L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Slava Ukraini! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

IMPORTANT: Daylight saving time discussion

4 minutes ago, Airaven said:

You really think that so many ppl watch forum ??ย 

I guess its about 20% of population here ... maximum!

the DST affects mainly big clans/big communities. If they care for it, they will encourage their memebers/players to go on forum and state an opinion, if not it meansย  they don't care about it, it's just like gathering people for a raid or siege.

• Like 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ok stop posting sh its about % of population using forum or any other sh its ....The simpliest and the fastest way how to manage this is to make survey / voting app on your main site ( l2shrine.com) o

dont speak instead of us.. just because GMs dont want to change time doesnt give us a reason to quit the server.... about the rest yea ur right, change it one last time and let it be.. i wou

if olympiad is the main problem, you can just reduce olympiad period by one hour

Posted Images

Just now, brilliance said:

the DST affects mainly big clans/big communities. If they care for it, they will encourage their memebers/players to go on forum and state an opinion, if not it meansย  they don't care about it, it's just like gathering people for a raid or siege.

EXACTLY!

2 minutes ago, Airaven said:

You really think that so many ppl watch forum ??ย 

I guess its about 20% of population here ... maximum!

yeah. ~80% players used forum just once - to create accounts, and those who using it time to time already saw that ppl said they're unhappy with that and try not to spam (i guess)

16 minutes ago, brilliance said:

In english, please. I was under the impresion this is an english speaking server

This is international server, and not all people here have perfect english, get used to it ;).

ย 

8 minutes ago, Eldax said:

yeah. ~80% players used forum just once - to create accounts, and those who using it time to time already saw that ppl said they're unhappy with that and try not to spam (i guess)

This whole discussion was created so that players state their opinions and you are telling me they don't want to spam? this is the time to spam, if you want something.

1 minute ago, Jorn said:

This is international server, and not all people here have perfect english, get used to it ;).

ย 

I'm not asking for perfect english, i'm just asking for english, that is not an excuse to post in your own language, they're playing a game that is in english , they should at least have basic knowledge, if not, create 2 separate forum threads, one in english, one in czech

1 minute ago, brilliance said:

I'm not asking for perfect english, i'm just asking for english, that is not an excuse to post in your own language, they're playing a game that is in english , they should at least have basic knowledge, if not, create 2 separate forum threads, one in english, one in czech

Originally it was czech thread in czech section because only czechs complained...

Then someone english speaking (I don't want to search for it now) started replying so it slowly switched into english.

In fact allย non-czech-speaking players were lazy to create new thread about it in international section...

Just now, Emca said:

Originally it was czech thread in czech section because only czechs complained...

Then someone english speaking (I don't want to search for it now) started replying so it slowly switched into english.

In fact allย non-czech-speaking players were lazy to create new thread about it in international section...

Or maybe they don't care about server time change

@brilliance pls ure just trying to force qarrel. Post was created in cz/sk section by czech player, and when not cz/sk forum users started to coment it also it got moved.
They live in +1 time zone so this change affects most to them, other players didnt care much cuz +7 or +8 is no difference for them.

1 minute ago, Eldax said:

@brilliance pls ure just trying to force qarrel. Post was created in cz/sk section by czech player, and when not cz/sk forum users started to coment it also it got moved.
They live in +1 time zone so this change affects most to them, other players didnt care much cuz +7 or +8 is no difference for them.

Yea, yea, got it. @Emca explained it , just now.

Yeah so topic and complains from TOP clans on server means nothing but ifย some IMBECILE (And thatยดs not offensive, because if you let that happen to you you are imbecile) cry about getting their pet disappeared or even equipment dropped then its no problem for you to do so .....ย 

So this is the policy ?? RETAIL LIKE:

If some retard let his pet disappear you return it to him. (RETAIL !!!)

If some retard let his equipment drop because of full inventory you make it to get into inventory. (EVEN MORE RETAIL!!!)

If majority of active people complain about server time that is set, lets ignore them because its not RETAIL like ......

Why not to try it your way (Show us that comunity want to keep this time and let them post in this section with at least 51% so maybe 251 active accounts :-) ) - Now itยดs Your turn @Jorn

PS: Why did you change servertime to winter time when it occured 6 months ago, If you CANT change it now??

ย 

Edited by Airaven
16 minutes ago, brilliance said:

Cleaned up the thread - i hope you will be happy now :)

• Like 1

@Airavenย Calm down, thanks.

First of all, don't mix pets and daylight time, the latter can totally break the server. When we switched to the winter time last year, it brokeย a lot of things and we were fixing it for an hour or two. Some things even popped out few days after the switch. What could also happen is that olympiad can get reset.

And I don't see majority of the server complaining. There's around 10 people in this thread that are complaining.

And to everyone who wants to post something: calm down your emotions and behave politely.

ย 

This topic isnยดt about amaze community with level of someone else english. I am still in the hobble with my english. Letยดs ,,voteยดยด: one hundred percent agreement whit -

- Oly etc. (actions)ย will earlier than latter.

- If itยดll be the big problem i mean do some changes in DB and now the imortant thing is: Whatever admins will do could be a problem so dont be childish thereafter do nothink is sometimes better than do quite a lot and realy bad.

My posts were deleted.

If you dont want change time every 6 months, just move server time to utc+2.

ย 

ย 

I want server to move to UTC+2 (olly 18-24 in summer, 17-23 in winter). Its much more comfortable for people who have to wake up to work.

8 minutes ago, Deathwing said:

My posts were deleted.

If you dont want change time every 6 months, just move server time to utc+2.

ย 

ย 

I want server to move to UTC+2 (olly 18-24 in summer, 17-23 in winter). Its much more comfortable for people who have to wake up to work.

No, your posts are now in czech section.

ย 

I understand that this change could be difficult for u, but i agree with most of the replies here.

ย 

The majority population on the server is from Europe (to be exact most from middle and east Europe) and for all of us this timechange is realy bad.ย 

Not only cause of Oly, but also CS ending at 23:00 on Sunday or TW on Saturday is bad ..... most of us are working/studying and we have to wake up realy soon (Oly/CS)ย or just want to go to have some fun with friends in real life on Saturday(TW).

ย 

I like the idea from Porem ...u could easily switch it to summer time for ever (i supposeย nobody will be angry of this)ย ...it could be maybe the best way how to manage it even for u GM.

Or just keep switching it ย to summer / winter time ...it is still just twice a year ...i think it is not so much work ;)ย 

Anyway current setings is the worstย out of all possible ways.

ย 

and the last important idea from me??

ย 

U are carrying on the server for U ย or for the players on the server?? (no players = dead server) ...think about that ... ;)ย 

2 minutes ago, Aphr0 said:

Anyway current setings is the worstย out of all possible ways.

No, the worst possibility is to switch it twice a year (so americans get it switched 4 times a year). Now it switches twice a year max for anyone.

3 minutes ago, Aphr0 said:

U are carrying on the server for U ย or for the players on the server?? (no players = dead server) ...think about that ... ;)ย 

We care about players so we want stable server. And whatever we do, there will be always few that won't like it (currently I see 21 people that are against UTC+1 - that's 4.2 % of server population)

5 minutes ago, Emca said:

We care about players so we want stable server. And whatever we do, there will be always few that won't like it (currently I see 21 people that are against UTC+1 - that's 4.2 % of server population)

You have to be kidding with those % again .... how many % are for current time actually 0 which is exactly 0% of server population ......

In another point of view now its 21:0 which can be represented as 100% : 0% of active people who represented their opinion on forum.

3 minutes ago, Airaven said:

You have to be kidding with those % again .... how many % are for current time actually 0 which is exactly 0% of server population ......

In another point of view now its 21:0 which can be represented as 100% : 0% of active people who represented their opinion on forum.

Everyone who plays here can also write here on forum, you're still just 21 people though. Tell your clanmates to share their opinion here, otherwise, from our point of view, there are only 21 people now who dislike it so much they weren't lazy to write something...

• Jorn locked this topic