L2 Shrine strongly condemns the aggression of the barbaric russian federation. 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦

New Player Questions

Hello everyone!! I am thinking of starting to this server but I need to ask some questions first:

1) How many players are online?(average per day)

2) How long this server lasts and it is gonna last for many months more?
3) People communicate in English also here so I can feel more comfortable?

4) Give me 3 reasons you think the server is good.
Thanks in advance, hope to see soon your replies to decide if I start!! :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tzar it isnt about not having numbers. it is about server mentality. most of the people wont fight for anything , they are just there, either casual players or carebears/no pvpers because of the gener

example: on the last TW we didnt have more than 5 people active doing only "tw quests"  but people will think of "moragtong has all the wards, they destroy the server , they have box castles , etc" .

Hi,

1. daily around 800 chars online, according to our statistics it's some 500 different people over 3 days

2. server started almost half a year ago (october 1st) and we plan to run it for years

3. some players communicate in english, some players communicate in czech (we have strong CZ/SK community)

4. someone else should answer this one :)

1 minute ago, Emca said:

Hi,

1. daily around 800 chars online, according to our statistics it's some 500 different people over 3 days

2. server started almost half a year ago (october 1st) and we plan to run it for years

3. some players communicate in english, some players communicate in czech (we have strong CZ/SK community)

Great, thanks for the fast response! I am waiting to see a reply from someone to the "#4" question also!! :)

server is stable from day 1 and will run for a long time. compared to what exists out there , it is unique , u find a home. ( i left server for 1 month and came back , and all my progress is here , if i do this in a russian server server that usually lasts 2-3 months , pretty much it is game over. it has also upgrate to later chronicles potential.

it has no donates/very fewer botters compared to other servers

it is generally for slow grinders and it is 'hard server'. (there is a some pvp , but people who come from midrates and are looking for pvps all the time will be dissapointed).

Edited by heroBD
4 hours ago, Emca said:

Hi,

Hello everyone and thank you for the reply to the other newbie.

My mate and I are also looking for a new server. L2RedMoon is going downhill and we are tired of switching servers every 1 month and all the hard work we put into the game not being rewarded. So we are looking for something...stable. I will be playing Doombringer (I usually switch to Judicator for RBs depending on clan preferences) and my mate probably tank (dunno if he prefers FI over SOS).

My questions are:

1) Given there are no autobuffs, do we have to make buffers ourselves? 

2) Buffs last 20 mins?

3) Will we able to be competitive against players who were here from the start?

4) How are the sieges and RBs? Is the pvp there competitive?

Thank you for your responses and hopefully we will see you in game.

55 minutes ago, Raven said:

Hi welcome to the server :)

1. Yes you need to make the box's yourself. Its unlimited box's so you can make all the buffers if you wish. 
  2. Yes buffs last 20 minutes. Songs and Dance is 2 minutes.
  3. If you get it into a existing clan, yes. Catching up item wise will take time as you are 6 months behind but not impossible.

Can't answer the number 4 fully as I can't make sieges due to timezone difference. Last time we did QA raid another clan came and we did have some pvp.

2 minutes ago, Oriphix said:

Hi welcome to the server :)

1. Yes you need to make the box's yourself. Its unlimited box's so you can make all the buffers if you wish. 
  2. Yes buffs last 20 minutes. Songs and Dance is 2 minutes.
  3. If you get it into a existing clan, yes. Catching up item wise will take time as you are 6 months behind but not impossible.

Can't answer the number 4 fully as I can't make sieges due to timezone difference. Last time we did QA raid another clan came and we did have some pvp.

Thank you for your fast reply.

I hate lvling other characters. To put it simply, I am a "one-trick Pony" so I would ideally prefer to avoid exping buffers. Do clans have offline buffers who buff for like 1 adena or something?

13 minutes ago, Raven said:

Thank you for your fast reply.

I hate lvling other characters. To put it simply, I am a "one-trick Pony" so I would ideally prefer to avoid exping buffers. Do clans have offline buffers who buff for like 1 adena or something?

Depends on clans and there rules. For our clan (invictus) we don't have this. You could just play a buffer class main? :P 

To be honest you just need 1 buffer which isn't bad.

• Melee class + Wolf + WC
  • Range like Archer + Wolf + PP
  • Mage + SE + Chicken (chicken lvl 55 will give empower)

Don't need to make more buffers if you dont want to.

Edited by Oriphix
7 minutes ago, Oriphix said:

Depends on clans and there rules. For my clan (invictus) we don't have this. You could just play a buffer class main? :P 

How come you do not have this? Oh mate the only reason I am playing L2 is the Kamael Doombringer. Fell in love 10 years back and been in love ever since. Hard to believe, but true.

I told my mate about this server, he is more used to low rates than I am cause he was playing on official for years. He told me we would need boxes and this is what I am trying to avoid lololol.

Oh you edited your msg.

By chicken you mean Kamael????? >:(>:(

Edited by Raven
1 minute ago, Raven said:

How come you do not have this? Oh mate the only reason I am playing L2 is the Kamael Doombringer. Fell in love 10 years back and been in love ever since. Hard to believe, but true.

I told my mate about this server, he is more used to low rates than I am cause he was playing on official for years. He told me we would need boxes and this is what I am trying to avoid lololol.

Well there is nothing like offline buffing. I think you mean have login details for a buffer account? I guess most of us have our own buffers plus I guess we don't want to share our accounts. Remember that the adventure buff will buff you to level 64 i think after that you don't get buffs. So its easier to make one at the start. Unless your clan will have party 24/7 and you won't solo (unlikely scenario). The server doesn't have thousands and thousands of players where you can just make one class and find party for buffers. If you want to play with buffs make a buffer :) 

1 minute ago, Oriphix said:

Well there is nothing like offline buffing. I think you mean have login details for a buffer account? I guess most of us have our own buffers plus I guess we don't want to share our accounts. Remember that the adventure buff will buff you to level 64 i think after that you don't get buffs. So its easier to make one at the start. Unless your clan will have party 24/7 and you won't solo (unlikely scenario). The server doesn't have thousands and thousands of players where you can just make one class and find party for buffers. If you want to play with buffs make a buffer :) 

Nowadays there are offline-like buffers who sell buffs for adena. So basically you "talk" to an offline player who sells u buffs for adena. I am pretty sure you have seen this in mid rate servers.

Yes, I am aware of the adventure buffs because I used to play on official too for a while during GoD. But L2 became reaaaally different there. Ok so it seems there is no way around making buffers. :) Btw, thank you so much for your replies. They are really appreciated! 

Hey guys, I thought about starting here too. I was on a lowrate H5 few days ago and the server was really good but the GM doesn't know how to promote it well, so the playernumbers dropped really hard. So I'm looking for a home with future. Everything I read sounds nice but I got some questions, too:

1) Is TzaR's post true? For me it's basically okay if sieges are not toooo populated but the overall playerbase is like 500 unique in 3 days? Can I believe that because that sounds amazing.

2) Atm the server is in Gracia Final mode. I've read that you want to update till Freya. Can I expect that this really will happen? Do you think about updating till H5 too?

Thx for the answers guys. Looking forward to it :)

1 hour ago, BadGirl said:

Hey guys, I thought about starting here too. I was on a lowrate H5 few days ago and the server was really good but the GM doesn't know how to promote it well, so the playernumbers dropped really hard. So I'm looking for a home with future. Everything I read sounds nice but I got some questions, too:

1) Is TzaR's post true? For me it's basically okay if sieges are not toooo populated but the overall playerbase is like 500 unique in 3 days? Can I believe that because that sounds amazing.

2) Atm the server is in Gracia Final mode. I've read that you want to update till Freya. Can I expect that this really will happen? Do you think about updating till H5 too?

Welcome to L2Shrine :)

1. Some sieges are bigger then others depends on how many people attend. People do have families etc not many can no life (just speaking about our clan). You will find posts from GM's saying including box's we sit around 800-900. 

2. I believe the GM's want certain things achieve in this chronicle before the shift happens to Freya. They have promised that and have promoted the server in this way.

Enjoy!

tzar it isnt about not having numbers. it is about server mentality. most of the people wont fight for anything , they are just there, either casual players or carebears/no pvpers because of the general 'low population' and high chance to get what u want eventually without having to fight for it. 
example: us on zaken , until we had some we made a deal with forsaken to peacefully farm zakens so that noone has to cancer up with the low lvl raid curses/etc....
forsaken: just standing there for 5-6 months not fighting for any baium/aq cause they know that server doesnt have so many people and eventually they ll find opportunities to hijack it.
same happens with tezza. we tried to create some " fights" one time when people just come there, , have no wars , and expect just to be the ones to sneak in tezza first. 
same will be for anything , until every side gets things they eventually need and kinda stop giving a fak, until a next pver side comes, because every one on this server is either 5-10 people's clan or totally casual/left behind player.

i wont say i m better than others , i talk know while being "endgame" compared to the server, but the difference is that when i was left behind i was fighting for things , and to get better. rest of the server dont . and many people here play 8hours + a day , not only the 'nolifers/tryharders' , they just have a terrible point of view of this game.

we have far ahaid sides that gets greedy and then demotivated cause of lack of competition leaving server
then we have a little bit behind players trying to pve/sneek the sh it out of everything.
then we have quitters who get demotivated cause they were ahaid and eventually lost, or see that they cant win and dont even try
and then rest of the server playing here in b-a grade for 6 months enjoying their game but not in the competitive scene.

this server is just 95% pve / sneak whatever i can , it isnt that it doesnt have numbers. everybody is lazy to do politics to create something bigger and things go worse and worse everyday even if u see it or not. but it has still numbers , the community is just this way.

• Like 1

example: on the last TW we didnt have more than 5 people active doing only "tw quests"  but people will think of "moragtong has all the wards, they destroy the server , they have box castles , etc" . if 1 party , not more , only 1 came , it could take 2-3 wards until we could prepare to defend.
if 2 or more came they could .... ok not take our castle cause we are still far ahaid , but have some fun.... not even a single person appeared...... 
i remember back in the days we were also have to kill cata/do quests for 1 hour for nobless etc , but for the second hour we would fight for wards..... most of the times......since last run lost dion and wards , there hasnt been a  single fight , either for the wards or the castle with the wards.....
if people were a little bit smart , server could have been interesting.

Edited by heroBD
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, BadGirl said:

Hi,

1. Of course there are sometimes sieges with few people, it really depends on who is currently in war with whom etc. Generally, we have around 800 online each day (including boxes), on last TW it was around 1200. Our statistics say we have around 500 different real people playing here in past 72 hours.

2. We'll update it first to Gracia Epilogue but it will take few more months - we want to keep Gracia Final for some while. After update to Epilogue we'll keep it that way for some time again and then, after a year or two or so we'll finally decide whether we want to upgrade to Freya or keep it Epilogue...

12 hours ago, BadGirl said:

Hello and welcome from me as well.

I am a new player here, having joined after changing server every month because of rookie GM's, OP donations (for example vorpal armor after 5 days of start), and servers generally shutting down after 1 month because GMs just wanted to grab fast money. Speaking for myself, I am tired of lvling up over and over and over again, doing this damn Noblesse quest over and over, and doing subs again. So, I decided I need something more permanent and this is why I joined here. (Also, this server is top10 on Hopzone and thats how I found it.)

As far as statistics are mentioned, yes the server does have approximately 800ppl. Also, I would like to underline that the server mentality is very different from other servers. It seems people here are more grown ups, rather than the kids who flame and talk sh!t all the time - a pleasant change for me. 

Regarding pvp, it is my belief that quality > quantity. I have been in Baium battles where 1 ORGANIZED party can wipe out entire clans (assuming they are slightly better gear-wise). If clans decide to cooperate and fight against one particular clan, I think good cooperation will play a significant factor in determining the final outcome of the battle.

On a side note, the GMs appear to be very friendly and caring for the server - a fact that made my decision to play here easier.

If any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

1 hour ago, BadGirl said:

I've thought about a buffermain. Are they still needed?^^

WC main yes :) most people have them as box's but main is always better. EE is also good. PP not so many people like to party with because most of the buffs the WC is better. I would suggest just play the class that you want to play. That way you won't get bored and re-roll later :) 

Isn't SE better than EE or doens't SE get 4 pomanders in Gracia Final? Because SE got empower, stigma, bless the blood and with 4 pomanders I can take greater battle heal, resist shock, clarity and major heal. Not sure though ^^ And Prophecy of Wind is the best buff for mages and further more adds vampiric for fighters. I personally prefer EE but SE should be the smarter pick, shouldnt it?

7 minutes ago, BadGirl said:

Isn't SE better than EE or doens't SE get 4 pomanders in Gracia Final? Because SE got empower, stigma, bless the blood and with 4 pomanders I can take greater battle heal, resist shock, clarity and major heal. Not sure though ^^ And Prophecy of Wind is the best buff for mages and further more adds vampiric for fighters. I personally prefer EE but SE should be the smarter pick, shouldnt it?

Actually the pomanders are on Gracia Epilogue if I am not mistaken, but SE is still the smarter pick, also I don't agreee with @Oriphix that WC buffs are better than PP, it's just easier to buff with the WC.

Yea I compared the buffs a lot. WC has all buffs that are needed for fighters (he lacks chant of berserker in gracia though) while PP got blessed body/soul and tons of resist buffs + berserker but he lacks vampiric rage buff.

In my opinion it's:

1)Fighter+WC

2)Archer+PP

3)Mage+SE

But since I always played H5... and older chronicles are YEARS ago xD I thought I might ask first ^^