skilled and competitive players(that's what l2 is,some casual players that will pve and kill some time ,and then ppl that like to be a bit more competitive).The gms are  doing a rly good job on fixing bugs and helping people and the server is stable  for the most part as the only problem i remember was with some lag spikes few players experienced for 10-20 days and that's all .

Sorry for the long post.Here's a potato 

19114587_10203526511159294_1917228800_n.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Antistyle said:

The main problem is that ppl dont have the guts to start and play on an already end game server,only few of them . they dont actually get the benefit of this,that there's already a market and they wont have to kill mobs like idiots wherever they need something from.like most of us had to do .it may sound stupid to some of you but YES,it's a B E N E F I T if u dont have to farm forever till u get a tallum helmet or a doom helmet  and u can just buy it by xp'ing somewhere else . 

also as somebody said,end game ppl are lazy and bored,it's a small advantage aswell,u cant aim for a hero against them ofc but u can get other stuff easier from them . 

Oh you betcha' ! Me and my friend will.

Nobody will see us comin' :), but with a life and the fact we are more focused on making adena than leveling, we aim for a couple month lvling phase. (leveling like 7box with 7wolfies the same time is a bit slow :P

But as i said, atm the market is perfectly fine for opportunities, especially if people keep selling those A grades or S grade part for a decent prices,experimented newcomers like us will benefit from that.

BTW still looking for an international clan (if anyone is interested by 2 actives guys), or looking for a third patner (preferably zerker/destro/tyr), pm on forum :P

(Avalaible classes: AW/SK/BD/SWS/EE/WC/BH )