L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Weird aggro?

Someone told me ingame something about weird aggro - mobs attacking sitting buffpets etc. I think I know what it is, but I need some details. Unfortunately the player who told me wanted me to fix it right now or he'll leave server (so he probably left, because I can't fix anything without details and without confirming it's really bug).

Does anyone know what was that?

In my opinion it's this (but I'm not sure):

• character A brings aggressive mob close to party
  • mob has some aggro against the character A
  • when mob sees other characters from party (character B, C, D and E), it gains some aggro against all of them (B, C, D, E)
  • so A has let's say 1000 aggro, B, C, D and E have 300 aggro each
  • when mobs wants to decide which char to attack (which can change with any aggro change), it rolls dice in ratio 1000:300:300:300:300, so chance that mob will continue attacking character A is only 5:6 (5/11)

But I really don't know... Please comment if you know anything about it :)

The guy who told me was bit angry about it and also seems to really leave the server. I know, it's one guy, but is anyone here sure it really worked this way on official server around 2008/2009? Also there's comment about it on reddit  link

I mean, there's a possibility that NCsoft changed it between PTS and production Gracia Final...

It's not "one" guy, you spoke to two of us. That is not normal. Summoners just get screwed when the mobs suddenly decide to scramble to our buffers or to the summoner. 

We brought a few people with us from a different Interlude server which shut down and there were more to come. Now we're going to most likely have to bail.

This is most definitely not a feature. You ignored me completely and answered my buddy after a lot of hassle. Furthermore you just met us with dismissal and "post it on the forum".

You have posts about this already:

April: 

February: (we also encountered this and it's partially the same issue)

October 2016: We were just in TOI 3 today and got screwed.

I understand that you want to keep things under control and to keep the drama on the down low and also that your "Heroes" are big fanboys since they can just farm their clannies and chill. It's fine that they reply to our shout that "nothing is wrong".

However, mistakes were made and not enough done to rectify it. Pretending there is no problem doesn't fix it.

• Like 1

As for "ignoring" you and your friend, I've just came home, had to make dinner etc and logged on just because someone wrote me on the forum that some hero is rude and I should do something about it so I've written some announce and went AFK. We're totaly nonprofit and don't have always time - that's one of reasons why I've asked you to fill bugreport. Second reason was I need to discuss it publicly - more people, more info. Also I really need details like level difference etc so I can investigate it on test server where I can attach debugger.

I definitely know that aggro mobs attack chars/pets that didn't do anything - but the fact is we really use l2off so it's made this way already. So please help me to find out whether it's really bug...

EDIT: sorry for typos and latency, I'm on iphone

On GF servers mobs are more agressive towards "the weakest" characters. For example in Varka mobs become more agressive towards character which is there only for exp (10 lvls between them), do nothing (no heal, no attack). So, it depends on how the server determines the weakest one.

@Klilstrum

Aggro - have you ever played on L2OFF Gracia Final servers? I played on a few and aggro was like this on all of them. Interlude isn't GF, there's a lot of differences.

For the beast farm - can you provide us with detailed description of the problem?

TOI - probably geodata problem - do you have /loc where it happened?

It would be helpful if you can provide us details and just not yell at us that something is not the way you think it should be.

We can't fix anything without detailed description of the problem.

I dont think that its only "killing the weakest" My buffpets are higher level, than my actual damage dealing character, and they still get agroed here and there. And thats why i think that everyone in your party get a set amough of agro and L2 just spins the dice and chooses a new target randomly

Edited by Torkit

I get a feeling this could have been avoided if you had a template of what you want in the bug report. Assuming players will give you the information right of the bat is....well silly :) Looking at the way your current bug section works is there is a lot of back and forth and wastes a lot of your time I think.

Create a template of what information you need and sticky it to the Bug section. If the information is not provided as per the template nothing you can do. At the moment you get players getting angry because to them they have reported a issue and its not fixed. They provide you with "some" information but not "all" the information you need to fix the issue.

Just an idea from a ex player.