L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

Hello Everyone!

Years ago I played Lineage 2 for a very long time, but life happened and I had to drop this particular hobby. Now I'm looking to rejoin the game with my GF to play the game casually. I spent the past 2 days looking for any good private servers, that had a decent sized, and good community.

After my search I ended up with 2 candidates, one of them being this server (L2Shrine), the other one being L2Dawn.

My first impression of the server is great, but it is the same with L2Dawn too, so I'm torn in between the two. So I ask you guys, how many people should I expect on this server playing and would the community be welcoming to casual players? Also if there is anything I should know about any of the two servers that isn't fairly obvious, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you guys in advance.

• Like 1

Hello!

It is always nice to see new players. Community is not so big, about 200ppl playing during week and about 300-400 at weekends. GMs even said sth about 800 acc but Im not sure. Maybe GM would say something more about server traffic :D

Most people that I met here are casual players that have families, jobs etc. so they only few hours after work to relax. :) Ofc there are some nolifers fully equipped and stacked but it's minority. Find a clan that suits you with academy reward. If you are CZ/SK you won't have troubles with finding company. If you are looking for international clan - there are some also.

Server is really cool but not so big community. Pros: it's stable, no donations at all, no bots, great helpful GMs.

Just give it a try ;)

• Like 3

In my opinion, I would say that L2 Dawn is not gonna last long. Server has started over multiple times in past few years. This server is planned to be running for long time and also there is a possibility of upgrade to Epilogue and even Freya in distant future. 

Hi and welcome!

Don't worry about updates to newer chronicles, we're going to split it in small updates. If you like slow paced gameplay, i think you are going to like our server. Rates are low, and there's a lot of things to do in Gracia Final, and once we start rolling out updates to Gracia Epilogue, there will be even more stuff to do.

I think that community is here is fine, there are of course players that like to flame each other, but those are everywhere. And you can always block them ;).

We (GMs) are trying to be as active as we can, so if you have any questions, don't worry and write me a message here on forums.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Hello there. I'm only going to answer the second part of your question which is that l2 dawn gms suck big time. I've played there before finding this server, i was there since the start and let's just say they made very dubious decisions without explaining anything, changing siege times and then saying "nothing happened, it's the same". As far as I am concerned, I want gm's to impartial, which is what i found here.

Edited by brilliance

Alright, thank you guys for your input, I pretty much decided to start again here on L2Shrine.

@Jorn I have to ask though, since I'm curious. You (The GMs) are obviously not in it for the money, so what motivates you to keep this server alive and running?

Edited by Antaryon

Hi, there are several reasons why we do it...

• enthusiasm; we really like the game and although we don't have time for playing it, we don't want let it die (all those pay2win servers etc)
  • education; we are learning how to do everything on our own, we don't buy any software that we can't write on our own (we develop our server as opensource)
  • reputation; we feel we might get some this way
  • continuity; all servers we were playing on are long dead and we feel we can give something back to the community (making server and again developing server as opensource)
  • joy; making l2off can be really fun; it's really satisfying when you fix some bug that bugged you a lot on some past server :)

I think we can probably find more reasons but these came to my mind...

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Emca said:

Hi, there are several reasons why we do it...

• enthusiasm; we really like the game and although we don't have time for playing it, we don't want let it die (all those pay2win servers etc)
  • education; we are learning how to do everything on our own, we don't buy any software that we can't write on our own (we develop our server as opensource)
  • reputation; we feel we might get some this way
  • continuity; all servers we were playing on are long dead and we feel we can give something back to the community (making server and again developing server as opensource)
  • joy; making l2off can be really fun; it's really satisfying when you fix some bug that bugged you a lot on some past server :)

I think we can probably find more reasons but these came to my mind...

Thank you for humoring me, now I'm definitely going to join this server :)

Edited by Antaryon
  • Like 1

@Antaryon well my experiance on this server is not so good...soon you will see that this server is starving for players to much... there is no economy going on... you will have hard time to sell anything.. You will get the feeling that you are playing alone. There is maybe 150-300 people online, the rest are boxes and i get the feeling that server is dying slowly.

i'd recommend you to rather play another game which atleast have some community and official support.

you will have much better experiance.

6 minutes ago, Bopyer said:

@Antaryon well my experiance on this server is not so good...soon you will see that this server is starving for players to much... there is no economy going on... you will have hard time to sell anything.. You will get the feeling that you are playing alone. There is maybe 150-300 people online, the rest are boxes and i get the feeling that server is dying slowly.

i'd recommend you to rather play another game which atleast have some community and official support.

Thank you for the intput. To be honest I'd rather play on a lower population, but good server, than a big one lacking a good community. The population on a server is largely in the hands of the community playing there anyway, so once I have more experience here I can always spread the word around if I like the server.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bopyer said:

I have to disagree. Lineage II is an old game. If you want to play on a stable lowrate GF server with most population (in this old game) possible, L2Shrine will make you happy. There is like 1 more lowrate with higher population but it's super old, older chronicle and they don't ban bots. There is just nothing better than L2Shrine for the old L2 feeling. Imo the server is even growing really slowly. I can sell my stuff in Giran, too. The game is just old and we can be happy to have so many ppl online since many prefer midrates.

You can't say "this server is not so good" when there is no better alternative aka: Same chronicle, banning bots, l2off files. I wish that the population would be much higher too but the game is old. If you want to play an MMO with higher population, you'll have to accept that L2 isn't the right choice for you (at least on lowrate). Then you should play WoW or BDO. No hard feelings but I honestly wished for higher population too but there are just no players who play this game anymore on a decent botfree server.