L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ Slava Ukraini! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

It will be great idea to open a side server.
example.
You Open a server in 10 at next month, )okay, alot of guys and pro and clans searching low rate server this time, but nothing is comming up. We are 40 people on my clan and playing on pvp waiting something comes up. I join here.)
So you open at 10/6 a server = people joining = people not living about everything is 80 = people staying and enjoy the game.
After 2 or 3 months u can make a great event with sieges and staff and merge the 2 servers to one again.

It will be bad for the other guys on the server ofc, but i thing is the only way right now to get new ppl on your server.
Β 

Hi, it's interesting idea, but:

• we currently don't have available hardware for it (requires server with at least 4 cores and 24 GB of RAM + Windows Server 2008)
  • we even don't have available space in our rack, so it means we would have to rent a server for some $100/month - not big deal but we pay everything from our own money, we have no-donate policy and it won't change
  • the merge itself is problematic because there would be duplicate character names, maybe even duplicate clan names, also castles would be lost for the players from the "new" server because we definitely can't take it from players who play here
  • I fear there is in fact no advantage in starting on identical but empty server - the 80 level guys here won't hurt you if you start now and if you have 40 clan member, in 6 months you would probably overpower the strongest clan that's here now... also if you start here, there are people on the market selling things that would be otherwise much harder to get

I like the idea, but I see so many problems with the merge...

If you're really like 40-people clan, you can start right now and in few months you have full dynasty and can beat anyone. Come on, the "strongest clan" consists of 8 people or so (am I right?), they're just well organized

So the other 39 people want to farm 2-3 months on server with no economy, hit 80 and then transfer to the old server? Sounds like a lot more grind than joining the existing server with market full of A/S equipment for crystal prices; well not everything, some pieces are harder to get, but still.

• Like 1
  • Jorn locked and unlocked this topic