L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

I see lots of people getting banned for botting which is great.

@Emca perma ban it means that the character and all related accounts is banned?

So lets say If the banned player wanted to play again they will need to create another account and start fresh?

Offenders should be punished which should teach them not to do it again but we still allow them to play, which is basically starting fresh. Due to the ban they would lose all there items and levels so they would start again with a new account and level 1.

I know @Jorn mentioned the below but perhaps it can be made a bit clearer and maybe sticky to the perma ban section?

This might already be the process I don't know, if it isn't what do you guys think?

Edited by Oriphix
On 3/24/2017 at 1:59 AM, Oriphix said:

Anyone else noticed that there hasn't been any bots banned since the 23rd of January! :o 

Almost feels unbelievable that no bots for two months. L2Shrine custom Anti-Bot rulez. :D 

46 minutes ago, Oriphix said:

I see lots of people getting banned for botting which is great.

decide urself... We all know both posts was made just to lick admins as ses, and u always say that u think they want to hear, but u could atleast stick to 1 version.

2. Ur forum acc getting baned with all game accounts created and all acc u ever had logged (atleast that happend when Balm0r got banned, and half his clan which quited month be4 got ban also, but i think that game accounts not related to baned guy may get unban).

3. Usually banned ppl dont start again, i knew most of baned ppl and only 1 of them started again(and i guess only bcuz it was in 1st serwer week, and he was booting just to check serwer quality ;S ). This serwer is not atractive for bots, why?
Online is not enough high to risk - u're easy to get spotted.
Also low online = low demand for premium adrenaline made just for l2shire(recode bot for shrine antibot system is not even worth trying)
Most of players are casuals, playing 4fun(lets say, but its hard to imagine l2 can ever fun), so when there is no tryhard there is no reason for boting also.
Real money trade is illegal.
Adena sellers already tried theirs powers here, and they got dissapointed for totally no customers.
and few more, less meaning reasons...

• Like 2

In my previous server they had the model which I described above. And this will come as a surprise to you but a lot of banned people actually still wanted to play there. Happy to send you a PM with the URL of that server / forum if you want to see it.

The model was players admitted that they did bot and asked if they can be allowed to play. There was a ban appeal section in the forums where they can post. They won't get there items or botting accounts back but they get to create another account and start again. 

Waiting for GM's to answer / clarification.

Edited by Oriphix
Removed parts of the original post as don't want to waste my time with the replies it will generate.

Hi, we usually ban all player's characters and sometimes we ban also forum account. Sometimes it happens that someone lends some character to a friend who is using bot, in that case we ban all characters, but we MAY unban chars that weren't involved in botting - this depends on circumstances.

If someone gets banned and wants to start anew, we don't ban him on sight but we may guard him more than the other players :)

well if its not ip ban, u can always start new account... Getting old character is nonsence because: 1. when u used bot, u already cheated progress on that character. 2. GM cant track what items he gets by boting, so even if they want unban someone they have to delete all items on all his accounts... so why waste so much time and energy on cheater?